Quantcast
Calgary kid fetanyl overdose thought he bought oxycontin - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary kid fetanyl overdose thought he bought oxycontin

Default Calgary kid fetanyl overdose thought he bought oxycontin

It's a pretty tragic scenario the news is painting for everyone. Calgary kid texts his weed dealer. Weed dealer says he's out of weed but has some OxyContin. Oxy ends up being fetanyl and the kid ends up with permenant brain damage and may not live a normal life again. Drug dealer then gets stabbed to death shortly afterwards.

Question here I don't understand... Is this what kids are jumping to these days? They said he kid only just started smoking weed. So he goes from not being able to find weed to trying heroine for the first time???

Everyone's tried something in their day but this seems like such an extreme jump that I'm not sure I'm buying what the news is selling. If it is true it's a sad world our kids are living in.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

IT'S A GATEWAY DRUG!!! BAN MARIJUA....oh... wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Sign of the times. Drugs aside, its more of a general case of not getting what you pay for.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-21375594

Seems like the Deet content of mosquito lotions is decreasing but getting more expensive. Hamburgers, more cellulose less meat, pretty much everything else more water less actual product or subpar product substitution.

34 years since a nickel was made with all nickel.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Fentanyl is bad news. Way too many people are dying from this shitty drug. 145 dears in ab so far this year alone.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2159388/it...o-far-in-2015/

On another note, isn't booze the gate way drug?
    Last edited by jdmXSI; 08-12-2015 at 11:15 AM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

All drugs are gateway drugs.

A person that is likely to do ANY drug, will be more likely to at least try other drugs.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by Toma

A person that is likely to do ANY drug, will be more likely to at least try other drugs.
    '

I feel like 'gateway drug' is analogous with 'risk taking personality'.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by zipdoa
    '

There you go.

I smoke pot all the time. I'd never touch Oxy/Coke/E/etc.

If you want to get real loose with terminology, sure, everything's a "gateway" drug. But what does that really mean, anyway?

Default Re: Calgary kid fetanyl overdose thought he bought oxycontin

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 01:28 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Default Re: Calgary kid fetanyl overdose thought he bought oxycontin

Originally posted by gwill
    It's a pretty tragic scenario the news is painting for everyone. Calgary kid texts his weed dealer. Weed dealer says he's out of weed but has some OxyContin. Oxy ends up being fetanyl and the kid ends up with permenant brain damage and may not live a normal life again. Drug dealer then gets stabbed to death shortly afterwards.

Question here I don't understand... Is this what kids are jumping to these days? They said he kid only just started smoking weed. So he goes from not being able to find weed to trying heroine for the first time???

Everyone's tried something in their day but this seems like such an extreme jump that I'm not sure I'm buying what the news is selling. If it is true it's a sad world our kids are living in.
    Unfortunately as part of our 'All drugs are evil and we won't teach you about any of them' mantra we have nowadays, some people just don't know the varying dangers of different drugs.

The kid made a stupid decision to buy what he thought was oxy, but maybe a bit better education about substance abuse and addictions and he might have not bought it realizing that oxy is way more addictive as well as very different effects than weed.

The dealer deserved to die for selling fetanyl as oxy. Simply put. Anyone selling that shit doesn't deserve another breath on this planet.

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Calgary kid fetanyl overdose thought he bought oxycontin

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

You should have heard Roger on 770 this morning when he was talking to Bruce Canyon. He was saying that weed dealers want to get their clients hooked on more expensive drugs, so they pretend to be out and pot heads will just do whatever is put in front of them. He went on to say it was like going to McDonalds and finding out they were out of quarter pounders, so just ordering the next thing on the menu.
    That's a little weird considering when he worked at x92.9, he was pretty pro-marijuana.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by zipdoa
    '

Something like that.

Though not risk taking.

Has nothing to do with risk aversion.
    LOL!

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I completely agree with this. Ted talks had a recent talk on addiction. And the guy was right, if you gave everyone in the crowd in the room heroin, (from my understanding), most wouldn't become "addicted" over the course of a months use. Oh sure, they'd suffer withdrawal, but they'd have no overriding desire to take the drug afterwards, if they even enjoyed the effects of said drug.

I also like people trying to distinguish a difference between oxy and fentanyl. Both are HIGHLY addictive, and both are bad for you. And dealers absolutely do try to get their customers onto other more expensive drugs, don't kid yourselves.

Oh yea, and methadone is a fucking joke. Again (my understanding) is its just as bad as the drugs people are using, just that its regulated There is no cure for addiction except will power.

Edit-
    I have very little sympathy for people who die of overdoses, just like I have very little pity for people who die of alcohol poisoning. This isn't the 60's anymore, even getting away from a morality/values argument standpoint, at least have a f*&king brain about it or darwin wins.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 08-12-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Default Re: Re: Re: Calgary kid fetanyl overdose thought he bought oxycontin

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 01:27 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    And dealers absolutely do try to get their customers onto other more expensive drugs, don't kid yourselves.
    In 20 years of smoking marjiuana, I've never once had a dealer offer me something harder or more expensive.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I completely agree with this. Ted talks had a recent talk on addiction. And the guy was right, if you gave everyone in the crowd in the room heroin, (from my understanding), most wouldn't become "addicted" over the course of a months use. Oh sure, they'd suffer withdrawal, but they'd have no overriding desire to take the drug afterwards, if they even enjoyed the effects of said drug.

I also like people trying to distinguish a difference between oxy and fentanyl. Both are HIGHLY addictive, and both are bad for you. And dealers absolutely do try to get their customers onto other more expensive drugs, don't kid yourselves.

Oh yea, and methadone is a fucking joke. Again (my understanding) is its just as bad as the drugs people are using, just that its regulated There is no cure for addiction except will power.
    In my ancient bar/club days, that was the givaway. Chicks that drank regular, smoked or did any sort of drugs. Looser "morals" go with that on average. lol.

My first 3 some started with 2 girls asking "wanna hang out, smoke some pot". lol.

I've never put a single illegal drug in my body. Though, I still pop the occasional caffeine, or fat burner, or 5 hour energy on those late nights at work.

The two biggest reason people give me for drugs is either 1) "to relax", or 2) to fill some void or emptiness/lack of meaning/find themselves/expand their mind.....

Two vastly different reasons, if they are being honest, and will accurately predict further experimentation.

Later in my University career, I did notice reason 3)"smart" drugs JUST started to creep in, or at least I just started to notice them (around 2000-ish). Whatever could keep them awake and alert was tried. I dont even know. But I would argue these people were the same ones more likely to do other drugs as well...

My pre test, all night study session regimen was simple. Coca Cola, Coffee Crisp, and the caffeine pills from London Drugs with the rooster on them lol!

My Ride
    2005 F350

Where were his parents? why weren't they keeping an eye on him? they should throw them in jail for gross negligence.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Calgary kid fetanyl overdose thought he bought oxycontin

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Roger Kingkade? I wouldn't have guessed that
    I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure a few of his solo-rants were about legalizing, or at least de-criminilizing it. Guess that's not the same as being "pro-" though.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by SOAB
    Where were his parents? why weren't they keeping an eye on him? they should throw them in jail for gross negligence.
    Depends on age. Parents lose influence as kids get older. like a transition. And with most parents working etc....

My Ride
    550i, X5

^^^

sarcasm
    /ˈsɑːkęzəm/
    noun
    mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult
    Originally posted by rage2
    Of course, a perfectly good explanation is boring, so the answer is, it's fucking voodoo.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Depends on age. Parents lose influence as kids get older. like a transition. And with most parents working etc....
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast