Quantcast
Anyone use pioneer ddj-sb? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone use pioneer ddj-sb?

My Ride
    changes every year

Default Anyone use pioneer ddj-sb?

I've been messing around with mixing vinyl for a bit now but found a ddj-sb and started messing around with it yesterday. I've only got the trial serato so I don't know if maybe it's a trial problem or if I'm just retarded, not using the right kind of beats, but can't get the transformer or chirps going.

Anyone use this and if so, any tips or insight on it?

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Sure is a whole lot easier than vinyl... when you can make it work.

Not sure on this specific controller but in terms of USB controllers they are touch and go. Driver issues and the works are pretty painful but when they work they work very well IMO. Its nice to mix mp3's but make sure you have higher quality ones (320kbps+ or WAV) as that makes a huge difference.

I prefer vinyl but with the ease of digital ones you can sort of screw around with the sound a bit more on controllers.
    Last edited by OTown; 08-30-2015 at 08:46 PM.

My Ride
    changes every year

I love vinyl, but I'm getting hooked on the controller, but scratching is still an issue, it doesn't scratch like it should, or like I said, I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think I am.

Any suggestions?

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Those controllers are regretably not 'designed' for scratching. Nothing beats putting your finger on the vinyl and having that immediate control without latency. If you want to scratch you'll simply want to stick with vinyl

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

I use the DDJ-SB for my mobile set up, but I don't use Serato and you're not just limited to the trial program. You can *ahem* "find", full versions of Traktor Scratch Pro and find pretty decent mapping for the DDJ-SB. Scratching works decently, but I don't do that stuff in the songs I mix.

My Ride
    02 audi a4

i don't use the Pioneer set up but i do use the Numark NS6 controller myself and for scratching what i noticed is rather than putting your whole arm into it like you do with vinyl, try using your wrist and see how that works for you.
    Originally posted by max_boost

I am a member of Beyond.ca, don't you dare try to scam me as we will hunt your ass down and F you up haha