Quantcast
Mikes auto haus airdrie reviews? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Mikes auto haus airdrie reviews?

My Ride
    bus

Default Mikes auto haus airdrie reviews?

Hi

I've got two Audi's that are now out of warranty and I'm thinking of taking them to mikes auto haus in airdrie. Does anyone have any recent experiences with thier work?

I know tunedub gets high praises on here as well so I may go that direction but they are farther away from me.

Thanks

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

I have heard from buddies who are journeyman Audi techs that Mike really knows his stuff and speak very well of him, but as I own no Audi's I cannot say from personal experience. I do trust me friends opinions however...

I highly recommend Mike's Autohaus; his style of service is completely different from Tunedub (which operates like a dealership). I prefer to discus the problems/solutions with my mechanic and physically see what he is talking about. Mike takes you to the back and shows you what exactly he is doing. I have been to both places many times, and Mike is the recommendation from me and most of my friends now.

Tunedub started the same but has grown too much now to provide the personalized service and "waste" that much time with the customers

Edit: Mike also worked at an Audi Dealership in Montreal for many years

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

awesome, good to know!

Originally posted by turbotrip
    I highly recommend Mike's Autohaus; his style of service is completely different from Tunedub (which operates like a dealership). I prefer to discus the problems/solutions with my mechanic and physically see what he is talking about. Mike takes you to the back and shows you what exactly he is doing. I have been to both places many times, and Mike is the recommendation from me and most of my friends now.

Tunedub started the same but has grown too much now to provide the personalized service and "waste" that much time with the customers

Edit: Mike also worked at an Audi Dealership in Montreal for many years
    Somewhat in defense of tunedub, I understand his situation. I have the same issues myself now. It isn't that customers are wasting your time, but more that you only have so much time to deal with things. When you are starting out and your client base is growing you have much more time flexibility to spend going over all the subtle details and go back and forth etc taking time to come to a conclusion, but eventually you have so many people and jobs to do that you have to move through the list at a much quicker rate that you just can't dedicate the same time to the queries as much as you would like and you get to a point where you hope that you have built up your reputation enough that your clients trust you are doing the right thing...

It does suck though. I know I miss being able to spend more time with individual clients as the social part of my business is 95% of what I enjoy about it, but now I can't talk to people and answer inquiries and messages as easily because I am always being pulled in 9 directions at once, and it isn't area's you can just hire staff to remove pressure for reasons of either knowledge and ability or simply ones of finances allowing extra staff are not there...

It is a tough balancing act trying to run a business based on the knowledge of the individual in todays economic realities...
    Last edited by tirebob; 08-30-2015 at 10:41 AM.