Quantcast
Recommend me a Ford service advisor - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Recommend me a Ford service advisor

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Default Recommend me a Ford service advisor

I'm getting pretty sick of feeling like I am a huge inconvenience to the service team at the current Ford dealership I go to, and coming in second to what ever drama is going on amongst the workers there. I'm looking to switch up dealerships for my services and warranty work to someone who actually seems like they want my business and doesn't try to swindle me every chance they get.

Recommend me a good service adviser or a dealership with a generally good service team!
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

tell me about it...

is it just me, but are domestic dealerships all a buncha crooks?

From the car salesmen, who are greasy as fcuk, wearing their cheap 3 button moores monkey suits, to the "sales manager" who greets you and tells you the "same" story about how this ideal vehicle has alot of intrests and you should put down a non-refundable deposit right away!

how most of these dealerships haven't been updated in years, are a buncha hotel cubes

and then service... OMG service... where all warranty work is denied unless unequivocal proof is presented, which could even be at "your cost" in the case a tear down is required for a powertrain warranty to be issued.

I like the Ford and some GM products... I think they are well built. But the quality of their marketing collateral (i.e. commercials, TV ads, torture tests, brocures) to their franchises is like expecting to stay at the Paliser, and ending up at the drop in center.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by r3ccOs
    and then service... OMG service... where all warranty work is denied unless unequivocal proof is presented, which could even be at "your cost " in the case a tear down is required for a powertrain warranty to be issued.
    Tell me about it. I'm pretty sick of them trying to charge me for "diagnosis" on a warranty issue.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    I'm generally cute.

schurchill39 where are you heading currently?

Cam Clark in Airdrie, service adviser was good, but the tech didn't get the job done due to "technical errors", so I'm partial there. They did however get me in and out ASAP on a Monday morning while waiting, didn't even find a comfy seat in the showroom yet.

Mark @ Aspen Ford in Stettler is where the Superduty guys have been heading, service and warranty is A++ everyone is unanimously reporting, even with some extra cough cough "breathing" parts bolted on, warranty is good to go. Little bit of a drive but worth it they say.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

If I had to pick a Ford shop I would think Universal as I have a contact on the sales side.

Which shop are you currently using?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I'm currently using Metro but I am not opposed to going anywhere really. I got a good vibe from the sales side of Cam Clark when I was looking for my truck, maybe next time I'll give them a try. Does anyone have a name for a service adviser?

I'd rather spend my money somewhere that people act professionally and appreciate my business.
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Canyonero

I had a very negative experience with Universal Ford's service department. Booked a straightforward service well in advance, and after a full day they hadn't even looked at the car. They were very unapologetic about it and I've never bothered going back.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Just had my mustang serviced at Universal, first time servicing it in Canada in years.

Cheap oil change done while the wife waited and they found a few recalls that needed to be done so its booked in again next week.

None of the other dealers i have had it at between US and Canada found those recalls on an 07 car so that's good.

They did a good job washing it to ( could care less about the paint on my ford lol )

So that was pretty good. Used them because they are s short drive from my place. I have heard good things about Maclin though mostly on the sales side.

Also last time i was there there was a Ford GT in the service bay so someone must trust them
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

I had a windshield replaced at Universal, where they gouged the paint to the metal on the cowl of the truck and then refused to fix it (among other things). Totally turned me off of that dealership.

After a hail claim, I had to take it to their bodyshop... the bodyshop manager approved the fix and forced the service department to eat the cost. I don't recommend the service department at Universal to anyone.