Quantcast
The Bicycling Thread - Page 59 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 59 of 94 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1862

Thread: The Bicycling Thread

My Ride
    rally pig

Once it's 8+ then padded underwear, compression leggings and shorts.
    poly/cotton shirt and wind breaker.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by CLiVE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For bike kit, I have no shame anymore. I'll wear it to the bar, grocery shopping, parent teacher interviews. Anything goes. Yes, I'm that guy. lol.
    Lol. I'm not ready to be that guy at work.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I'm lucky in that i dont have to go through the whole office with the kit on, but the comfort level on the ride is worth the sideway looks..

though my castellis i got last summer are starting to have a bit of a 'wear-tear' on a butt cheek... those might be saved for solo missions and under shorts

My Ride
    07 997TT

During the bike to work day I had my bike checked out and the tech recommended I change my cable gear and housing. So I’ve watched a few YouTube videos and bc my gears are internally routed the videos are suggested I use that inner sheathe so that I’m not trying to fish the cable through my frame. Where do I pick up something like that? Home Depot? I can almost guarantee I’ll mess his up somehow. Haha. I ordered the gear cable and cable cutters online so I’ll give it a go when the parts arrive.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Quote Originally Posted by 997TT View Post
    Where do I pick up something like that? Home Depot? I can almost guarantee I’ll mess his up somehow. Haha. I ordered the gear cable and cable cutters online so I’ll give it a go when the parts arrive.
    You may be able to find some tubing of some sort at home depot that will work. Needs to be fairly rigid. I would stop by a bike shop first - finding the right size to fit the frame holes can be tricky.
    Mine came with my frame when I bought it.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

I've heard about using magnets to guide the cable through the frame from the outside, but never tried it. You can pick up neodymium magnets from Michael's for under 10 bucks. Might be worth a shot?
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by 997TT View Post
    During the bike to work day I had my bike checked out and the tech recommended I change my cable gear and housing. So I’ve watched a few YouTube videos and bc my gears are internally routed the videos are suggested I use that inner sheathe so that I’m not trying to fish the cable through my frame. Where do I pick up something like that? Home Depot? I can almost guarantee I’ll mess his up somehow. Haha. I ordered the gear cable and cable cutters online so I’ll give it a go when the parts arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by XylathaneGTR View Post
    I've heard about using magnets to guide the cable through the frame from the outside, but never tried it. You can pick up neodymium magnets from Michael's for under 10 bucks. Might be worth a shot?
    I literally just changed all my cables and housing about a month ago as my wife ( ) has given me a 3T aero handlebar as a birthday gift for my bike. The handlebar has internal routing so I actually have no choice but to change the cables (they are due to be changed anyway) and decided to change the colour of the housing also. For internal cabling in the frame, just like what XylathaneGTR said, use a magnet - that's what I did. It's a bit trickier than using an inner sheathe but it works. It works perfect with carbon frames. I don't know what your frame is so I don't know how this process is with aluminum frames. If you are near MEC, you can just ask at their bike repair shop. They might just give it to you for free; they are quite nice over there.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    07 997TT

Thx. Frame is aluminum. I’ll be sure to take lots of pics and go slowly. Might even head t mec to see if they have that sheath

Out of curiosity has anyone tried using a reliable speedometer to track top speeds while cycling? I've just been using the one on my phone and it tells me was I going 80km/h down a big hill lol. My guess is actual max speed is around 50km/h which is still pretty fast.

My Ride
    Wankels!

Quote Originally Posted by jampack View Post
    I don't know what your frame is so I don't know how this process is with aluminum frames.
    I would imagine it should work just as well - Aluminum is (normally) non magnetic.

My Ride
    Wankels!

Your phone has GPS and should have decent accuracy assuming you're not riding under tree cover. Any old bike computer should be accurate if it allows you to put in your tire size.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Posted in strava thread but mighta been missed. We doing that group ride this weekend? I’d be down for a no-drop up hwy 66?

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by jampack View Post
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/calgar...cles-1.3889049

Anyone read this news today? I've actually always wondered about this for years but never heard any news until now. I have the T2 Pro and it is thicker and even when 2 bikes are mounted on it, the bikes will be obscuring the plate. What are your thoughts?
    has anyone noticed the increase of taxi with bike racks mounted on their trunk.
    i thought because of this news, less people would be driving so but it seems to be the opposite for them

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Name:  screw.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  52.3 KB real winner today..

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Oh man! Did you have your repair kit with you?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

spare tube luckily... and to think i took my studs off in march

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

I saw some dude biking on Memorial Drive going west over Crowchild and tailing a truck he must have been going 60km/h

My Ride
    07 997TT

Dum q for you guys but my rear wheel keeps seperating on rides once a week or every two max. This is just from the bumps along the paths. I have this skewer with a spring on each side with one side having a quick release. So no matter how tight I turn it inevitably it will dislodge during a ride at one point. So my q, is this something I just have to learn to check routinely or am I doing something wrong when screwing it in. I always have the quick release on the non drive chain side and it’s fully seated when I start tightening. Seems like over time the bumps loosen the quick release and it just falls out

It shouldn't loosen. Maybe you need a new QR as some of the teeth have grinded down.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Thanks. Add another item to next Cr order

Page 59 of 94 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast