Quantcast
Calgary kid fetanyl overdose thought he bought oxycontin - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary kid fetanyl overdose thought he bought oxycontin

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:35 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Toma

lol. Yeah, I can guarantee you, I saw more shit working the clubs for 12 years, and supporting persons with disabilities for the last 15, than you have in your 20 years of pot smoking.
    Yeah, but in your jobs, you only saw the bad ones. Not the normal everyday joe types, of which there are many.

Watch Pineapple Express. Then you'll see the type I'm talking about

overall a bad situation. as far-fetched as it sounds that he got 'upsold' to oxy from weed, apparently they have the texts on his phone to prove it.

Pretty scummy dealer, which is proven by the fact taht he was killed a few days later. But contrary to some opinions in this thread, i can guarantee this type of dealer is the exception not the norm. Street level dealers are harmless and definitely do not want to harm their customers. Hell most people i knwo that dabble are actually friends with their dealers.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by killramos
    You made some good points so I will approach them each individually

I don't disagree with you that it can be used responsibly. I just don't think it generally is.

This is hard to really speak to given that everyone's experience with it is different. I didn't start smoking pot until my early 20's, never touched it before then. For me, pot was never a "party drug" or whatever. It was something that I used because it benefited me to do so. You may recall my posts from years ago about my back injury... guess when I started smoking?

In terms of whether or not it is generally used responsibly, I'd like to think that Colorado will have some great data on that soon. For now, because I can't objectively speak to it, I'm just going to end this one with a "my experiences and observations differ, but that doesn't make them correct."

I think it is worth noting that people who use drugs and don't use drugs have different inherent biases towards the topic. Neither of them imo more correct or incorrect than the other. You can similarly tell when someone who does use drugs approaches the topic.

Completely agreed here. I was very anti-weed until I tried it after injuring my back. Obviously my bias has shifted the other way.

Unfortunately i cannot say i have ever witnessed an experience where anyone i know who uses pot has influenced their lives for the better.

Well, you know of me through the forums, and I can say unequivocally that pot has 100% enhanced my life with no drawbacks that I can discern.

After my back injury, I was recommended pot after using harder painkillers (Percocet) because I was not liking how the Percocet was affecting me. Pot acted as an effective painkiller, with the effects lasting for hours. Where I'd have to take Perc's every 3-5 hours, I could smoke a bowl at 10 am and be good well into the evening. The high would last anywhere from 2.5 - 4 hours, and because of that I started smoking primarily before I went to bed.

I'd wake up relatively pain free, though by early afternoon the pain was back. Once I smoked it'd be gone within minutes (usually before I was done smoking) and allow me to actually lay down to sleep.

My back is 98% recovered at this point (I am lucky) and I still smoke it recreationally. I have been for years now. As well, the high has gone from 2.5 - 4 hours down to 1.5 - 3 hours. A notable difference that I quite appreciate, since it's no longer the "night ender" that it used to be.

I work hard, own a few properties, run my own businesses, and generally am ambitious and hard working. Pot has not changed this about me. If anything, it facilitates me "going hard" because when I smoke I am forced to slow down, so I pick and choose when that's going to be.

My wife also smokes regularly due to her IBS/Coilitis situation, and it helps her immensely.

In my case, I've yet to find a negative with it. I don't need to smoke it all the time, so I don't. I don't smoke it during business hours (as a rule), and I don't smoke it if I have to go drive somewhere anytime soon. It helped me with my shoulder pain post-surgery, and thanks to pot I was able to stop taking the Percocet they gave me after just a couple of days (despite my arm still being in a sling).

So, in this area, our experiences are very different.

In all the cases of people i know who use weed, it defines them.

This is very sad and I'm sorry to read it. Weed is not something worth being defined by. It is the surround sound to the TV, a welcome compliment but by no means required to enjoy it.

This is where my point regarding addictive personalities come into play. I smoked cigarettes for a few years and then just threw the pack out one day, not really smoking or having a desire to smoke cigarettes since. That said, I have many friends that struggle in their attempts to quit. Many who have tried and failed multiple times. For me, it was never even an issue or a second thought.

That's not to say that pot is harmless, because it would be irresponsible to make that claim. The fact is that pot, like any substance that can influence your mood and behaviour, should be consumed and used responsibly. Education is key to this. Knowing how it impacts you and how to control its effects; responsible dosage and consumption; different strains and their attributes, and so on. In a regulated environment, this would be much easier to accomplish.

But, we're getting to that...

So for me in the debate on legalization? I don't see anyone being better off for it. Hence i am against legalization as a go forward move. If it was already legal i don't think i would push for prohibition. But i certainly wouldn't encourage its use.

I can think of many people that would benefit from its legalization, if only to remove the stigma that they live with when they use it. There are many people that use Rx medications, like Oxy, that could be using pot instead. We could benefit from the improved regulatory structure, distribution, and control of it; we'd be able to do a better job restricting access to minors, and we could profit from it as well. An entire industry is waiting to be created, regulated, and taxed. All we need to do is facilitate it.

I just don't see alcohol being legal as a good enough reason for legalizing drugs.

I completely agree with you. That reason alone is not enough to legalize pot.

If we're going to legalize pot, we should do so because it is less harmful to use than other freely available substances. We should legalize it to better control its distribution. We should legalize it to profit from an industry waiting to blossom. We should legalize it because of its many medical and therapeutic benefits. We should legalize it because nearly all the research studies about it ratify its value both recreationally and medically. We should legalize it because those who use it are not scum, are not criminals, are not miscreants- they are people, like me, that value it over other substances.

Thanks for (hopefully) reading my novel.

My Ride
    Ford

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

In 20 years of smoking marjiuana, I've never once had a dealer offer me something harder or more expensive.
    same here. 20 years. never offered anything else.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Yeah, but in your jobs, you only saw the bad ones. Not the normal everyday joe types, of which there are many.

Watch Pineapple Express. Then you'll see the type I'm talking about
    Lol... that was probably the movie i was thinking of lol.

My Ride
    Whip.

What an interesting thread that shows peoples' biases.

"I know a guy who is a deadbeat stoner and he died at 18. My uncle has bad knees and turned into a piece of shit ever since he smoked marijuana cigarettes. Therefore, pot is bad."

"I worked in shitty clubs with shitty people who smoke hemp sticks. The hemp sticks made those people shitty. I volunteer for disabled people who got mangled because of the devilweed. The weed made them bad. That's what weed does."

"I systematically close my eyes and pretend successful beyonders like A790 and rage2 don't exist because they don't fit into my world view of the bong leaf ruining lives."

I don't doubt this 18 year old ADULT (yes, 18 constitutes adulthood, you useless fucking millennial 25 year olds who still live at home) got punked by some shady dealer into taking fentanyl when all he wanted was some weed. I think this is a pretty classic example of how legalization would increase the safety of marijuana. If he could have just gone to a dispensary and gotten some clean shit, he wouldn't be in the state he is now. It's really no different than people going blind from shitty moonshine during the era of alcohol prohibition.
    THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE:
    N/A, 8000RPM REDLINE, CLOSE RATIO MANUAL, RWD, LSD

AE86, S2000, E46M3

Scratch that...fat, boost, AWD, DSG

My Ride
    NC1

I have never seen weed rage. Legalize it.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Hatred

This is why I always bring back pure cocaine whenever I go to Columbia.
    -U

One thing I'm not reading in the fentanyl deaths is a total blame game of music festivals, raves or clubs. I think that's what the main issue is that they need to tackle. Back in the 90's or 2000's a person could die of an ecstasy over dose and the police would be all over the clubs, bars or festivals... But what's happening now?

There's no one thing to blame so you're not reading about it as much.
    Last edited by gwill; 08-12-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Originally posted by Unknown303
    This is why I always bring back pure cocaine whenever I go to Columbia.

I'm an occasional pot smoker, I really have no desire to do anything when I'm baked though lol.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by A790

Thanks for (hopefully) reading my novel.
    I definitely did and you make a ton of valid points. I am glad it works well for you and others. I don't wish chronic pain on anyone. Im not going to say your post changes my whole opinion on the issue, and i doubt that was your intention, but i do find it very encouraging.

I will note i have no problem with legally prescribed and obtained medical marijuana usage as intended by a physician, most of my negativity is toward the recreational use. I am all for the expanding of its medical uses into new fields assuming there is a valid medical case to justify a prescription like anything else. You and your wife experiences with it are excellent cases of the benefits.

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    What an interesting thread that shows peoples' biases.
    The only thing I am going to grace your pathetic post with is my complete agreement with this statement of yours.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I've yet to find a "pro" weed dealer, you know... like the trap house type that has all the drugs just sitting on standby, im my experience a pot dealer is just a dude that smokes a lot of pot, and happens to also sell some at a profit... but anywho, what do i know. We got all the know-it-alls in here so let them have at it. Oh and if pot is a gateway for anything its to a god damn couch, not a fucking night club. Also i have yet to meet a cokehead that actually likes pot... well besides to bring them back down so they can get some sleep.

Till i get some reception up at the lake again, im out! Peace beyond

Oh, and legal vs illegal pot sources... legal ftw, even if its more expensive nothing better than strain choice and knowing the strength

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Pot is a gateway drug? Check out Portugal's change in drug policy in 2001.

Fentynol is a whole other beast. I've talked to heroine addicts and even THEY know to stay away from it because it's so much stronger that even long--term users have been accustomed to.
    Last edited by msommers; 08-12-2015 at 08:34 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:35 PM.

My Ride
    Whip.

The only thing I am going to grace your pathetic post with is my complete agreement with this statement of yours.
    The most irritating posts are the ones that are both truthful and inflammatory. Sorry for the latter.

PS. I was hoping you would somehow manage to segue this conversation into one about your 235.
    THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE:
    N/A, 8000RPM REDLINE, CLOSE RATIO MANUAL, RWD, LSD

AE86, S2000, E46M3

Scratch that...fat, boost, AWD, DSG

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    If you guys don't think weed can ruin your life, well it can certainly ruin a vacation. I brought a nice baggie of OG Kush/Lamb's Breath with me for my 10 days in Kelowna and lost it on the second day! Vacation ruined! Well not really, but if anyone knows where I can obtain some in K-town without a Rx, please pm me lol.
    Omg both my wife and I laughed at your post!!! And feel your pain!!! Wife is just horrified. It was like when we had our accident. We had just bought a fresh ounce for the camping trip
    All burned up!!
    We know ppl in Vernon but no one in a Kelowna.

Sitting on my patio with my wife, laying back in our zero-gravity chairs, smoking a fresh batch of A1 product. Shaking my head and laughing at the whole discussion.
    Same arguments both pro and con for the past sixty years.
    If everyone in this thread just smoked a J, then we'd all just be smiling at each other.
    Since 1969 I've been partaking. Carry on!

I definitely did and you make a ton of valid points. I am glad it works well for you and others. I don't wish chronic pain on anyone. Im not going to say your post changes my whole opinion on the issue, and i doubt that was your intention, but i do find it very encouraging.

I will note i have no problem with legally prescribed and obtained medical marijuana usage as intended by a physician, most of my negativity is toward the recreational use. I am all for the expanding of its medical uses into new fields assuming there is a valid medical case to justify a prescription like anything else. You and your wife experiences with it are excellent cases of the benefits.

Why would you be against recreational use?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

PS. I was hoping you would somehow manage to segue this conversation into one about your 235.
    This one time, at band camp, a buddy tried to light a dube in the passenger seat of my 2014 Blue BMW ///M235i Coupe ( did you know it can go 0-60 in 4.5s!!!) and I flipped a shit on him for being so disrespectful. Ban pot!

That what you were looking for?

And for the other question about recreational use, all the same reasons I outlined in previous posts. , feel free to disagree with me. I won't hold it against you.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast