Quantcast
Gaming Headset Recommendations - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Gaming Headset Recommendations

My Ride
    a minivan, a maxima, and a KLR

Default Gaming Headset Recommendations

Sad that my CM Storm Sirus 5.1 headset is crackling like crazy. Can't even buy these anymore.

I quite enjoy the true 5.1 surround, but I've read that even with individual speakers for each channel, you don't get a very good positional effect due to the proximity to your ears.

What set would you guys recommend? Is it better to get a better quality set with single, larger drivers, or something like a Razer Tiamat 7.1?

Logitech has the G933 & G633 that are coming out soon that look pretty good,

My Ride
    Eclipse

I dunno if its a good deal or not but I purchased this HyperX Cloud a few months back and I like it...

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX55713

Edit: I don't play video games just use it while having music on my computer to be in the zone and avoid distractions...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Default Re: Gaming Headset Recommendations

Originally posted by Cowtown_Raider
    Sad that my CM Storm Sirus 5.1 headset is crackling like crazy. Can't even buy these anymore.

I quite enjoy the true 5.1 surround, but I've read that even with individual speakers for each channel, you don't get a very good positional effect due to the proximity to your ears.

What set would you guys recommend? Is it better to get a better quality set with single, larger drivers, or something like a Razer Tiamat 7.1?
    What kind of games do you play? You mentioned positional effect so I am assuming it is FPS games?

I've been playing FPS games (specifically CS) for a LONG time, and I could tell you, the best headset considering all factors like sound quality, mic quality, built/materials, comfort, portability, etc., the best one is the Sennheiser G4ME Zero Gaming Headset. You could also get the G4ME One of which you can hear other people when your headset is on but you also kind of lose the portability of the headset. It is, by far, the best one I know that is out there. But of course, it's Sennheiser, meaning, it comes with a price.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX53761

The only thing about it is I would say, it is the best for PC gaming but when it all comes down to other consoles, there are other products out there that are "better". If you will use your headset around for your PC, PS4, XBone, etc, you may also want to consider other headsets.

PM me if you have any questions.
    Last edited by jampack; 08-31-2015 at 09:23 AM.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

I use these and I'm quite happy with them for games:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00P...Y68NA8JE1383RJ

Only comment is they do block out most of the noise, so if you don't want that, go for an open-ear design. I've always found the surround effects in headphones to be pretty bad.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

May I add, it is on sale right now in Amazon.ca.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

So much depends on price IMO.

If you want basic sound, the new Corsair, Logitech and various other units in the 100 to 150$ range should suffice.

If you have a decent sound card, with an amp/booster, you might want to check out Sennheisers various gaming headsets, for 250$ish to 300$ you can get into their Game One or Game Zero gaming headsets. With just stock motherboard ports, until the most recent gaming MB with boosted audio, they usually don't have enough power to drive these though without a sound card or DAC or whatnot.

Personally, I use a separate mic, nothing special, just the Blue Microphones type deal, and the Sony MDR headphones which are around 140$. I've found this setup superior to my 300$ Senns for about the same price.

Avoid Razer products, Turtle Beach can be crap as well depending on the model.