Quantcast
Seattle things to do recommendation.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seattle things to do recommendation..

Default Seattle things to do recommendation..

Hey guys, I will be in Seattle next week for a week and was wondering what should I go see and do? So far I was planning to hit up the Outlet mall, go see Bruce lee shrine and eat some crawfish lol.. What else do you recommend?

My Ride
    2010 S4

Get a city pass to save a ton on the major attractions

Highly recommend the EMP Museum the girlfriend and I spent most of a day there

Pike Place Chowder is 110% worth the wait.

Check out Pike Place market we stayed close so made nearly daily trips through it.

Check out a the dive bars

the Pinball museum was really good think it was $13 all you can play with tons of machines

We didn't even grab a coffee from the original Starbucks since we always seemed to have an amazing coffee from one of the many random coffee shops which are scattered everywhere

edit:

Flying or Driving?

My Ride
    2010 S4

Forgot the Russian bakery Piroshki Piroshki beside the original starbucks is also worth the wait

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 02:42 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by dubhead
    Get a city pass to save a ton on the major attractions

Highly recommend the EMP Museum the girlfriend and I spent most of a day there

Pike Place Chowder is 110% worth the wait.

Check out Pike Place market we stayed close so made nearly daily trips through it.

Check out a the dive bars

the Pinball museum was really good think it was $13 all you can play with tons of machines

We didn't even grab a coffee from the original Starbucks since we always seemed to have an amazing coffee from one of the many random coffee shops which are scattered everywhere

edit:

Flying or Driving?
    I will be driving.. Thanks for the recommendation.. Will definitely check out some of those places

My Ride
    2010 S4

Originally posted by BensonTT

I will be driving.. Thanks for the recommendation.. Will definitely check out some of those places
    Via Vancouver?

If so Chuckanut Drive is an awesome detour off the freeway thats twisty and runs right up the coast

The Boeing tour in Everett was pretty cool also

If you're geeky like me, there's also the Sci Fi Museum, the Space Needle, and Microsoft's headquarters are nearby... and then there's Dick's. Apparently it's the place to stop when Taco Bell is closed.

EDIT: There's also Bruce and Brandon Lee's graves as well as Jimi Hendrix's. And there's also a memorial to Nirvana/Kurt Cobain.
    Last edited by jhmed; 08-16-2015 at 05:30 PM.

iFly indoor skydiving, dirt fish rally school
    heloc that shit

The Seattle underground tour was really cool to check out:

http://www.undergroundtour.com/

There's also a ghost tour underground now too, but we didn't get a chance to check it out.

If you're driving, you might want to try this drive instead and stop in Spokane for a night, then checkout their Japanese garden and the Spokane falls too.

We took QE2 south to Nanton. Then from Nanton we took Alberta 533 to highway 22 south and followed that all the way to the Crowsnest Hwy (#3). We followed Crowsnest West bound to Cranbrook and then got onto highway 95 tp the Kingsgate/EastPort boarder crossing.

From there we follows Interstate 95 into to Coeur d'Alene and connected onto Interstate 90 in Spokane.

From Spokane you can just follow Interstate 90 directly to Seattle.

Lots to see if you take that route. Spokane to Seattle on Interstate 90 was pretty cool, lots to see and excellent highway conditions, but hot as fuck. Last summer when I was driving that way to Seattle, it was 40 degrees celcius outside.

Anyway, here's some stuff to see:

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/thing...tle-56825.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Forgot the Russian bakery Piroshki Piroshki beside the original starbucks is also worth the wait
    That place has delcious pastries

My Ride
    Exploded.

Have some barbecue at Bourbon & Bones.

My Ride
    2010 S4

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    The Seattle underground tour was really cool to check out:

http://www.undergroundtour.com/

There's also a ghost tour underground now too, but we didn't get a chance to check it out.

If you're driving, you might want to try this drive instead and stop in Spokane for a night, then checkout their Japanese garden and the Spokane falls too.

We took QE2 south to Nanton. Then from Nanton we took Alberta 533 to highway 22 south and followed that all the way to the Crowsnest Hwy (#3). We followed Crowsnest West bound to Cranbrook and then got onto highway 95 tp the Kingsgate/EastPort boarder crossing.

From there we follows Interstate 95 into to Coeur d'Alene and connected onto Interstate 90 in Spokane.

From Spokane you can just follow Interstate 90 directly to Seattle.

Lots to see if you take that route. Spokane to Seattle on Interstate 90 was pretty cool, lots to see and excellent highway conditions, but hot as fuck. Last summer when I was driving that way to Seattle, it was 40 degrees celcius outside.

Anyway, here's some stuff to see:

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/thing...tle-56825.html
    The underground tour was really cool.

We came back sort of this way definitely worth a stop at Snoqualmie falls if going this route

We came back
    Seattle---->Leavenworth(imagine Banff but Bavarian themed) taking I 90 (stayed for a night)
    Leavenworth--->Spokane via the number 2 which had some amazing glacier cut canyons and made for some awesome twisty driving between Orondo and Coulee city and roads seemed in way better condition then the I90. The I90 seems like it hasn't been resurfaced in ever

Have breakfast at the Crumpet Shop.

Pine Box has some great beers.

Oysters at Elliott's.

Avoid Crab Pot - I didn't care for it.

You can easily spend an afternoon around Pike Place, so many little boutique shops.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Mariners game at safeco field! The most expensive single use diamond in the league. Go in through the pen to see the pitchers warming up.

Also all of the above is awesome. You can do the short ferry cruise as part of the entertainment pack. Sweet to see the crane offloading containers from the east side of the world. Might catch a jdm car or two in the loading area if you're quick with the eyes

Don't bother with original Starbucks. Hit up Seattle coffee house (or something like that) just across the street. Best americano ever.

Gum wall.

If you're super nerdy take a trip and visit the wizards of the coast headquarters just outside Seattle.

Lots to see and do. Sweet city I'd live there.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Fun fact about Pike Place that I wish someone had told me ahead of time is that the place is basically dead after 6PM. A few restaurants stay open, but for the most part it's a ghost town, the shops are closed. I just had the impression in my head that a touristy place like that would stay open well after 6PM, but nope. Just something to be aware of, so you don't go there hoping to see stuff in the evening.

If you're looking at statues and such, Fremont Troll and their statue of the great Lenin may be worth a visit. Boeing Future of Flight as someone mentioned is pretty cool if you like planes. Other big name companies in the area include Microsoft, Fluke, Amazon, Starbuck's, Nintendo of America, but I doubt they have much for tourists, maybe just snap a photo outside.

Speaking of outlets, Oberto Factory Outlet Store might be worth a visit.

I've not been personally, but I'll probably try to find time for the Mount Rainier area some day.

EDIT: Something else I'd like to see someday is the Hanford Manhattan Project B Reactor.
    Last edited by ga16i; 08-17-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

Thanks guys.. My week is almost filled up with your great recommendations

My Ride
    F30

Showgirls
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

If you're into Bruce Lee, you can visit his grave. My buddy went while I went to the Space Needle instead as I thought it was bizarre despite being a fan.

The underground tour was really cool.

We came back sort of this way definitely worth a stop at Snoqualmie falls if going this route

We came back
    Seattle---->Leavenworth(imagine Banff but Bavarian themed) taking I 90 (stayed for a night)
    Leavenworth--->Spokane via the number 2 which had some amazing glacier cut canyons and made for some awesome twisty driving between Orondo and Coulee city and roads seemed in way better condition then the I90. The I90 seems like it hasn't been resurfaced in ever
    Thanks for the tips

Try that out my next trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Originally posted by phreezee
    If you're into Bruce Lee, you can visit his grave. My buddy went while I went to the Space Needle instead as I thought it was bizarre despite being a fan.
    lol why? you superstitious or something? My wife doesn't want to go either cause she think something might follow us home since its in a cemetery ...lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast