Quantcast
"Best" VW service dealership? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Best" VW service dealership?

My Ride
    TDi

Default "Best" VW service dealership?

So I bought a new 2015 Jetta TDI back in June of this year. We started hearing a rattle/vibration from the inside of the vehicle somewhere on the drivers side. Brought it into northland.. Yeah I know.. And it's been in there 4 times now without being fixed. The car has less than 4k kilometers and this being my first new car I expect something like this to be covered under the warranty.

Will any vw dealership look at my car even though I did not purchase from them? or am I pretty much sol?

If I can, which dealership should I try?
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    NC1

So what have they been looking at the past 4x?

Anyway I have gone to South Centre for the past 6 years to service my GTI and TDI. They have been super chill all this time. There's this SOAB who works in parts that's cool too.

I have been to 5th Ave for a warranty issue and they were great. Some bald cocoabrava dude lurks around there in parts or sales and he's a cool guy as well.

Good luck. btw, did you buy your car from that uptight user?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by max_boost
    So what have they been looking at the past 4x?

Anyway I have gone to South Centre for the past 6 years to service my GTI and TDI. They have been super chill all this time. There's this SOAB who works in parts that's cool too.

Good luck.
    You got me on that one. First time they blamed it on my tint and said something was broken when the tint was installed. Nope nothing broken and sound wasn't coming from there.

The other times were failed guesses. We're pretty much at the last straw and are looking for other options now.
    GO FLAMES GO!

Any of the three will look at it. Try 5th ave next.

I have a 14 tdi and had a 09 tdi. They both have/had those shitty noise rattles. My 09 ended up being the visor and some air/heat fan.

The 14 was from the drivers side pocket from when they took apart the door for the tint.

Join the TDI forum and see if anyone else is having the same issue.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

You can go to any VW dealership for warranty issues.
    I think we have a few members here associated with VW dealerships in town and out of town, may be they can help you out.

My Ride
    Horse

Others will look at it.

Here is my current experience

5th Ave - dropped off car to have warranty issues looked at, Ignition switch would not turn off, seat heater wires were coming up and visible through the fabric, recall on rear axle assembly.

Picked up the car on a saturday, found air conditioning not working (worked when dropped off), phoned first thing monday morning and left a message, 2 hours later still no call back, phoned and spoke directly to someone. Gave him the info and he said he would call me back, called back and told me it would cost $180 to fix as they had to recharge the system, no one had looked at the car at this time. I told him it was not acceptable due to the fact it worked when I dropped it off and now it does not, said he would call back with an answer. Phoned at end of day with no answer, said he would call next morning with answer, no call until end of day.

Got Angry, phoned VW canada (no help) and they told me to just go to another dealer

South Center - Phoned and left message, phone call returned within 10 minutes, made an appointment for the next day, dropped car off. They had the car for 3 days while replacing electronic components and going back and forth with VW.

Received phone calls and updates everyday, was offered a loaner car.

Received phone call telling me car was fixed however no paperwork yet due to them having to go back to 5th ave because the technician left things unplugged while he was replacing the ignition switch.

Pick up car Saturday (Aug 15 POURING RAIN) and the technician that worked on my car did not reset the windows, car all wet inside and the windows stayed down when opening/closing the door (frameless windows), stood in the rain while a tech came out to reset window function.

Plug in Aux Input, no sound, 12V accessory plug no power (both worked before 5th ave for sure, did not use either in the day I had the car back), phoned South Center and they were apologetic even though it was probably not them and offered to get the car in ASAP.

TLDR: Car went to 5th ave, they did not do the job right, tried to charge me money, South Center way better service/communication however still screwed up slightly, Will definantly go back to South Center.
    Last edited by MrSector9; 08-20-2015 at 09:02 PM.
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by darthVWader
    Any of the three will look at it. Try 5th ave next.

I have a 14 tdi and had a 09 tdi. They both have/had those shitty noise rattles. My 09 ended up being the visor and some air/heat fan.

The 14 was from the drivers side pocket from when they took apart the door for the tint.

Join the TDI forum and see if anyone else is having the same issue.
    We might have to try fifth next. I've heard some decent reviews from them. I can see some rattles happening after I've had the car for a decent time but when it's at 3500km it sure can't be my fault and something the dealership should fix at no charge?

Thanks for the info
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by MrSector9
    Others will look at it.

Here is my current experience

5th Ave - dropped off car to have warranty issues looked at, Ignition switch would not turn off, seat heater wires were coming up and visible through the fabric, recall on rear axle assembly.

Picked up the car on a saturday, found air conditioning not working (worked when dropped off), phoned first thing monday morning and left a message, 2 hours later still no call back, phoned and spoke directly to someone. Gave him the info and he said he would call me back, called back and told me it would cost $180 to fix as they had to recharge the system, no one had looked at the car at this time. I told him it was not acceptable due to the fact it worked when I dropped it off and now it does not, said he would call back with an answer. Phoned at end of day with no answer, said he would call next morning with answer, no call until end of day.

Got Angry, phoned VW canada (no help) and they told me to just go to another dealer

South Center - Phoned and left message, phone call returned within 10 minutes, made an appointment for the next day, dropped car off. They had the car for 3 days while replacing electronic components and going back and forth with VW.

Received phone calls and updates everyday, was offered a loaner car.

Received phone call telling me car was fixed however no paperwork yet due to them having to go back to 5th ave because the technician left things unplugged while he was replacing the ignition switch.

Pick up car Saturday (Aug 15 POURING RAIN) and the technician that worked on my car did not reset the windows, car all wet inside and the windows stayed down when opening/closing the door (frameless windows), stood in the rain while a tech came out to reset window function.

Plug in Aux Input, no sound, 12V accessory plug no power (both worked before 5th ave for sure, did not use either in the day I had the car back), phoned South Center and they were apologetic even though it was probably not them and offered to get the car in ASAP.

TLDR: Car went to 5th ave, they did not do the job right, tried to charge me money, South Center way better service/communication however still screwed up slightly.
    Damn that's rough. Doesn't reassure me about going to any of the dealerships hah
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Horse

Honestly everyone at South Centre that I have dealt with has made up for it. My vote goes to there.
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by darthVWader
    http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444218
    Thanks for that link
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I hated Northland service. I posted a thread about it back in the day. Southcenter was great. There used to be a beyonder that worked there, not sure if he's there anymore. They always took care of any problems I had, lots of updates.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I loved 5th ave when I drove a vw. Very fair for work done in and out of warranty as well as repairs.

They are the same ownership group as south centre btw.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Northland VW is terrible. Wife's GTI had a torn diverter valve and it threw a CEL. Northland said she needed a new gas cap. Took it to 5th Ave, they diagnosed it and replaced it right away.

Only reason wife brought it to Northland was because she got a new job that was 2 minutes away. Their service guys just guess at problems instead of taking the time to properly diagnose. Avoid if you don't want to waste time and money.
    ---

All I will say is there is a reason i work at South Centre, I'll leave it at that.
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by killramos
    I loved 5th ave when I drove a vw. Very fair for work done in and out of warranty as well as repairs.

They are the same ownership group as south centre btw.
    QFT.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Northland horrible
    5th Ave okay
    South great

Didn't George from Tune Dub leave either Northland or 5th Ave because their service department was so bad?

I remember going to Northland one day with a friend to buy a used car on their lot (older WRX). We had done our homework, checked out the car, were 100% ready to buy contingent on a test drive and made that quite clear - after having to ask for help, they wouldn't even allow a test drive, so we bought elsewhere that same day.

Southcenter Fine Cars also disallowed us a test drive (totally different time), because the salesperson was too busy to accompany us and I shit you not "because the car had a turbo" (it was an old Jetta LOL).
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-21-2015 at 10:12 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Never heard anyone say anything nice about Northland.

Each dealership always has 1 or 2 defenders but Northland is all bad.

My Ride
    TDi

Thanks for the heads up on Southcenter. Last ditch effort with the service manager, but I'm really not holding my breath.

Will try SC next I guess.
    GO FLAMES GO!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast