Quantcast
New Netflix Series: Narcos - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Netflix Series: Narcos

Originally posted by xnvy
    I was reading up on him and people estimate that at his peak his net worth was 30 BILLION which is a sum so large for a criminal that honestly I can't even fathom it.
    I remember reading that he offered to pay Columbia's $10 billion national debt at one point. That's some pretty baller shit for a drug lord lol

Originally posted by eblend
    Finished watching it last night, great show, and great leading for the next season.
    Finished it last night as well. Got my Dad watching it too, he asked me if the next season would be on Netflix next week

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by J.M.

I remember reading that he offered to pay Columbia's $10 billion national debt at one point. That's some pretty baller shit for a drug lord lol

Finished it last night as well. Got my Dad watching it too, he asked me if the next season would be on Netflix next week
    Haha yah he mentioned it in one of the Episodes, thats so fucken crazy IMO...

I ended up watching 5 eps last night, im sure ill watch the remaining 5 tonight..

Pretty crazy how much cash he was making, it just doesnt seem real. (obv it is)
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Toyota 86 Wannabe (FR-S)

Solid show. Glad I came across it.

Photo by: Kevin Chow

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Addicted! So well done. I knew a bit about him but was surprised to see how involved with his country that he really was. He was a bit like Hitler or Stalin, loved their country and wanted it to be great. Loved the people but go against them, and youll have a rough day.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Big Blue

Finished it last night with my homie over the weekend.
    I don't know how they are going to pull out another season out of the time that is left in the story.
    Timeline wise, we are no earlier then the mid 80's to late 80's and he died in 93 I believe.

A thought I had considering how it ends for him and also the title of the show, I have a feeling they would explore another Narco's story.

IMO, 10 eps of the last little bit Escobar was on the run would be a little boring to watch but I'm sure dialogue wise will be good. just feels like a wasted season.

Maybe they wrap up Escobar and connect it seamlessly to another Narco. Seeing as power shifts it can be done with the story.

Norte Del Valle Cartel took over for Medellin and Cali and they just disbanded in 2012.

Connect them to "el padrino" from the Mexican Cartels.

Juicy
    Your #1 hater

I have watched 3 episodes so far and loving every episode so far. I am quite familiar with his bio so it was interesting for me. my girlfriend knew nothing about him and she is also liking it.
    Only thing I did not like was the Spanish they use, I think the guy who plays Pablo must have learned spanish as a second language. he seems to struggle at times. But im just being super picky, great show overall.

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Titan

They could do something on the Cali Cartel which I believe is deeply connected to Norte del Valle Cartel and was around before them. Even larger than Escobars crew I think. That would be cool.

My Ride
    Big Blue

Originally posted by 3drian
    I have watched 3 episodes so far and loving every episode so far. I am quite familiar with his bio so it was interesting for me. my girlfriend knew nothing about him and she is also liking it.
    Only thing I did not like was the Spanish they use, I think the guy who plays Pablo must have learned spanish as a second language. he seems to struggle at times. But im just being super picky, great show overall.
    Portuguese is his first language.
    Your #1 hater

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by Dertz
    Finished it last night with my homie over the weekend.
    I don't know how they are going to pull out another season out of the time that is left in the story.
    Timeline wise, we are no earlier then the mid 80's to late 80's and he died in 93 I believe.

A thought I had considering how it ends for him and also the title of the show, I have a feeling they would explore another Narco's story.

IMO, 10 eps of the last little bit Escobar was on the run would be a little boring to watch but I'm sure dialogue wise will be good. just feels like a wasted season.

Maybe they wrap up Escobar and connect it seamlessly to another Narco. Seeing as power shifts it can be done with the story.

Norte Del Valle Cartel took over for Medellin and Cali and they just disbanded in 2012.

Connect them to "el padrino" from the Mexican Cartels.

Juicy

Yah I was expecting like two more episodes, I guess since the show is called "narcos" and not Pablo Escobar they can show what happens afterwards as well?

He was on the run for 17 months after I heard so there should still be a lot to work with?

I heard they did voice overs for some of the characters? Seemed fine to me but than I suck at th3 spanish..
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Just started it and while I knew Escobar was the shit, I underestimated the extent of his power. Holy shit.

RIP DEA Cat.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Also, watch 'Cocaine Cowboys' on Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griselda_Blanco

She ain't nobody to mess with.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Being a native spanish speaker this has kinda been bothering me in the show too.

I've heard about 6-7 different accents from the actors in the show.
    The slangs used in some of dialogues are pretty far off too.

I suppose if all you're doing is reading subtitles then it doesn't really matter.

Still a fantastic show. Scares the crap out of me to think the cartels had/have this kind of influence and power.

Puts the whole Mexican Drug war into perspective.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:20 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Is this considered to be a documentary?

Do you have to ask for permission to play archival footage?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Finished it last weekend, great show but the subtitles really sucked on the brighter scenes
    Sig nuked by mod.

I saw a video on live leak that showed prisoners snorting massive lines of cocaine while in a South American prison. The gang that runs the drugs in the prison were celebrating 20 yrs of smuggling so they gave everyone massive lines for free.

It was like a scene from narcos but from present day.

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

How did you guys get the English subtitles working on Netflix? I tried several times and there were no subs at all

My Ride
    Exploded.

You have to turn on subtitles in your Apple TV and there's a CC button via Silverlight on a PC.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by JDMMAN
    How did you guys get the English subtitles working on Netflix? I tried several times and there were no subs at all
    I thought they were built in? I checked to see if other ones were available and tried turning on the English ones but it didn't change anything

My Ride
    It's wind powered

Just finished watching it, pretty good show, i added it to my list. Pretty crazy how much money this guy had.
    Happiness starts at 3000 rpm.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast