Quantcast
P.Eng Application Question - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: P.Eng Application Question

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

If the APEGA wireless thing is any indication of how they run, that would be one example.

My Ride
    TL

still in experience review. been there for a few months now. so many people have applied after me and have gone into board of examiners.

there is no way to expedite this!!

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by dandia89 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    still in experience review. been there for a few months now. so many people have applied after me and have gone into board of examiners.

there is no way to expedite this!!
    Nope, no expediting. The experience review is not conducted by APEGA directly - they farm it out to working engineers (presumably paid a bit for reviewing) who review at whatever pace they choose with seemingly no oversight from APEGA with regards to schedule. I was told that my ER would be completed whenever the guy got around to finishing it, and there was no set way to speed up the process - but APEGA was happy to send him a reminder email! Hence why my application took 15 months.

My Ride
    TL

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Nope, no expediting. The experience review is not conducted by APEGA directly - they farm it out to working engineers (presumably paid a bit for reviewing) who review at whatever pace they choose with seemingly no oversight from APEGA with regards to schedule. I was told that my ER would be completed whenever the guy got around to finishing it, and there was no set way to speed up the process - but APEGA was happy to send him a reminder email! Hence why my application took 15 months.
    damn that's brutal. Seems like such a long time

My Ride
    TL

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Hmm so I went into Board of examiners in August 2018, and I found out today it's going back to experience review. Anyone have insight to that? Sounds like a negative thing to me and delays the entire process.

Has anyone here ever had some major issues with a coordinator or the process and had to escalate the issue to a supervisor/complaint department (if APEGA even has one?) to try and address your application.

Mine has been stuck for just over 5 months now with an IT glitch. My coordinator keeps giving me the same bullshit response once a month about the ticket is with IT. For reference I am on the new CBAT system. I certainly had expected to get my P.Eng in 2018 which at this point given the dragging of the glitch issue I have no clue when it will even get to the Board...

My Ride
    TL

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    Has anyone here ever had some major issues with a coordinator or the process and had to escalate the issue to a supervisor/complaint department (if APEGA even has one?) to try and address your application.

Mine has been stuck for just over 5 months now with an IT glitch. My coordinator keeps giving me the same bullshit response once a month about the ticket is with IT. For reference I am on the new CBAT system. I certainly had expected to get my P.Eng in 2018 which at this point given the dragging of the glitch issue I have no clue when it will even get to the Board...
    Try admissions at apega email. I got real responses from them when I asked about my application. It takes a long time. it's sad i have 6 years of work experience and i don't think i'll get my p.eng anytime soon because of their process.
    Last edited by dandia89; 01-15-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10