Quantcast
The Bicycling Thread - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bicycling Thread

Originally posted by swak

Bike fit was the best investment i've ever made on my bike tbh!
    Carbon seatpost or bike fit..... don't make the obviously stupid decision .... but can't count how many people i've seen that have chosen the latter in this situation
    bike bling

My Ride
    '14 Taco

moved my saddle and knee is a bit better. Broke the 25 min mark to work today.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by Brent.ff
    moved my saddle and knee is a bit better. Broke the 25 min mark to work today.
    Sweet. Time to forget the bike fit, and get a carbon rack. lol Bike Bling!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...k-and-panniers
    Last edited by CLiVE; 04-27-2016 at 09:03 AM.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

24.5 into work today...not bad after summitting Athabasca on sat!

Well I had to move recently so my commute went from 3km each way to 25km each way. Moved to Panorama and what's sweet is that about 95% of the ride in is on the bike paths! Beautiful commute

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by Moonracer
    Well I had to move recently so my commute went from 3km each way to 25km each way. Moved to Panorama and what's sweet is that about 95% of the ride in is on the bike paths! Beautiful commute
    Perfect commute. I ride in from Sherwood. Perfect distance in the summer, winter - can always drive part way.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

that'll get you in shape quick!

i'm seeing a bit of a plateau going on with my speed. Trying to get into mountaineering shape, so working out, plus playing soccer 1-3 times a week, plus ultimate...not much muscles left for the bike ride

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Nose Creek should be fun to blast down in the morning when there is no one.

Originally posted by CLiVE

Perfect commute. I ride in from Sherwood. Perfect distance in the summer, winter - can always drive part way.
    Yup

that'll get you in shape quick!

i'm seeing a bit of a plateau going on with my speed. Trying to get into mountaineering shape, so working out, plus playing soccer 1-3 times a week, plus ultimate...not much muscles left for the bike ride
    Yeah 50k is pretty decent for a work day!

Ah nice keep up the good work

Originally posted by lilmira
    Nose Creek should be fun to blast down in the morning when there is no one.
    It was nice and there were more riders than I expected

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Some commuter cyclists are extremely in shape. I usually chase people down for fun. This one time I was riding my aero bike with carbon wheels and stuff when my other bike was in the shop for some work done. This guy passed me on his flat bar bike with backpack no less lol. Excuse #1, I slowed down because of congestion before he passed me. Excuse #2, I kept up with him after but he turned off early so I don't get my revenge. Needless to say, I had my tail between my legs for the rest of my ride home.

Some commuter cyclists are extremely in shape. I usually chase people down for fun. This one time I was riding my aero bike with carbon wheels and stuff when my other bike was in the shop for some work done. This guy passed me on his flat bar bike with backpack no less lol. Excuse #1, I slowed down because of congestion before he passed me. Excuse #2, I kept up with him after but he turned off early so I don't get my revenge. Needless to say, I had my tail between my legs for the rest of my ride home.
    sounds like it made commute rides more fun
    and then there's strava records

lol ah the ol' secret race that you didn't know about.

I was slowly catching some guy on a mountain bike this morning, whom I wasn't trying to catch, I was going my own pace but he was going a good 30kph average. He looked back a couple times and probly didn't want to get passed

My Ride
    '14 Taco

gotta get on strava, cause then if there's no one to smoke, you have to think about what segment you're gonna blast and try and PR...

also, would it be weird to draft off a stranger?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Drafting on the pathway is a bit weird and kinda extreme, perhaps on a windy day. I don't mind people riding behind me otherwise. A greeting to let me know you are there drafting will be nice and rotation is much appreciated.

One time I passed this guy in Bowness. I thought I could lose him climbing up to Silver Spring but he was practically breathing on the back of my neck all the way. He took a short cut after the climb, I caught up to him after and we had a friendly chitchat and laughed about it, fun time.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I wasn't sure what the etiquette would be. I got blasted by a guy a couple weeks ago, attempted to keep up and he smoked me... Was hoping to at least pull some of his energy haha

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Tons of people on the bike paths and bike lanes this year, including a lot of casual commuters who I haven't seen before. Saw a 60ish year old women with an electric assist bike the other day

Was a chilly ride in this morning and the paths were quiet, but I saw an eFat bike yesterday morning, Looked like a cushy ride, the guy was in jeans. My winter project if I keep this up
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by lint
    Was a chilly ride in this morning and the paths were quiet, but I saw an eFat bike yesterday morning, Looked like a cushy ride, the guy was in jeans. My winter project if I keep this up
    Winter riding is great. Paths are quiet most of the time, and really isn't very cold you heat up in a hurry.

Many of the pathways are cleared, and I find myself riding my cyclocross bike with studded tires vs. my fat bike most of the time. Exception are snow days - like 2 or 3 this winter? Put ~10k kms on the cyclocross bike last year.

Winter does have a habit of killing bikes. So many go the cheap mountain bike route also with studded (or just a studded front) tire.

And why the hell am I talking about winter riding in almost June.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

gotta get on strava, cause then if there's no one to smoke, you have to think about what segment you're gonna blast and try and PR...

also, would it be weird to draft off a stranger?
    Strava is fantastic... I'm no KOM but it's nice being able to compare your personal best to everybody elses.

Was a humbling day when I checked my standings on Family Guy

Originally posted by blitz
    Tons of people on the bike paths and bike lanes this year, including a lot of casual commuters who I haven't seen before. Saw a 60ish year old women with an electric assist bike the other day
    I just did an ebike conversion for my wife and I'm really nervous about any crackdowns on ebikes on the pathways. We've never been serious riders, but have always enjoyed casual riding until her knees finally gave out. An hour of biking and she'd be laid up for two days recovering. Along comes this "new" ebike thing, that I didn't even know about.

It's allowed us to enjoy biking together again, so we're now just exploring all the km's of pathways, that we've never even seen before. Then I read the City has banned ebikes from pathways! For now, that won't stop us. My wife barely goes above 15 kmh even with the electric motor. But I'm afraid the idiots that will use an ebike to roar along the pathways at 40 kmh will create a crackdown of enforcement.

That would be a real shame.

I just mapped out a nice 20 km ride starting from East Village out to Edworthy park and back down the other side of the Bow. Hoping to do that soon.

Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast