My Ride
    '14 Taco

probably with a 2 for 1 JTS too..

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    probably with a 2 for 1 JTS too..
    With a pair of bike balls swinging on the back that I ordered in June that still hasn't arrived...

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    You gotta link? I need these on my bikes.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by XylathaneGTR View Post
    You gotta link? I need these on my bikes.
    I ordered a Chinese knockoff one for $5 which could explain why it hasn't shown up, but you can get the real ones from Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Bike-Balls-Bic...rds=bike+balls

or direct

http://www.balls.bike/store/bike-balls

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I read about the unusual delay on RFD too. Looks like there is an average hold of about a month at custom. Don't expect any recent shipment to come in quick.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yeah, I've pretty much expect delivery time for anything coming from Asian to be 3 months now. I was under the impression customs was finally getting back on track, but clearly not. I have a package from Australia taking it's sweet ass time getting to me too.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Goal for the year was 2k...hit it yesterday with a ride to okotoks to see the folks...hoping I can get to 3k now .. my cheapo little rove al has carried me 3500 km so far.. definitely starting to show some wear

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Goal for the year was 2k...hit it yesterday with a ride to okotoks to see the folks...hoping I can get to 3k now .. my cheapo little rove al has carried me 3500 km so far.. definitely starting to show some wear
    Nice! My goal for the year was 4000km and I hit it on Thursday. I really under estimated how much riding I was going to get done this year. 6000km might not be out of the question with 4 months left.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Nice! My goal for the year was 4000km and I hit it on Thursday. I really under estimated how much riding I was going to get done this year. 6000km might not be out of the question with 4 months left.
    If you've done 4000 km... you'll do that Mec 100k no prob!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Do it man! It'll be much more comfortable than going to Chestermere and not much further so you're good to go!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    07 997TT

for those of you who ride in the winter, I'm facing 3 options basically. can you chime in on what you would go with

1. Ride my JTS - I'm borderline on whether this bike should be my main commuter or if I could ride it through the winter knowing the components might get trashed.
    2. Pick up a beater ... no idea what to buy. Took a look on pinkbike today but didn't see anything great.
    3. buy a winter specific bike. I googled this and I guess a few manufacturers put out winter specific bikes. Prob with this option is the bike might cost as much as my 2016 JTS (~$1600). So I guess am I better off making my JTS the winter and getting a better road bike for next year.

Thoughts?

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Best option for Calgary winters is a CX Bike with studded tires. You might get 2-3 days a year when the pathways aren't cleared and you would fare better on a fat bike.
    Personally I would just grab some studded tires for the JTS and ride it. I've gone this route also...rode a single speed my first winter, then a mtb, fat bike, CX w/studs.

Otherwise, grab a cheap $100 used mountain bike. Ride it til components fail. Replace bike.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by 997TT View Post
    for those of you who ride in the winter, I'm facing 3 options basically. can you chime in on what you would go with

1. Ride my JTS - I'm borderline on whether this bike should be my main commuter or if I could ride it through the winter knowing the components might get trashed.
    2. Pick up a beater ... no idea what to buy. Took a look on pinkbike today but didn't see anything great.
    3. buy a winter specific bike. I googled this and I guess a few manufacturers put out winter specific bikes. Prob with this option is the bike might cost as much as my 2016 JTS (~$1600). So I guess am I better off making my JTS the winter and getting a better road bike for next year.

Thoughts?
    I went with #2 last winter. Just looking back at my Strava records, I didn't need to put on my studded tires until December some time, but who knows when it'll snow this year. That said, you probably won't really need it for another 2-3 months so you're already ahead of the game if you're looking now. I'd suggest beating the rush and order your winter tires now too. Which ever route you decide to go, just make sure you give the bike's drivetrain a good hosing down and relubing once a week and you'll be fine. Fenders really go a long way too.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Newbie question here but if I just buy winter tires I would just stay with the same size tire I assume to make sure it fit. Then just deflate and swap tire.

Or if I were to buy a new tire/rim I could go wider but wouldn't I need the disc brake and cassette (rear) also so that I could just swap the wheels?

Could be a dum question but pretty much likening it to a car where u go narrower in the winter.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Newbie question here but if I just buy winter tires I would just stay with the same size tire I assume to make sure it fit. Then just deflate and swap tire.
    As long as they're 700C, you should be good to go. I don't imagine they would make really narrow winter tires anyways. But yes, just deflate and swap.

Or if I were to buy a new tire/rim I could go wider but wouldn't I need the disc brake and cassette (rear) also so that I could just swap the wheels?
    That's correct.

Could be a dum question but pretty much likening it to a car where u go narrower in the winter.
    How many tires does a car have for stability? And your bike? Go wide. Besides, you ride winter tires with much less air pressure than you would your regular tires for added traction.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Yup I'd go wider. I think I read some ppl going to 38 or 40 on some forums with the jake.
    But lot more cost efficient just to go 33. Just less flexibility but least I'll get practice changing tires. Haha. Have yet to get a flat on about 2000 kms. Knock on wood.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Yup I'd go wider. I think I read some ppl going to 38 or 40 on some forums with the jake.
    But lot more cost efficient just to go 33. Just less flexibility but least I'll get practice changing tires. Haha. Have yet to get a flat on about 2000 kms. Knock on wood.
    I run the Schwalbe Marathon Winter's in 35s on my CX bike. Believe they were $60/pair on kijiji in like new condition.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I have 32c Schwann studded tires that I'd sell for super cheap.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

PM incoming Blitz, otherwise i'm getting some Schwable from chainreaction when they have them back in stock.
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 09-06-2017 at 11:07 AM.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Seems like the marathons are the way to go for a decent balance of pavement riding with traction. Chain reaction says it'll be back in stock sept 27. Bow cycle has it at $119 special order pretty much double the price.

Page 25 of 94 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast