Quantcast
Alone - Last man in woods win $500k - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Alone - Last man in woods win $500k

It seems like season 2 is more in the spring as the weather seems much less rainy compared to season 1.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

They keep mentioning that winter is coming though.

I think it was set more in early october vs november.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I would like to see Larry and Justin tap out, dont think they cut it, Randy will probably tap too. So far I like Jose and then Mike because Jose seems to build a lot of cool stuff but they dont show as much video footage of him compared to the others.

My Ride
    Forester STI

Originally posted by g-m
    Yea this year seems to have some serious people. Hard to call at this point, 7 remaining haha. Fat lady on episode 2. I know she had excuses but everyone knew it was coming. Krispy Kreme doesn't have a franchise on van island.
    She annoyed me.. "I went full rage monster so I tapped". Shut up. Atleast be honest; bears came and sniffed around my tent and it scared me, I can respect that.

Also KK comment
    The Lazymans Signature (tm)

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

I feel asleep i know Jason tapped out who was the other? now there is 5
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

They didn't show the 2nd person. Pretty sure it's going to be randy though

Anyone still watching this? They have done some interesting things in later seasons, such as allow pairs (separated by 10 miles so they have to find each other), and they had seasons in Patagonia and Mongolia.

I still find a lot of the whining and excuses for tapping out to be annoying, but overall still an interesting show.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I watch it still.

Considering the amount of Wildlife that should be about its a wonder you dont see any of it on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I watch it still.

Considering the amount of Wildlife that should be about its a wonder you dont see any of it on camera.
    I've seen many episodes with wildlife, not sure I understand? In season 2 there was one girl who shared a camp with bears & cubs and filmed them daily. Sometimes it's scratching around outside their tent, so yeah they probably don't want to go outside to meet the bear haha. They are also provided with wildlife cameras which they show footage from to help with their trapping. Also if there is big wildlife, safety is probably their #1 priority rather than filming - they are all pretty poor cameramen haha. In the Patagonia season they had footage of foxes and boars as well. I'm only on season 4.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Anyone still watching this? They have done some interesting things in later seasons, such as allow pairs (separated by 10 miles so they have to find each other), and they had seasons in Patagonia and Mongolia.

I still find a lot of the whining and excuses for tapping out to be annoying, but overall still an interesting show.
    I watch it still as I find it interesting.

This season in particular I didn't feel a lot of people actually "redeemed" themselves. As you mentioned, I found a lot of the reasons to tap out somewhat annoying. But a lot of people there wanted to enjoy their time vs. struggle and starve.

Spoiler:
    Dave is a beast, I wish he caught a deer or something. He could have totally went longer but obviously he was concerned about his health from Patagonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I watch it still as I find it interesting.

This season in particular I didn't feel a lot of people actually "redeemed" themselves. As you mentioned, I found a lot of the reasons to tap out somewhat annoying. But a lot of people there wanted to enjoy their time vs. struggle and starve.

Spoiler:
    Dave is a beast, I wish he caught a deer or something. He could have totally went longer but obviously he was concerned about his health from Patagonia.
    Yeah I feel like when they are tired of being out there they just fall back on "I just wanted to prove to myself I could do it (you didn't if you quit...) and I miss my family". I think that is BS and I'd rather just have them say it's too difficult and they want to go home. If you've already been out there for 50+ days, and you aren't in medical distress, it seems kind of dumb not to power on another 20-30 days and get $500k for your family which they will appreciate WAY WAY more than you coming home a couple weeks early.

Spoiler:
    There was that lady in the second season who kept telling the camera she was 280lbs and tapped out almost right away because while fending off a bear she "saw a side of herself she didn't want to see again" or some complete BS like that. She also was an ex-cop who claimed to blame herself for some girls death because she didn't respond off-duty, she was so annoying and wanted to be some kind of martyr. What a waste of a spot on the show. At least just admit you want to go home because a bear comes sniffing around at night haha

Spoiler:
    And that guy in Patagonia got med-evac'd with 3 months worth of fish left at the 70ish day mark LOL. I get that he was in it for the long haul, but the chances of him needing to go anywhere near that long to win is almost zero. He also never seemed bored or homesick, I had him picked to win it until I saw that he wasn't eating his massive stockpile of food and allowed himself to waste away instead haha.

The other guy I thought would win the Patagonia season was the longer-hair guy who was trying to get money for his daughter. He was not emotional at all and had by choice spent months in the bush before. His mistake was getting wet.

And back to the seacond season, there was a guy who literally taught survival skills to the military, he had a RIDICULOUSLY good setup, running water, etc. and he left because "he had nothing left to learn" or some BS like that. If people don't care about the money, it's kind of pointless to have them on the show IMO.

Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-16-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7