Quantcast
Shell VPower - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shell VPower

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, there is a co-op refinery, but not every drop of fuel sold by the co-op branded stations comes from that station. That's what I'm say, although perhaps poorly.

Besides, Calgary co-op is only loosely affiliated with Federated Co-operatives Limited, who I believe are the ones who own that refinery.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    I have a family member who buy bulk fuel by the tanker load for a large fleet operation. He has the sales department of all the refineries between Vancouver and Sault Ste Marie on speed dial, and every time he needs fuel, he calls each and every one. Usually it's cheapest due to shipping to get his fuel from the ones nearby, but sometimes, he has trucks rolling across the country to bring his fuel. Once or twice it's been worthwhile to bring it up from the USofA.

I would suspect all the "off brand" places like co-op, Centex etc operate much the same. The may get most of their fuel from one refinery, but occasionally, they'll get it elsewhere because it'll be cheapest. I'm sure as soon as the shell refinery is doing maintenance, they raise the price to all thier "off brand" customers, and then co-op will get it elsewhere.
    I spoke to a tanker driver at Centex once and he told me that he delivers different types of fuel to Centex on a regular basis so that would confirm your theory

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Yeah, there is a co-op refinery, but not every drop of fuel sold by the co-op branded stations comes from that station. That's what I'm say, although perhaps poorly.

Besides, Calgary co-op is only loosely affiliated with Federated Co-operatives Limited, who I believe are the ones who own that refinery.

Yup

The Co-op Refinery Complex (CRC), the world's first co-operatively-owned refinery, was incorporated on April 1, 1934, with the mission of supplying local co-operative associations with quality petroleum products. On May 27, 1935, production of 500 barrels of crude oil per day began.

Since those early days, the Co-op Refinery Complex has experienced immense growth in its facilities, as well as in the distribution and sales of its petroleum products through the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS). The Co-op Refinery Complex celebrated its 80th year of operation in 2015. Current crude processing rates are typically 100,000 barrels per day.

Located in Regina, Saskatchewan, the Co-op Refinery Complex is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and owns and operates the Co-op Refinery Complex facilities. The Co-op Refinery Complex is a totally integrated facility from an operational perspective.

The Co-op Refinery Complex has evolved into one of North America's higher value-added petroleum refining facilities through its commitment to excellence, innovation, and response to the impressive growth of the nearly 235 autonomous retails that make up the CRS.

State-of-the-art equipment and technology have been hallmarks at the Co-op Refinery Complex, but it has been our dedicated and talented employees who have guided the company's remarkable evolution and will continue to do so in the future.

The Co-op Refinery Complex's employees work co-operatively in a team-oriented culture in which effective communication and technical training are emphasized. It is this culture that has allowed the CRC's greatest resource to achieve value-added improvements to refining operations in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.

Over the last two decades, the CRC has responded to the growing petroleum product sales of the CRS by more than tripling the number of barrels of crude oil that are processed each calendar day. New facilities have been, and will continue to be, added to ensure that the Co-op Refinery Complex produces adequate volumes of high-quality products and continues to fulfill its mission of service to the Co-operative Retailing System.
    http://www.ccrl-fcl.ca/
    -U

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Interestingly, the co-op also owns some oil wells in the nearby area. I spoke to one of the companies that does joint ventures with them, and apparently they are a nightmare to deal with because of their inexperience in the industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Yeah Co-op has been drilling wells in SW and SE Saskatchewan for a while now. I've never been on one of their jobs but I assumed they'd have an engineering outfit working for them.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

For those in the NE, she'll on 16th ave off deerfoot has 91

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Still no vpower at royal oak. Just regular
    Submaker.Illest.

vpower was out on weekend on 17th ave and blackfoot at 42.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Filled up at the Shell in Kensington yesterday and they had vpower.

Been calling around before I visit stations.

Just got off the phone with station at 32nd ave and 68st ne. They have some again!!

Seems like they are starting fill these empty tanks?
    Curse you imageshack..

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by YCB
    Been calling around before I visit stations.

Just got off the phone with station at 32nd ave and 68st ne. They have some again!!

Seems like they are starting fill these empty tanks?
    Buyer beware, it's not likely Shell V-Power:
    Gasoline has been obtained from other regions and markets and other refineries in the Edmonton area, Yost said.
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Edmon...585/story.html

Weird how Calgary isn't mentioned at all, and no local media hasn't picked up on it either. Obviously we're as affected as Edmonton is.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 08-10-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Im going to costco for now. Their 91 is top tier rated until shell gets it shit together

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    Im going to costco for now. Their 91 is top tier rated until shell gets it shit together
    It is?

I don't think its worth going anywhere else cost wise. I don't collect points other than Esso and their points program sucks compared to Air Miles (Shell) or Petro Points.

But I do collect on my credit card, and Costco only takes Mastercard, or stupid AMEX. y u no Visa!? I want my Scene pts.

My Ride
    Eagle Talon

Possible thread derail:

Doesn't a Tesla sound really good right about now?
    Fingers crossed the model 3 comes in at $30,000.
    No more arguing about what oil to use, or what gas to burn.
    Just plug er into the wall.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Why wait? You can get a Nissan Leaf today for $30k.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rage2
    Why wait? You can get a Nissan Leaf today for $30k.
    No, what they meant is they want Model S performance for $30K when they say they are waiting for Model 3.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I've completely stopped going to Shell after this V power shit. Every fucking time I pulled into Mckenzie Lake Shell, it was out. I did it 4 times in a row. So after going there for OVER 15 years!!!! I'm done with it, never going back again. I didnt even get one of those letters either, which is BS

I tank at costco now.
    and i have confirmed it, it is SHELL gas exclusively being used there.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Nice, although Shell still have the highest premium on premium gas.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Originally posted by InRich
    I've completely stopped going to Shell after this V power shit. Every fucking time I pulled into Mckenzie Lake Shell, it was out. I did it 4 times in a row. So after going there for OVER 15 years!!!! I'm done with it, never going back again. I didnt even get one of those letters either, which is BS

I tank at costco now.
    and i have confirmed it, it is SHELL gas exclusively being used there.
    Can't beat their price and if one go early morning then no line ups. As for the confirmation can you provide some info?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast