Quantcast
Good BMW Salesman? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good BMW Salesman?

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by theken
    Shea at calgary BMW
    Totally agree. Sheas a straight shooter, no BS.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Originally posted by A2VR6
    Dealt with Woody Woo at Calgary BMW a few times and he's been nothing but awesome
    +1 for Woody!

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Isnt there a beyonder that works as a sales man? whats his name?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by InRich
    Isnt there a beyonder that works as a sales man? whats his name?
    His name is Mr. Sells-Volkswagens-Now
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Originally posted by 20incheyes

+1 for Woody!
    recommend woody also, he even helped me out while he was on vacation.

Shea at Calgary bmw for sure. No pressure, no BS.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Looking for a new ride

I would recommend Woody at Calgary BMW

Mike Chow is also great salesman, but is now a manager at BMW Gallery.

New General Manager at BMW Gallery has made all senior salespeople leave. So the Gallery is like shopping at a Honda, Chevy, Ford store.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

DONT deal with BMW here in Calgary at either locations. They dont deserve your business! They can't even return my phone calls for fuck shake.

GOTO Bavaria BMW
    Deal with Levi Ozbey

I just bought my X5M, and not only did he give me the best price possible, saving me thousands, but he treated me like a professional. Go call him and tell him Rich sent you, I promise he'll take great care of you, and give you the best deal possible on a new BMW

780 484 0000 or PM me and I will give you his private cell phone number so you deal with him direct.

My Ride
    Looking for a new ride

I think InRich has had some bad luck working with Dilawri dealers.......

+1 for Mike Hotchwald. I knew him back when he worked at Royal Oak Audi. He's a great guy. Went out of his way to help me. I'm happy he moved back to BMW.

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

+1 for Shea at Calgry BMW.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by yellowGTS
    I think InRich has had some bad luck working with Dilawri dealers.......
    I have. I was serious about buying an X5M this year, and they couldn't even bother to return my phone calls? two of em! i fucking have to call twice? And they still dont return my calls? WTF kinda business is that?!? PLUS! I go in there on a service, asked to test drive the X5M, and they tell me, they dont allow test drives in M cars? I mean are you fucking serious?

I'm never buying a new car there again, never. Even when I bought my original X5 5.0 back in 2010, spent 101k there, when I booked the test drive originally, the salesman, never bothered to show up. I BOOKED THE TEST DRIVE with him directly! instead he decided to stay home cause it was his day off. had to ask another salesman to show me the car instead, which I ended up buying btw.

I drive over to Edmonton. Levi throws me a set of keys to a brand new, never driven X5M, and tells me to go and enjoy it for the weekend... Thats service. Thats professionalism.

In my business, when someone calls me, if I can't pick up, I call them back immediately, apologize for missing their phone call, and get them taken care of immediately.

I have. I was serious about buying an X5M this year, and they couldn't even bother to return my phone calls? two of em! i fucking have to call twice? And they still dont return my calls? WTF kinda business is that?!? PLUS! I go in there on a service, asked to test drive the X5M, and they tell me, they dont allow test drives in M cars? I mean are you fucking serious?

I'm never buying a new car there again, never. Even when I bought my original X5 5.0 back in 2010, spent 101k there, when I booked the test drive originally, the salesman, never bothered to show up. I BOOKED THE TEST DRIVE with him directly! instead he decided to stay home cause it was his day off. had to ask another salesman to show me the car instead, which I ended up buying btw.

I drive over to Edmonton. Levi throws me a set of keys to a brand new, never driven X5M, and tells me to go and enjoy it for the weekend... Thats service. Thats professionalism.

In my business, when someone calls me, if I can't pick up, I call them back immediately, apologize for missing their phone call, and get them taken care of immediately.
    We were hunting for an X5M this year too. I texted Mike and he got back to me in 5 minutes with prices and what is available. Unfortunately we ended up buying one third party (it's actually Tony Dilawri's old personal X5M!).

It's true most dealers won't let you test an M. When I was buying my old E92 M3 they wouldn't let me either, even when they knew I was a cash customer. The problem is in Calgary so many people are tire biters. I don't think they want a bunch of M cars racking up hard miles with no potential for a sale.
    Last edited by ToXicXxX; 11-17-2015 at 05:14 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by ToXicXxX
    +1 for Mike Hotchwald. I knew him back when he worked at Royal Oak Audi. He's a great guy. Went out of his way to help me. I'm happy he moved back to BMW.
    Same guy who took in my C63 and hooked me up with the 1 of 1 in North America M3.

Awesome guy. I actually have something I need to pick up from him and have been slacking every time I get to Calgary.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by ToXicXxX

It's true most dealers won't let you test an M. When I was buying my old E92 M3 they wouldn't let me either, even when they knew I was a cash customer. The problem is in Calgary so many people are tire biters. I don't think they want a bunch of M cars racking up hard miles with no potential for a sale.
    Then why do they have M demo cars

I was offered to take he new M3 out when I was there last December looking into an X1 for my mum. I turned it down as I don't waste people's time when I'm not serious about buying right then.

Car dealers is always hit or miss.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

^ see look at that shit.
    Guys shopping an X1. and their wanting to demo a M3 for him?!?
    Then tell me they don't demo M cars. Which I know is BS from the start. Whatever, they lost my sale, and they'll lose every BMW sale for the remainder of my life.

My Ride
    Sloww

they had no problem letting me test drive the M3 back in 2012, which i purchased from Gallery

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

This is why it's important to form a relationship with your salesman so they understand who you are, where you are coming from, what you are looking for. Be nice to the guy, talk to him. I miss my old salesman

Sounds to me Rich that you walked in and talked up a big game about am having a ton of money to burn. Whether you have it or not that really does turn people off you as a person. Didn't you also throw a tantrum in the middle of the sales floor before over a service issue on your X5?

Think that's going to make salesman trip over themselves to be associated with you?

fact.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

^ No I did throw a tantrum to the service manager once though for having to align my car after owning it just 2 years, and already having to go through 2 SETS of tires at 500 - 700+ each! And him telling me thats normal wear and tear. I'd do it again too, I can't stand when people talk BS to me like I'm stupid.

When I owned my accord (9 years) I had to align it twice during life of that car, and it was heavily lowered, and I only burned through two sets of tires in 9 years!!!! I was burning through a set of tires, on that BMW every year, and every time it was because of uneven tire ware, to the point where my clients were even noticing it. It really pissed me off. If my new X5 does this again, I'll never buy another BMW again period.

I think BMWs are the nicest looking, best performing, most comfortable, nicest cars on the road. I loved my last X5, even with the mounting problems (and there was ALOT btw) to buy another X5. anyways thats my story

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

^ No I did throw a tantrum to the service manager once though for having to align my car after owning it just 2 years, and already having to go through 2 SETS of tires at 500 - 700+ each! And him telling me thats normal wear and tear. I'd do it again too, I can't stand when people talk BS to me like I'm stupid.

When I owned my accord (9 years) I had to align it twice during life of that car, and it was heavily lowered, and I only burned through two sets of tires in 9 years!!!! I was burning through a set of tires, on that BMW every year, and every time it was because of uneven tire ware, to the point where my clients were even noticing it. It really pissed me off. If my new X5 does this again, I'll never buy another BMW again period.

I think BMWs are the nicest looking, best performing, most comfortable, nicest cars on the road. I loved my last X5, even with the mounting problems (and there was ALOT btw) to buy another X5. anyways thats my story

Just playing devel's advocate, but X5s are commonly known to eat tires, especially the 5.0s and M trucks with their higher hp and softer, higher performance tires. It's also difficult to base tire wear on time, as you said "2 years"... Much better to use distance travelled to gauge tire wear.

In the end, it's not at all surprising that your X5, with twice the curb weight and horsepower went through tires much more quickly than your accord You're in for a rude surprise with the tire wear on an X5M.

On a side note, has your third supercar arrived yet? You mentioned in one of the other threads that it was incoming...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast