The Bicycling Thread - Page 70 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 60 69 70 71 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1862

Thread: The Bicycling Thread

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted131 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw the guy on the e-unicycle today. Didn't get that good of a look. I should have rode with him for a bit.
    Saw him rolling the other day over the snow, was taking the icy sections faster than I was. Brave with 1 wheel under you....?

FYI. North side MUP from Edworthy to Downtown is open again. Just be careful on some sections as there are ice craters underneath the packed snow.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Nice to know. I rode south side on the fat bike and looked over to see if any riders were on the north and didn’t see any so thought it was still closed. I’ll ride it on the way home to see how it is.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by 997TT View Post
    Nice to know. I rode south side on the fat bike and looked over to see if any riders were on the north and didn’t see any so thought it was still closed. I’ll ride it on the way home to see how it is.
    What did you end up getting for a fat bike?
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_D View Post
    FYI. North side MUP from Edworthy to Downtown is open again. Just be careful on some sections as there are ice craters underneath the packed snow.
    Yes - nice to have the North Side open this morning. But yes, a could sketchy sections almost bailed on the fat bike even.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    What did you end up getting for a fat bike?
    2018 Cannondale fat caad 2 at bow cycles customer appreciation so 30%
    Love the ability to ride it over powder but on tarmac the rolling resistance is brutal

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Not winter related (be freaking far for a fat bike), but any of you guys park here and bike in? Contemplating options now that moving to airdrie. Plan is probably to drive to there and bike to and from work, and then contemplating a 1 day a week mission from Airdrie and back
    https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.14038.../data=!3m1!1e3

not sure how safe it would be there for the day for my truck to sit there.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Not winter related (be freaking far for a fat bike), but any of you guys park here and bike in? Contemplating options now that moving to airdrie. Plan is probably to drive to there and bike to and from work, and then contemplating a 1 day a week mission from Airdrie and back
    https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.14038.../data=!3m1!1e3

not sure how safe it would be there for the day for my truck to sit there.
    I've left my truck over in that area before (closer to the driving range) without any issues.
    I've left my porsche in a more public lot and ran to work, and it was keyed down the side. lol.

My Ride
    cbr600, z71 sierra, 4x4 kodiak

Quote Originally Posted by CLiVE View Post
    Yes - nice to have the North Side open this morning. But yes, a could sketchy sections almost bailed on the fat bike even.
    Did this one twice in the last week. No problems with studded 2.3". Saw a girl going tree to tree along the edge of the ice to get around it. Sometimes I don't realize how slippery areas are when I'm running the studs.
    Hittin' every hole

1999 gmc sierra z71, 5.3L 4x4
    2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride
    07 997TT

Man I just went down to put my lights back on (hard to charge them) and rear wheel was flat. This is my 3rd flat in less than 2 weeks. Starting to get super Fkn annoying. Ride the north side river from edworthy to downtown and I figure it’s all the pot holes I hit.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

You got rim tape? I had the same issue until I replaced my rim tape as it had cracked on me

My Ride
    rally pig

Man I just went down to put my lights back on (hard to charge them) and rear wheel was flat. This is my 3rd flat in less than 2 weeks. Starting to get super Fkn annoying. Ride the north side river from edworthy to downtown and I figure it’s all the pot holes I hit.
    for the previous flats, did you just patch the tube?
    maybe time to replace it with a new tube now?

My Ride
    07 997TT

Ya each time new tube. I’ll check the rim tape over the break if I can get to/from the next 2 days.

My Ride
    rally pig

check the rims and maybe the inside of the tire too, lots of sand or dirt could have somehow managed to get in

My Ride
    07 997TT

K. I’ll pull both wheels off over the break and inspect the rim. Bike is pretty grimy from the winter riding.
    It’s needs a good cleaning.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Man I’m on the worse streak with flats. Got another one as I was descending edworthy. Just turned around and walked home. Haha

Figure so close to Xmas I would “work” from home. Just need to make it to/from work tmw and then off for 2 weeks

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Man I’m on the worse streak with flats. Got another one as I was descending edworthy. Just turned around and walked home. Haha

Figure so close to Xmas I would “work” from home. Just need to make it to/from work tmw and then off for 2 weeks

Ya, give it a good inspection. That doesn't seem right. Unless you're using MEC tubes and they've had a batch of bad ones again like a few years ago.
    Last time I was that unlucky with flats it turned out the sidewall of the tire had a slice in it hiding just below the rim. Was not visible at first glance.
    Good advice checking/replacing the rim tape also.

I throw my bikes in the truck and take them to the car wash with me in the winter. I use the light spot free rinse on them (no high pressure) then dry them when I get home.
    Last edited by CLiVE; 12-20-2018 at 01:44 PM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

First day riding to work since my accident today. Jesus fucking Christ, I've done hundreds to thousands of rides to and from work over the years without thought and after one accident, I'm all messed up. I'm nervous coming up on to icy patches and a guy honks his car from across the street and I get jumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    First day riding to work since my accident today. Jesus fucking Christ, I've done hundreds to thousands of rides to and from work over the years without thought and after one accident, I'm all messed up. I'm nervous coming up on to icy patches and a guy honks his car from across the street and I get jumpy.
    I'm in the same boat... Not sure I actually want to ride on the road/bikes lanes anymore after my accident. I'm jumpy enough riding to and from the river pathway. Yeah seeing how lucky I ended up getting and how severe my accident could have been I'd be lying if I was to say I'm not a little rattled by the whole thing. The whole almost dying/getting paralyzed because someone in a car wasn't paying attention has skewed my risk/reward thing when it comes to riding to work :|

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

It takes a while. Took me nearly a season not to flinch riding over nearly every big crack in the road after my crash during a race where my front wheel got stuck in a large rut which tossed me into a guard rail at 50+kph. The rest of the race season my bike split really suffered just because I didn't have the confidence. Take your time and slow the pace down.

Bike lanes are the most dangerous part of my commute. I take it slow downtown.

Best of luck to you both.

Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 60 69 70 71 80 ... LastLast