Quantcast
More Drone Hate - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: More Drone Hate

Default More Drone Hate

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 01:14 PM.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Sucks because I just got one, I did my homework and all laws state to stay away from visible manned aircraft, fires and air ports. I really don't want to be restricted to an RC air field because of a few retards.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

"What are you in for?"

"I was flying my DJI Inspire 1 Quadcopter with an Integrated 4K Camera, 3-Axis Gimbal, Carbon Fiber Arms, and the live feed streaming to my iphone... above a wildlife."

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Transport Canada is changing the regs regarding them in 2016.

News release here:
    http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=981029

Notice of Proposed Amendment here: (choose the PDF file.)
    http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/...ype=1&lang=eng
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    4x4

They were just talking about an incident in the okanagan like this, just this weekend on qr77

http://globalnews.ca/news/2143657/dr...ay-fire-fight/

Common sense - this growing UAV situation will be another example of where more legislation than not may possibly be the only way some people will get it.

I've got enough wits about me to know that flying a UAV in certain areas and at certain times may not be the wisest thing to be doing but there's others who don't or maybe have a different sense of what's acceptable or not.
    Will fuck off, again.

It's like the retards with their drones won't be happy until they actually manage to hit a plane mid flight. Hope they find these clowns and throw the book at them.

My Ride
    Hatred

You get the same retards driving cars, riding bikes, etc.
    -U

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: More Drone Hate

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Maybe I am just insensitive... but spotting a drone or two seems like a pretty trivial stupid reason to halt helicopter support. To me this sounds more like posturing to make drones illegal.
    Totally, they let wildfire get even more out of hand for "posturing"

Lets see, $20million helicopter flying in an area with small, difficult to see, completely untrackable drones, which would cripple the helicipter if one hit either of the rotors, and 99.99% chance of killing the pilot.

Yeah, damn those posturing haters.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

its drone owners themselves who are doing all this stupid shit that is going to get them all the legal slap down in the future. Clearly they are not capable of using common sense operating their toys and as such they are going to have to be told how to use them by the law.

Personally Every time I have ever been in contact with someone using a drone the owner has been an asshat in some way.

Wait until they require full air travel regulation training to these idiots in order to use the drones. Oh yea and real professional pilot style penalties for violating the rules. Cause really they aren't much different than helicopters with the exception of more automation in the flight stabilization.

Oddly enough people in the model airplane and helicopter hobbies didn't seem to possess the same level of idiocy as the average drone owner. This is a recent phenomenon.

Overall I think this is a prime example of people crying nanny state in situations they completely brought on themselves. People have to push the boundaries farther and farther until they have to be legislated in place
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Default Re: Re: More Drone Hate

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 01:14 PM.

killramos made an interesting point when they posted "Oddly enough people in the model airplane and helicopter hobbies didn't seem to possess the same level of idiocy as the average drone owner. This is a recent phenomenon." above.

Maybe once the UAV craze dies down and it will, we'll be left with mostly sensible UAV operators. These UAV's are kind of the 'in' thing to have right now but I'd dare say that a fair number of them will be collecting dust in a year or two and become oddities that people will look over in a garage sale.

You don't see RC airplane and RC helicopter people out doing this shit or at least you don't hear of it and model rocketry people seem to have enough sense to do their thing mostly away from populated areas and I suspect UAV's will follow the same path when the fascination with them dies off.

Let's just hope that in the mean time that all hobbyists aren't severely impacted by the actions of a few.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Trucks

Default Re: Re: Re: More Drone Hate

A drone "in the area" doesn't exactly constitute a risk of an airborne collision.

They don't ground HAWC every time a drone is spotted somewhere in the city. If they did, it would sure be a good way to evade police.
    I would say flying a drone and a helicopter over the same fire puts both in a fairly tight area. The pilots were probably exercising their right to refuse work they deemed was unnecessarily unsafe, which I would also think about if these f@cking toys were buzzing around my work site. The firefights should be given radio equipment to track the UAV operators and drown them out of existence.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by speedog

Let's just hope that in the mean time that all hobbyists aren't severely impacted by the actions of a few.
    Let just hope in the mean time that the government doesn't do a classic knee jerk reaction and bring so many damn regulations into effect that a kid wouldn't be able to fly one until he completed some 4 year training program.
    -U

My Ride

A drone "in the area" doesn't exactly constitute a risk of an airborne collision.

They don't ground HAWC every time a drone is spotted somewhere in the city. If they did, it would sure be a good way to evade police.

"Oh crap we are being followed.... deploy the 30$ RC done!"

HAWC: "OH MY GOD.... A DRONE... HOLY CRAP, GROUND THE HELICOPTER NOW!!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! AHHHHH"

Honestly, it sounds like posturing to me. I can't see it being a risk to air crews at a fire unless the drone operator was intentionally trying to run into them.
    If you ever been in an active area where the planes and helicopters are dropping loads, you'll see they do it a lower altitude than HAWKS.

I'm just saying lol.

People will be idiots and use them for stupid things.

For example some loser is flying a drone late at night outside my condo building. Its pretty loud and annoying, cant sleep unless we shut the windows. It gets awfully close to the windows and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a recording device on board.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Can't emergency personnel use a 2.4Ghz/5Ghz jammer?

So drones that will go home, goes home and the one doesn't, will just die in the fire.

My limited experience with drones is that they are annoying AF (more specifically, the pilots). Just as one example, I was out in Jasper a while ago, stopped at the side of a lake with a bunch of other people to look at the scenery. Some idiot fires up this enormous loud drone, and hovers it above the water, making a bunch of noise and ruining everyone's pictures & view. There were tons of people and kids around too, so I doubt this thing flying around with unprotected rotor blades was a good idea either - if he lost control, it would have flew into a crowd of people.

You don't see people with RC helicopters & planes doing anything like this, they are always out in fields far away from where they can bother anyone.

Except there were actually a handful of them flying in the area so I can see it being an actual risk to the helicopter pilots.

I did read however that they passed some sort of bylaw/law that allows firefighters to destroy any drones that are hindering their firefighting efforts now. Most drones would die with a quick blast of high pressure water.
    ---

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 10:56 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast