Quantcast
Possible Job Fraud? Need help. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Possible Job Fraud? Need help.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Default Possible Job Fraud? Need help.

Hello everyone. I want to ask your help to investigate and help a friend of mine who has been looking for a job and was contacted by a company, apparently, is based in the Netherlands. Here goes the story:

The company is named Luxe Galaxy. Based on their website (www.luxegalaxy.com), this company books VIPs like politicians, businessmen, personalities, etc. for their trips. The company had a job posting in indeed.ca and my friend received an email about a job opportunity from them stating they are expanding to North America and starting an office here in Calgary (stated by their email that it is at Regus Calgary, 421 7 Ave SW which is TD Canada building). Initially, they asked for employment application which my friend has sent bad to them. It just asks for her name, address, phone number and her signature which are all in her resume (except her signature).

The next day, she received a confirmation and that someone will be contacting her for this job. A couple days later, the North America Manager called her and informed her of the training and that there are just a couple of documents that they need to confirm her identity. My friend again, submitted the same information just like what is in her resume plus signature (name, address, ph #) her driver's licence. She scratched her DL's number on her document but the bar code ( which I noticed) is still there (I don't know if it will be of value if this is indeed a fraud). The company is the one that said to scratch the "numbers" from the documents that my friend will submit so she did. On the training documents that was sent to my friend, it states that while being trained, she will get paid by interact transfer. No bank accounts or other information (other than what's stated above) are submitted by my friend at this time.

From my investigations, here are the things I've noticed.
    1. The company's address is on their website which is in Amsterdam. Their site LOOKS legit but when I do a google search. there has been no information about their company. Via google maps, looking for their address, I do not see their name on the map (unless they really opted out from being in google?). I am trying to figure out at this time also how I could contact some company in Netherlands to verify this company's legitimacy; it is in Dutch language therefore, might take me some time today.

2. I called their toll free number (1 (800) 968-5175); sounds legit also but noticed that one option is when they want to contact an agent, it is done via email.

3. There were a couple of posts in Google that states this is a scam from kijiji but you all know how kijiji is.

4. Their website is a ".com" website which I thought was skeptical being a Dutch company. Looks like a quite simpler website too for the kind of work they do. I don't know also if it matter but when I look up the website and do a WHOIS lookup, it's a godaddy website of where the registrant is based on Arizona (I'm not an expert on this but I just thought I look up).

That's pretty much my friend's story. What do you guys think? I am very concern about the information that my friend has provided to the company so far if it is indeed a fraud. Would they be able to access her accounts? Bank account etc. though she has not provided any of these? Do you guys think it is a fraud? What further steps can be done to verify its legitimacy?

Thank you everyone for your help.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

With zero history, its 99% likely to be a joke. However, you guys are already this far into it, see where it goes and report back?

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Originally posted by revelations
    With zero history, its 99% likely to be a joke. However, you guys are already this far into it, see where it goes and report back?
    Thanks. They did say that this week, they will meet face to face for further interview but I'm not sure if that's going to happen really. Since my friend submitted her DL, which contains her DOB, height, weight, etc, what could possibly happen with identity fraud? What can she do? Some of the questions we are wondering.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Lots of things can happen. New accounts can easily be created with that information - esp DOB.

Just keep checking your credit score for starters. Perhaps a watch on your identity?

It could be a phishing scam. They said they will pay with an email transfer? I'd be worried about clicking that link... I would bet the link redirects them to one of their sites that looks legit but then records their bank login and password.

What legitimate company pays with email transfers?

Why don't you try and contact those on kijiji who say it's not legit? If your friend has good credit you should get them to monitor their credit through Equifax.

Default Re: Possible Job Fraud? Need help.

Originally posted by jampack
    Hello everyone. I want to ask your help to investigate and help a friend of mine who has been looking for a job and was contacted by a company, apparently, is based in the Netherlands. Here goes the story:

The company is named Luxe Galaxy. Based on their website (www.luxegalaxy.com), this company books VIPs like politicians, businessmen, personalities, etc. for their trips. The company had a job posting in indeed.ca and my friend received an email about a job opportunity from them stating they are expanding to North America and starting an office here in Calgary (stated by their email that it is at Regus Calgary, 421 7 Ave SW which is TD Canada building). Initially, they asked for employment application which my friend has sent bad to them. It just asks for her name, address, phone number and her signature which are all in her resume (except her signature).

The next day, she received a confirmation and that someone will be contacting her for this job. A couple days later, the North America Manager called her and informed her of the training and that there are just a couple of documents that they need to confirm her identity. My friend again, submitted the same information just like what is in her resume plus signature (name, address, ph #) her driver's licence. She scratched her DL's number on her document but the bar code ( which I noticed) is still there (I don't know if it will be of value if this is indeed a fraud). The company is the one that said to scratch the "numbers" from the documents that my friend will submit so she did. On the training documents that was sent to my friend, it states that while being trained, she will get paid by interact transfer. No bank accounts or other information (other than what's stated above) are submitted by my friend at this time.

From my investigations, here are the things I've noticed.
    1. The company's address is on their website which is in Amsterdam. Their site LOOKS legit but when I do a google search. there has been no information about their company. Via google maps, looking for their address, I do not see their name on the map (unless they really opted out from being in google?). I am trying to figure out at this time also how I could contact some company in Netherlands to verify this company's legitimacy; it is in Dutch language therefore, might take me some time today.

2. I called their toll free number (1 (800) 968-5175); sounds legit also but noticed that one option is when they want to contact an agent, it is done via email.

3. There were a couple of posts in Google that states this is a scam from kijiji but you all know how kijiji is.

4. Their website is a ".com" website which I thought was skeptical being a Dutch company. Looks like a quite simpler website too for the kind of work they do. I don't know also if it matter but when I look up the website and do a WHOIS lookup, it's a godaddy website of where the registrant is based on Arizona (I'm not an expert on this but I just thought I look up).

That's pretty much my friend's story. What do you guys think? I am very concern about the information that my friend has provided to the company so far if it is indeed a fraud. Would they be able to access her accounts? Bank account etc. though she has not provided any of these? Do you guys think it is a fraud? What further steps can be done to verify its legitimacy?

Thank you everyone for your help.
    domain

Domain Name: LUXEGALAXY.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 1943063506_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
    Update Date: 2015-06-29T14:41:49Z
    Creation Date: 2015-06-29T14:41:49Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-06-29T14:41:49Z
    Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
    Registrar IANA ID: 146
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
    Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
    Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: Registration Private
    Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
    Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
    Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Registrant City: Scottsdale
    Registrant State/Province: Arizona
    Registrant Postal Code: 85260
    Registrant Country: United States
    Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: [email protected]
    Registry Admin ID:
    Admin Name: Registration Private
    Admin Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
    Admin Street: DomainsByProxy.com
    Admin Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Admin City: Scottsdale
    Admin State/Province: Arizona
    Admin Postal Code: 85260
    Admin Country: United States
    Admin Phone: +1.4806242599
    Admin Phone Ext:
    Admin Fax: +1.4806242598
    Admin Fax Ext:
    Admin Email: [email protected]
    Registry Tech ID:
    Tech Name: Registration Private
    Tech Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
    Tech Street: DomainsByProxy.com
    Tech Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Tech City: Scottsdale
    Tech State/Province: Arizona
    Tech Postal Code: 85260
    Tech Country: United States
    Tech Phone: +1.4806242599
    Tech Phone Ext:
    Tech Fax: +1.4806242598
    Tech Fax Ext:
    Tech Email: [email protected]
    Name Server: NS47.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: NS48.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    DNSSEC: unsigned
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
    >>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2015-07-19T19:00:00Z <<<

seems like lots of scammers uses Domains By Proxy, LLC for there registrations. google there address.

you can try to apply to the job too

bet you get a job too like your friend, no questions asked.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Luxe+Galaxy+scam

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Scamm scamm please beware they will ask for your bank information and they will steal your money they don't even exist their address is wrong and fake the place is there but their office doesn't exist there are no reviews imagine a vacation planner that doesn't even have one review its a huge scam do not give them your information if you think they offered yiu a job
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 07-19-2015 at 02:03 PM.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Creation Date: 2015-06-29T14:41:49Z

There you go. Likely the company has existed for all of 20 days.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Definitely get her to get in contact with equifax and transunion to contact her if there is any new credit attempts are made. Seems fishy...

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Its a scam. Indeed.ca is becoming shady like that. My girlfriend posted something on there and within a days she was getting a lot of those fake "I have a job responses" from