Quantcast
Alone - Last man in woods win $500k - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Alone - Last man in woods win $500k

Default Alone - Last man in woods win $500k

Anyone watch the show on history channel called Alone? Its about 10 people from Canada and the united states that get dropped off on Vancouver island with 10 items to survive as long as they can. Last man standing wins $500,000.

Early on a bunch of them call it quits almost right away for different reasons. One guy setup his camp on a bear trail and another guy gets stalked by a cougar. The one American misses his gun on day one saying its the longest hes been away from it in many many years.

Pretty entertaining stuff...

Its down to 4 guys now. One of them is more resourceful then Macgyver. He made himself a canoe, a guitar, a crazy shelter... the guy can literally make anything from nothing.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Ive caught bits and pieces of it.

Do they know when others have quit? Or will the last guy still be out there MONTHS after the 2nd last guy quits, lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

That would have been pretty awesome to participate in!

what 10 things would I bring?

1) Hatchet
    2) Rope saw
    3) Large knife
    4) Flint and Steel
    5) Sleeping bag
    6) bug repellent
    7) steel pot
    8) long length of rope
    9) Metal water bottle
    10) Shovel
    Last edited by spikerS; 08-06-2015 at 10:35 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Can you pick your 10 items or whatever is in a backpack like in Battle Royale?

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

This sounds entertaining. No bad I don't watch TV much anymore.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by NoPulp
    This sounds entertaining. No bad I don't watch TV much anymore.
    I may have to put in on my "winter" PC tube watch list.

Also, what time of year was it set in?

No they don't know when others have quit. They're all waiting for a boat to show up and take them away for being the last one left.

You do get to pick what 10 items you want to bring. They seemed to have varied quite a bit between everyone. History has a list of items that everyone brought on their website. A couple of the last guys remaining had large fishing nets as one of their items.

I assume it's set late fall beginning of winter. It doesn't actually say but the latest episode had snow but because it's bc it would rain a day or two later.

It's pretty funny watching bears come right up to their tents while their awake or sleeping... Or watching a guy cry all night because he hears the wolves howling at night. Apparently you can hear them up to 10 miles away but not everyone knows that...

My Ride
    93 integra

checking it out now. seems like an interesting concept for sure. does any bear grylls their own urine?

My Ride
    Hatred

This shows pretty sweet. You can watch it right off the history channels website, which also gives you the information about what they could take and which individual items each person took out as well.
    -U

My Ride
    Exploded.

Oh fuck I have to see this.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I have been watching this since the start. I was jacked after the trailers started playing a few months before it aired. I definitely thought they would place then in a more habitable area with more supplies but I was shocked/impressed to see how tough it really is for them. The food is non existent and the complete seclusion is making the last 4 guys completely mental. Now that winter is setting in, its going to get really rough. Im impressed with a few of the guys ability to make shelters and tools. Buddy even made a guitar last night... I would have loved to have tried the show but it definitely looks tough as hell.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

If it was me, I would read tons of books by the natives in that area - who lived there the past 10,000 years just fine. They dealt with bears and cougars all the time no doubt.

Pfft lame CBS did this ages ago, I think it was called Survivor.

---

Any way to know for sure this isn't staged or the contestants aren't helped in any way? Shows like this go from being potentially awesome to garbage as soon as you find out they get help. Like Mantracker haha - no wonder he finds them all the time with a 3-man camera crew following him around. Or Bear Grylis hanging out in hotels or getting air-lifted out when things get really bad.

Maybe the History Channel is a bit better for that sort of thing though.

They all have their own portable cameras they set up so they don't even have camera crews following them. So when the one guy was getting stalked by a cougar all night he called on his satellite phone to get the hell out but it took them many hours to get to them. Meanwhile the cameras he setup shows the cougar right outside his tent for a long while...

Another guy got chased by a bear when he called the sat phone. Because it was at night when they got the call they had to walk many miles from the closest drop off point to find him to get him out.

So far it looks like there is zero assistance. But I'm only basing it off all the guys quitting and crying their eyes out from being so secluded. I'm curious how many days they will make it.... 60 days alone Eating next to no one, talking only to yourself and the animals.... I would be like Tom hanks on castaway. If I wasn't dead already...

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Originally posted by gwill
    60 days alone Eating next to no one,
    I was pretty "meh" on this idea until I read this! If this show is about eating your competitors, then I'm in.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by gwill
    They all have their own portable cameras they set up so they don't even have camera crews following them. So when the one guy was getting stalked by a cougar all night he called on his satellite phone to get the hell out but it took them many hours to get to them. Meanwhile the cameras he setup shows the cougar right outside his tent for a long while...

Another guy got chased by a bear when he called the sat phone. Because it was at night when they got the call they had to walk many miles from the closest drop off point to find him to get him out.

So far it looks like there is zero assistance. But I'm only basing it off all the guys quitting and crying their eyes out from being so secluded. I'm curious how many days they will make it.... 60 days alone Eating next to no one, talking only to yourself and the animals.... I would be like Tom hanks on castaway. If I wasn't dead already...
    My one question is how to they keep power to the cameras, or did they send them with a years supply of batteries to make sure they don't run out?

It for sure seems legit, hopefully it remains that way so when I get a chance to watch it all of the appeal is still there. It's a great concept, I am 1000 percent sure that I wouldn't be able to make it over a week.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

^^ Solar chargers maybe? But if not, good point. Whose to say the battery guy doesn't bring them food or supplies.

Sounds like it might be legit, time will tell I guess.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I probably could do it for a month, as mentally that is easier. But 60 days sounds brutal and whoever wins that $500k totally earns it. Although I'd probably get used to it by a month's time though if I haven't already cracked.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    ^^ Solar chargers maybe? But if not, good point. Whose to say the battery guy doesn't bring them food or supplies.

Sounds like it might be legit, time will tell I guess.
    I imagine for liability reasons, they have a medic/doctor check on them every few days. Some people would probably refuse to quit even if they were dying.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast