Quantcast
Racist drunk/cabbie abuse - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Racist drunk/cabbie abuse

Thumbs down Racist drunk/cabbie abuse

CALGARY – Global News has obtained disturbing and graphic video of a passenger launching a vicious verbal and racist attack on a Calgary cab driver.

Almost two years later, the attack has left cabbie Sardar Qayyum, a 35-year-old father of four, permanently scarred.

It began in the early morning of November 17, 2013, when Qayyum picked up three people from a party in downtown Calgary. After dropping off two of the customers, the remaining passenger wanted to stop at a McDonald’s restaurant on the way to his home in Airdrie.

However his taxi chit was going to expire in 13 minutes and even though Qayyum had agreed to stop, the man became enraged and the verbal assault began.

On video from a CCTV mounted on the cab’s dashboard, the passenger says “You tried to f—k me, you tried to f—me.”

“You son-of-a-bitch, you f—ing c—sucker, go back to where are from; take your wife and four kids. I feel sorry for your kids, You’re going to train them not to live in Canada, how we live in Canada.”

The passenger goes on to yell “what are you f—ing going to, strap a bomb to your body, huh?”

Qayyum endured the attack silently, only speaking to ask the passenger for directions.

“I was totally helpless,” he told Global News. “I was thinking if I couldn’t say anything to him, he might stop, but that unfortunately didn’t happen. He kept yelling at me using those f-words: ‘explode,’ ‘terrorist,’ he was using all those racist words.”

The words would cut deep for anyone and for Qayyum, a proud Canadian citizen, they were devastating.

“This is basically the country of immigrants; we all came from somewhere and we are Canadian now.This nation we built as immigrants and how people can use those racist words, how is it possible?”
    As the barrage continued, the passenger is seen yelling: “How do you sleep at night? Just think about bombs and s—t, blowing s—t up, you f—king asshole, I could punch your head off.”

The passenger then rips the surveillance camera out of the cab.

“He punched the camera in my chest and I just opened the car and left,” said Qayyum. “He physically broke that car."

The man paid to fix the damage to the cab but he was never charged.

“It really was disturbing,” said Qayyum. “I couldn’t eat for seven days.”

“Daytime is OK, but nighttime? People really don’t care about the cab drivers; they think we are the worst people of society.”
    This isn’t the only incidence of abuse seen in Calgary cabs. In part two of this series tomorrow, Global News will tell you how human rights advocates and the RCMP are reacting.
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2121688/sh...ught-on-video/

Wonder why this is coming out two years later. In car video in the link.

My Ride
    Ford F150

How was he not charged? Crazy.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

See now THAT guy should be exposed by name so people know what kind of piece of shit he is.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Beyond CSI needs to figure out who this guy is. He needs to be publicly outted.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    Silverado

what a piece of shit

My Ride
    Silverado

Wow, what a fucking racist piece of shit. It disgusts me that we have people living all around us that think and act the way this guy did.

By the look of his clothes and living in Airdrie I would assume he is a career under achiever with some serious issues regarding his success and place in life.

Originally posted by Type_S1
    By the look of his clothes and living in Airdrie I would assume he is a career under achiever with some serious issues regarding his success and place in life.
    Pleas explain how living in Airdrie makes someone an underachiever in life. As a resident of Airdrie I am interested in hearing your theory.

Originally posted by vengie

Pleas explain how living in Airdrie makes someone an underachiever in life. As a resident of Airdrie I am interested in hearing your theory.
    Don't fall for the bait man... lol! For the record, I love living in Airdre too!

That passenger is a complete POS... I am sad nothing came of it!
    Last edited by tirebob; 07-21-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Mental anguish? Still, it pales in comparison to a chainsaw.

0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
    How was he not charged? Crazy.
    That was the first thing I thought of after reading the article. The second was, the cab driver is probably far more educated than that POS passenger.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 12:59 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think it can be pretty difficult to get charges against the passenger to stick esp when he was drunk, I am sure there was a good reason for not charging him.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    It said he paid for the damage to the cab... if I had to guess, he was totally blitzed and probably felt like a huge asshole the next day and the cops cut him a break on charges.

Originally posted by killramos
    I think it can be pretty difficult to get charges against the passenger to stick esp when he was drunk, I am sure there was a good reason for not charging him.
    Uh huh.

So as long as I'm drunk, I can get away with verbal assault, destruction of private property, and most ironically, drunk and disorderly in public.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 12:59 PM.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

People say some pretty stupid things when they are plastered, you can hardly hold them accountable for that.
    Your kidding me right? Drinking is a calculated risk that you take. You are accountable for your actions when you are drinking.

Originally posted by Seth1968

So as long as I'm drunk, I can get away with verbal assault, destruction of private property, and most ironically, drunk and disorderly in public.
    Awesome, see you guys at the Pub!
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

People say some pretty stupid things when they are plastered, you can hardly hold them accountable for that.
    I don't think he should have gotten a criminal record, as it was a stupid drunken thing to do, and a criminal record can ruin someone's life.

I think he should pay for the repairs, pay some financial retribution to the cabbie, and made to perform community service.

Originally posted by killramos
    Intoxication or impairment isn't a defence in Canada so there is no issue with that. In fact, if your inability to tolerate your drugs or alcohol contributed to your criminality, it can be an aggravating factor. I believe the only reason this guy wasn't charged is because this hasn't been reported to the police until now. At least that's how I'm reading this.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Seth1968

I don't think he should have gotten a criminal record, as it was a stupid drunken thing to do, and a criminal record can ruin someone's life.

Well if he was charged with criminal assault, criminal harassment, etc. as you said he should have been a criminal record is exactly what he would have ended up with.

Which way do you want it?

He did pay for the damage and financial reparations is bullshit american style justice.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast