Quantcast
Anyone here have Telus 100 for internet? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here have Telus 100 for internet?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Wish Telus 100 had a higher data cap. Extra 100gb with double the speed is kinda useless.

Not sure if my roommate is downloading a ton or what but went over this month by 54gb which means 15$ overage fee. Kinda stupid. Debating if I go to Telus 100 for +10$ more and then see if that is enough to cover the usage, or stay at 50 (or even drop to 25) and add on unlimited data.

Sucks that unlimited data is 30$/month when my current bill is only 43$ (plus overages) due to hopping between promos

My Ride
    Sentra

Are people actually getting charged overage fees? I'm pretty sure I'm over every month and haven't heard a peep from Telus. I'm on 50Mbit, which is only what, 400Gb?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by GoChris
    Are people actually getting charged overage fees? I'm pretty sure I'm over every month and haven't heard a peep from Telus. I'm on 50Mbit, which is only what, 400Gb?
    Yeah it kicked in a few months back. First month since then I've went over and it showed up.

Usage charges
    USAGE (GB) COST ($)
    Usage in TELUS Internet 50 400.00 included
    Additional Usage 59.93 $15.00
    Total usage 459.93
    Additional high speed internet usage charges.........................$15.00

Originally posted by eblend

Hell unplug Telus router all together and see if your speed improves just routing through your own router.
    Sooo wheres the modem suppose to be in this grand scheme of things?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by johnlennon

Sooo wheres the modem suppose to be in this grand scheme of things?
    If you have a fiber setup, there is actually a separate modem that takes the fiber connection and then has an Ethernet port that you can plugin your own router into. Normally its a fiber modem --> Telus ADSL modem/router (using the WAN Ethernet port instead of built in ADSL functionality)

My Ride
    2018 Audi Q5 2.0T - Stage 2 Tuned

Anyone have a connection at telus? Looking for someone to help me get fibre service to my street, all the neighbours are confused as to why we can't get it...
    I am in their fibre zone but apparently my neighbourhood's "cabinet" (??) doesn't have fibre to it yet? All our street can get is internet 25.... Shitty attenuation on my copper bonded pair. 2007 built home in Aspen

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

The problem is likely the fact you have underground utilities and your house was built before Telus required developers to run fibre.

They probably have to trench.

The older neighbourhoods are getting it because it is easy to run on telephone poles.

Originally posted by amorak
    Anyone have a connection at telus? Looking for someone to help me get fibre service to my street, all the neighbours are confused as to why we can't get it...
    I am in their fibre zone but apparently my neighbourhood's "cabinet" (??) doesn't have fibre to it yet? All our street can get is internet 25.... Shitty attenuation on my copper bonded pair. 2007 built home in Aspen
    Hah, you wish it could be that easy. Maybe if you're in tight with Entwistle but beyond that, good luck.

My Ride
    Sentra

Does anyone in Cranston have 100Mbit?

I just called Telus, and they say the highest I can get is 50Mbit, and yes, I am on fibre.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

I'm an existing Telus customer paying $63/mo for Internet 25. I want to upgrade to Internet 50, but I don't want to pay $78/mo. Even $63/mo is high for 25Mbps, in my opinion.

Any ideas? Do I just call and ask to speak to retentions?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I got the letter from Telus about a two weeks ago. They are offering me the 150 speed but I think I'm going to pass. My 100 is working just fine for me.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I just called Telus, and they say the highest I can get is 50Mbit, and yes, I am on fibre.
    Call and threaten to leave. 100 will miraculously be available.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by Stealth22
    I'm an existing Telus customer paying $63/mo for Internet 25. I want to upgrade to Internet 50, but I don't want to pay $78/mo. Even $63/mo is high for 25Mbps, in my opinion.

Any ideas? Do I just call and ask to speak to retentions?
    If you aren't on a contract, call and ask how much it would be to upgrade to 50, when they say the amount ask if there is any promos they can do with that price because Shaw currently has internet 60 for X $ for 6 months without contract and its hard to justify spending more money for less speed. They'll transfer you to retentions right away.

Then say that you've been a loyal customer to Telus and would like to stay but its hard to justify spending the same amount right now for 25 when Shaw is offering 60 for the same rate on a promo and that you'd love to stay and even upgrade to 50 if you could get a deal.

They should be able to offer you the promo rate for 6 months (This is basically the conversation I had back in July when my promo expired and I got it re-added again)

My Ride
    2016 BMW X5D, 2017 Acura RDX

Im on Telus 100Mbit. Im in New Brighton though and not on fibre.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Well I kept going over my data usage by a bit (400-500gb on a 400gb plan) so decided to try and upgrade to 100mbit instead for the larger data cap. Did it via chat but the guy said if I upgrade to 100, I lose my monthly promo credit effectively doubling my bill. So that wasn't going to happen.

Then he offered to put unlimited data on my account for only 15$ which I jumped on. It was supposed to be 30$ add on (because I don't have Telus TV) so I think the rep was mistaken. Held my fingers but sure enough it shows up as "unlimited data addon - with Telus TV" for 15$, and there isn't any telus TV on my account.

New bill is 53$ a month for unlimited usage and 50mbit ... can't complain at all now.

Originally posted by pheoxs

If you aren't on a contract, call and ask how much it would be to upgrade to 50, when they say the amount ask if there is any promos they can do with that price because Shaw currently has internet 60 for X $ for 6 months without contract and its hard to justify spending more money for less speed. They'll transfer you to retentions right away.

Then say that you've been a loyal customer to Telus and would like to stay but its hard to justify spending the same amount right now for 25 when Shaw is offering 60 for the same rate on a promo and that you'd love to stay and even upgrade to 50 if you could get a deal.

They should be able to offer you the promo rate for 6 months (This is basically the conversation I had back in July when my promo expired and I got it re-added again)
    So did they give you Internet 50 for the Shaw 60 pricing?

I have internet 50 right now at a new customer rate but I'm having doubts they'll keep that going

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by huch

So did they give you Internet 50 for the Shaw 60 pricing?

I have internet 50 right now at a new customer rate but I'm having doubts they'll keep that going
    My bill shows:
    Telus Internet 50: 83$
    Unlimited Internet Usage: 15$
    Internet discount 6 months: -38$
    GST: 3.00$
    Total: 63.00$

I ended up adding unlimited on last month because we kept going over (don't have TV so everything is streamed/downloaded)

I got Telus Sept 2014 and got the promotion renewed twice now, I think the second time I paid full price for a month then called in about it and asked for it, they said no, so I asked about cancelling because of shaws promotion. I plan to try the same when it expires again.

My Ride
    WK2

Sounds like Telus fiber is available in Royal Oak.

A Telus guy was going door to door looking to buy out any Shaw contract under 10 months if you switch to Telus Fiber.

Thought it was kind of weird because last time I saw the availability map, Royal Oak was no where near available - but now it looks like Rocky Ridge is partially covered. The door-to-door guy also said the map isn't very accurate.

I've just gotten used to the Gateway and Shaw. Don't think I want to switch just yet.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Was thinking between going to 100mbps or getting unlimited for an extra $15, decided to get the unlimited instead. Downloading at 6.3MB/s is more than fast enough for me, and the upload is more than enough.

I had 3 remote HD streams going and found out that they only use about 350KB/s upstream data, so by my estimation I can run about 6 external streams with my upload speed before there is any contention:

My first month of unlimited

I wonder how many of you have a torrent client running in the background.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast