Quantcast
The Bicycling Thread - Page 73 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 63 72 73 74 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1862

Thread: The Bicycling Thread

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Anyone familiar with Peugeot vintage bikes? What's reasonable prices for them? Looking to get one just for work (with style haha). Sorry, not sure if this is the right thread to ask.. Thanks!
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

http://biketoworkdaycalgary.ca/the-event

Mission:
    Bike to Work Day's mission is to encourage people working in the downtown core and surrounding neighborhoods to try biking to work. This is in the hopes that they might enjoy the experience and continue to cycle to work all year long. Of course there are people in the outer reaches that also bike to work - once you get a taste of the freedom - you might too.

What:
    In addition to the Energy Pit Stop Stations throughout downtown, there will be a festival event at Eau Claire Market in the North Plaza. There will be a FREE pancake breakfast, music, demonstrations, and local bike shops will be there to tune-up your bike, answer questions, and give out free stuff. This event is a great way to highlight the benefits of cycling, while socializing and getting some fresh air. Of course cycling is a healthy, efficient, convenient, low-cost and socially responsible means of transportation, and we know that it contributes to a reduction in inner-city traffic congestion and air pollution, but it's also a lot of fun! (NEW stops to be announced.)

When:
    Bike to Work Day will be held on Friday, May 3rd, 2019 at 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

Where:
    There are 10 Energy Pit Stop Stations strategically-placed throughout downtown, and our home base and festival location will be at Eau Claire Market in the North Plaza.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Finally rode all the way to airdrie today. Seemed fine, except the harvest hill area around Stoney is a bit of a nightmare. No way to get onto northbound centre st without crossing the on-ramp lane to Stoney, which during rush hour everyone is going 100k, and then no shoulder. If I do it again I think I’d take the shitty path under Stoney over to the greenway, and then over. Or just suffer through gravel for a couple km

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally rode all the way to airdrie today. Seemed fine, except the harvest hill area around Stoney is a bit of a nightmare. No way to get onto northbound centre st without crossing the on-ramp lane to Stoney, which during rush hour everyone is going 100k, and then no shoulder. If I do it again I think I’d take the shitty path under Stoney over to the greenway, and then over. Or just suffer through gravel for a couple km
    Holy shit. How far was the ride?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

39.5, about an hour and a half so not bad for a commuter and backpack on

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Got an email from Ghost this morning that my bike's fork has been recalled, and i fully suspect that MEC doesnt have an equivalent replacement.. something tells me im getting a new bike? Waiting to see how MEC responds

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Got an email from Ghost this morning that my bike's fork has been recalled, and i fully suspect that MEC doesnt have an equivalent replacement.. something tells me im getting a new bike? Waiting to see how MEC responds
    Willing to bet MEC will offer a solution, or new bike. Pretty good at standing by warranties, and what they sell..

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    What kind of pedals?
    Let me check the tickle trunk and get back to you. I know there a bunch of mtb pedals, shimano 105s, maybe some ultegra carbons, Look, vectors, etc.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by CLiVE View Post
    Willing to bet MEC will offer a solution, or new bike. Pretty good at standing by warranties, and what they sell..
    Based on their response so far, they dunno what to do, but recommend 'not riding it'.. So i'll probably look at just taking it back, cause screw not riding a bike while you wait for them to figure it out. Only issue is that i dont have the original receipt so really dont want a $2100 gift card when they dont have bikes on sale!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Based on their response so far, they dunno what to do, but recommend 'not riding it'.. So i'll probably look at just taking it back, cause screw not riding a bike while you wait for them to figure it out. Only issue is that i dont have the original receipt so really dont want a $2100 gift card when they dont have bikes on sale!
    I don't think that's really an issue, cause I'm pretty sure they have a record of everything you bought.

That said, I'd be very surprised if you didn't get a new bike or your money back. An old coworker bought a folding bike from MEC and about once a year he'd have to take it back to get it repaired cause it would keep malfunctioning on him and collapse while he was riding it. After a few attempts at fixing it, they voluntarily decided to give him a full refund instead of spending any more time fixing it and this was even after a few years and many miles on it. MEC is awesome with their returns. I've returned things I bought from them 5 years ago but never used haha

Was this the bike you bought for the Century ride a couple seasons back?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

That’s the one!

edit, i was told if i dont have receipt, they'd only give me store credit as they cant tell if it's the same credit card.. we'll see
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 04-26-2019 at 01:40 PM.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I don't think that's really an issue, cause I'm pretty sure they have a record of everything you bought.

That said, I'd be very surprised if you didn't get a new bike or your money back. An old coworker bought a folding bike from MEC and about once a year he'd have to take it back to get it repaired cause it would keep malfunctioning on him and collapse while he was riding it. After a few attempts at fixing it, they voluntarily decided to give him a full refund instead of spending any more time fixing it and this was even after a few years and many miles on it. MEC is awesome with their returns. I've returned things I bought from them 5 years ago but never used haha

Was this the bike you bought for the Century ride a couple seasons back?

MEC is pretty much on a hurry-up and wait. So far they have told me to bring my bike in, but they'll just be holding it until they hear from Ghost. I think so far the oddest is they havent told anyone about the recall, you only get notified if you registered your bike through Ghost's site. MEC has had this info for over a week and still havent published anything about it, and aren't planning on it until they hear of the 'fix' from Ghost. Seems slightly negligent in my mind

I haven't brought it in at this point as a return as i dont have the receipt (so would get credit) and the equivalent bike at MEC is going to cost me an extra $1500 bucks.. rock meet hard place

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

MEC is pretty much on a hurry-up and wait. So far they have told me to bring my bike in, but they'll just be holding it until they hear from Ghost. I think so far the oddest is they havent told anyone about the recall, you only get notified if you registered your bike through Ghost's site. MEC has had this info for over a week and still havent published anything about it, and aren't planning on it until they hear of the 'fix' from Ghost. Seems slightly negligent in my mind

I haven't brought it in at this point as a return as i dont have the receipt (so would get credit) and the equivalent bike at MEC is going to cost me an extra $1500 bucks.. rock meet hard place
    Thanks for the update. I was just wondering what happened to this.

So will they give you credit for what it cost for the bike brand new? Or credit for what you paid after the marathon discount?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Thanks for the update. I was just wondering what happened to this.

So will they give you credit for what it cost for the bike brand new? Or credit for what you paid after the marathon discount?
    Haven’t asked that question but can’t see them crediting a penny more then I paid. I don’t disagree with this, just kinda sucks. I’m going on vacation for a week on Friday so will leave it till then. If nothing by the time I’m back I’ll have to figure out something, push for a refund not just credit even though it doesn’t follow their standard

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Just a reminder tomorrow is bike to work day

My Ride
    rally pig

Just a reminder tomorrow is bike to work day
    thanks for the reminder.. are you going?
    i might stop by tomorrow morning if i have time

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    thanks for the reminder.. are you going?
    i might stop by tomorrow morning if i have time
    Free pancakes and swag? Hell yeah

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Dear MEC member,

Our records show that you’ve purchased a Ghost Nivolet LC X 5 Bike. Ghost recently announced a recall for Nivolet LC X 5 Bikes produced for the 2017/2018 year. The recall concerns a possible deficiency in the manufacture of the front fork.

Ghost asks that you stop using your bike immediately, and only resume riding it when the fork has been replaced. We are working with Ghost to determine the timeline for replacement fork availability. Currently, Ghost anticipates they will have replacement forks available in early June of 2019.

Once we have confirmed the availability of forks and developed a procedure to replace the fork on your bicycle, we will contact you with further details.

More information is available in the Ghost recall anouncement.

If you have further questions, please get in touch with our Service Centre at [email protected] or 1.888.847.0770 (ask for Returns).

Kind regards,

Tim Mitchell
    Warranty & Returns Lead
    Finally from MEC.... so do i ride it, or not. Carbon fork gonna explode on me goin 80 km/hr? I've got a triathlon lined up in early june so obviously im going to need a bike....
    ugh

My Ride
    rally pig

Free pancakes and swag? Hell yeah
    I think I've earned it this year!

If you have access to another road bike fork either off another bike or borrowed, you could just use that temporarily. Just look up the geometries to see what kind of potential changes you're in for.

My Ride
    rally pig

that sucks man, is the Ghost your only race bike now?

I would call MEC and let them know that you need a bike for a race in June and see what options the offer you.
    Maybe they will accept the return or replace/upgrade you to a different one.

Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 63 72 73 74 83 ... LastLast