Quantcast
New Netflix Series: Narcos - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Netflix Series: Narcos

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by adam c

I thought they were built in? I checked to see if other ones were available and tried turning on the English ones but it didn't change anything
    Are you using a proxy like unblock-us?

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I'm just about to start this so I'm liking the reviews so far

Good series. I hope Netflix makes more shows like this.

I didn't know it would end with him just starting to go on the run haha, but there should be more than enough for a second season. I'm sure they will add content where needed to keep it well rounded and interesting.

The only thing I found weird was the one episode that showed Pablo and his brother on the run in the jungle with the donkey at the very start, and then the next scene he was at home with his family. I started that episode thinking I had missed one. I think he was just stalling until the bill was passed for no extradition, but it seemed like they jumped a pretty big time gap.

My Ride
    K20A2

really good show by netflix. Love all the crime shows they got going now just hope gangland undercover comes back for a second season
    Built with Chopsticks

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 02:19 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Show is awesome. I had zero knowledge about Escobar, other then his money and drug dealing. Kinda felt weird to almost be 'cheering' for him early on, then he turns unbelievably ruthless.

Columbia looks stunning though. Would love to visit, but im a wuss

My Ride
    '03 ep3

Loved the show.

Originally posted by 95EG6P
    really good show by netflix. Love all the crime shows they got going now just hope gangland undercover comes back for a second season
    Gangland was one of my favorite new shows but it wasn't renewed. The one boss guy is now one of the main characters in the new walking dead series.

My Ride
    NC1

Addicted to Netflix lol

Daredevil, House of Cards and now on to Narcos.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Brent.ff
    I had zero knowledge about Escobar, other then his money and drug dealing.
    Same here. What makes this show so unbelievable is how absurd Escobar's life was. When I watched House of Cards, it was so absurd that you knew it couldn't happen. I get them same feeling when I watch this show... except it did happen! This show's crazy good.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Originally posted by Feruk

Same here. What makes this show so unbelievable is how absurd Escobar's life was. When I watched House of Cards, it was so absurd that you knew it couldn't happen. I get them same feeling when I watch this show... except it did happen! This show's crazy good.
    Exactly. It's hilarious to watch and having to google it to see if it really happened. Almost too unbelievable to be fake.

Who gets to build their own prison!?

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Good series. I hope Netflix makes more shows like this.

I didn't know it would end with him just starting to go on the run haha, but there should be more than enough for a second season. I'm sure they will add content where needed to keep it well rounded and interesting.

The only thing I found weird was the one episode that showed Pablo and his brother on the run in the jungle with the donkey at the very start, and then the next scene he was at home with his family. I started that episode thinking I had missed one. I think he was just stalling until the bill was passed for no extradition, but it seemed like they jumped a pretty big time gap.
    Spoiler alert dick head

My Ride
    Exploded.

Spoiler:
    Escobar dies at the end. LOL.

^^ lol flipstah

Originally posted by riander5

Spoiler alert dick head
    You mean the spoilers that were already in the first page of this thread (you would have read that well before my post), about this series which features a well known person in history whose general story and outcome is common knowledge? lol

Just don't click on a thread discussing a fully completed series and continue reading until he very end if you are worried about possible spoilers. It's a very simple solution. There are tons of threads in the Entertainment section that I haven't visited yet because I haven't seen the show yet - if I go there and read through them all and something gets ruined, I have nobody to blame but myself. But in this case, it would be like me going to a thread about the Titanic movie, and getting upset that someone told me it sinks at the end haha.

Anyway, it's a great show, I watched it pretty well knowing what happens (Escobar's general story is very well known) and it didn't take away any of the enjoyment.

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

This show is excellent from start to finish. Great characters, solid story line, keeps you entertained!

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 08:10 PM.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Awesome show. I can't believe that he actually burned 2 million dollars in cash to prevent his Daughter from dying of cold (They don't show that on Netflix)

The guy was fucking insane. He was making US $425 million a week

When Escobar's daughter wanted a unicorn, he bought her a horse and stapled a cone to it's head and wings to it's back. The horse died from an infection.

If she was upset, Pablo would get another horse and this time use sterile staples.

None of this was on Netflix, so no spolier.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

I was travelling in Medellin and Bogota last month before I started watching this show.

Our hostel in Medellin offered a Pablo Escobar tour that I decided not to do. I decided against it because most of the landmarks/sites related to him have been redeveloped or torn down (they want to erase rather than preserve that part of their history).

I'm kind of regretting it now after reading this vice article. Sounds like I could have chatted with Escobar's brother:

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/pablo...weird-dude-827

Spoiler:
    Escobar's brother escaped through that jail tunnel with him in real life, although he's not a character in the show.

My Ride
    550i, X5

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    ^^ lol flipstah

You mean the spoilers that were already in the first page of this thread (you would have read that well before my post), about this series which features a well known person in history whose general story and outcome is common knowledge? lol

Just don't click on a thread discussing a fully completed series and continue reading until he very end if you are worried about possible spoilers. It's a very simple solution. There are tons of threads in the Entertainment section that I haven't visited yet because I haven't seen the show yet - if I go there and read through them all and something gets ruined, I have nobody to blame but myself. But in this case, it would be like me going to a thread about the Titanic movie, and getting upset that someone told me it sinks at the end haha.

Anyway, it's a great show, I watched it pretty well knowing what happens (Escobar's general story is very well known) and it didn't take away any of the enjoyment.
    I disagree. Not a spoiler for me cause I've already finished the first season, but you stated how the first season ends, which is not common knowledge. In fact, you literally wrote "I didn't know" to start your sentence.

All it takes is *Spoiler Alert* before you type...just a courteous thing to do.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Of course, a perfectly good explanation is boring, so the answer is, it's fucking voodoo.

My Ride
    2002 e46

I think the best part about the production of the series is the decision to not muffle the Spanish/English. Seemed more authentic that everything outside of DEA scenes was Spanish with Subtitles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast