Quantcast
Recession car deals - Page 94 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 84 93 94 95 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2092

Thread: Recession car deals

The raptor is such a cool truck.
    Does the Lexus some with a set of winters?

My Ride
    ute

Guys, COVID is over, things are back to normal. The Shak Indicator just went full green.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Waiting for a $250k Aventador with under 20,000km.

Any day now?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

2017 1LE 1SS here. Make sure you go with a manual transmission first and foremost (does the 1LE even come with an auto, dono). I picked mine up for $35k with 14k on it, was practically new. I was always a BMW guy, from a couple M3s and was even looking at that manual M6 a few pages back. I always knocked American cars but this chassis and drive/powertrain is on par if not better than the E90 M3s I had. The interior is definitely cheaper and rattles more, but the driving experience is worth it. I'm a taller guy, 6'3" and fit in the Recaros perfectly, helmet room could get tricky. First thing is ditch the POS Goodyear tires for something of quality like Michelin or Conti, but the 285/305 tires are $$$$.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have already decided in your head to get the raptor lol, no way that Lexus stays in any circumstance.

Inb4 Shak has the raptor for sale
    Only if I can unload the Lexus the way I want. One dealer already lowballed on trade-in so no matter what, I am not going that route.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    The raptor is such a cool truck.
    Does the Lexus some with a set of winters?
    No winter tires. The tires are all-season from what I was told. I drove it in winter without issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Guys, COVID is over, things are back to normal. The Shak Indicator just went full green.

Fuck COVID.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Waiting for a $250k Aventador with under 20,000km.

Any day now?

I don't think the people that roll in those feel the economic crunch like us normal people. So likely never.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

The two people I know with aventadors are broke as fuck, just a matter of time.

Cheapest on market this 2012 Lamborghini Aventador on autoTRADER.ca's iPhone app
    http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-47364373

Lame spec though.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    2017 1LE 1SS here. Make sure you go with a manual transmission first and foremost (does the 1LE even come with an auto, dono). I picked mine up for $35k with 14k on it, was practically new. I was always a BMW guy, from a couple M3s and was even looking at that manual M6 a few pages back. I always knocked American cars but this chassis and drive/powertrain is on par if not better than the E90 M3s I had. The interior is definitely cheaper and rattles more, but the driving experience is worth it. I'm a taller guy, 6'3" and fit in the Recaros perfectly, helmet room could get tricky. First thing is ditch the POS Goodyear tires for something of quality like Michelin or Conti, but the 285/305 tires are $$$$.
    That's a really good deal, I paid $42 all in for a used 17' with 4K km's but I bought mine nearly two years ago.

This gen of the Goodyear SC3 is actually a very good track tire, I'd say it's somewhere in between a Michelin PS4S and a Sport Cup 2 in terms of grip on track.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    like us normal people
    I wouldn't classify you as 'normal people' by the way you go through cars
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    You maybe right. i don't think I am normal. I definitely have some mental health issues when it comes to cars for sure.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

You maybe right. i don't think I am normal. I definitely have some mental health issues when it comes to cars for sure.
    Don’t forget phones.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Don’t forget phones.
    That's been more or less under control. On the same iPhone XS Max going on to 2 years now? Plan to get a 12 though.

Sure there were 2 or 3 other phones on the side that I got rid of rather quickly and went back to the iPhone but I feel I am better. lol

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

I don't think the people that roll in those feel the economic crunch like us normal people. So likely never.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    The two people I know with aventadors are broke as fuck, just a matter of time.
    I would say a lot of the kind of people who own Aventadors could be mid size business owners, or people who own commercial or multi-family properties. Those are people who would be highly exposed to the economic fallout from Covid-19, or have suffered massive losses in the stock market. I could definitely see a lot of toys such as these being on sale in a few months.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yup that's true. I definitely know a few that belong to that category. But also know some that actually are expanding rapidly during these times. It's a dog eat dog world.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Ahh cool, I bought mine from Northgate which is a sister dealership to Westgate. But yeah if you're looking for track use, if you do some research you'll find the camaro to be suited for the track, especially one with the 1LE package, and the SS models retain warranty even with track use which is pretty awesome.

Visibility is going to be the biggest negative you'll read about, the car is a tank, the rear pillars do block visibility but after driving the car for a bit it's not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. To be fair my car has the all around lane monitoring so I'd be lying if I said I didn't rely on that for switching lanes easily. Even if I didn't have the side warning system, it wouldn't hold me back from buying the car personally, but I wanted all the creature comforts so I went with the 2SS package. Are you test driving one locally or actually going to Edmonton? If you want to check the car out you can check out mine if you really want, otherwise if you're testing one out locally then you'll find out.
    Nice, I was going to pop in to Northgate as well. I've done a lot of reading on the 1LE package for the past few years, but always stayed away from the chassis based on looks. At this point i'm willing to sacrifice a beautiful design for the functionality this thing offers out of the box though, having spent $$$ on mods and rotaries in the past. Thanks for the honest review, I'm guessing the 1SS doesn't come with all of the sensors you mention. Would love to take you up on your offer but i'm based in Edmonton.

Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post
    Paging @94boosted

I drove his car for auto-x (2018 1LE) and some street driving last summer. She's a big girl but you dont feel the weight as much as other cars with similar curb weight. Fairly docile in transitions and power is very linear... you could get fairly aggresive with the throttle with traction all off and the car wouldnt bite you. 1LE is nice since you get get a decent amount (-2.2+) of front camber from the factory.

Front visability takes a while to get used to, but I found that it forced me to keep my eyes up so its a good track training tool. Rear visability is non-existant imho, sides are ok with the way I had my mirrors adjusted. Not sure how tall you are but headroom with a helmet on can get a bit dicey if you are taller than 6'1".
    Were you able to break the car loose at all? Curious how linear it is once it starts sliding. With that much meat on the rear tires it strikes me as a car that wouldn't slide very easily.

[QUOTE=94boosted;4876082]Mine's a 2017, the curb weight is not 3800lbs (see picture below of my actual car on scales with 1/4 tank of fuel and some 19" wheels as opposed to the stock twinkies) and we're actually able to get -3.0° of front camber which is absolutely insane for a mac-strut car with no camber plates.

Jesus, agreed that -3 is nuts.. I think the most i've ever been able to get out of similar setup is -1.5. Very interesting to see the actual weight, why does everyone report them as over 3800? I'm looking at the same performance data thinking the same thing - always wanted an M2, but this is way easier to justify in terms of monthly payments. I'm 6'0 as well so will have to avoid the sunroof, thx for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    That's a solid deal at 35K... 10K more for a new one doesn't sound too bad either. Manual is the only option with a 1LE, as it should be
    Last edited by EM2FTL; 05-28-2020 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Fucked up the multiquote. Edit edit - it's still fucked :(

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Man I’ve been trying really hard not to want a M2C or 1LE but both are so enticing. Just hard to consider spending even more money than my C5Z is worth.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by EM2FTL View Post

Were you able to break the car loose at all? Curious how linear it is once it starts sliding. With that much meat on the rear tires it strikes me as a car that wouldn't slide very easily.

Yea I have been able to brake the car loose numerous times (usually from me being a little too over zealous on the throttle). Pretty progressive and easy to control once the rear breaks loose. Not as throttle steerable able as say a E92 M3 however, that car is one of the easiest cars to throttle steer.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Man I’ve been trying really hard not to want a M2C or 1LE but both are so enticing. Just hard to consider spending even more money than my C5Z is worth.
    I saw a 2019 M2C with 11,000 km's listed for $56k, seemed like a pretty good deal. Are they about $80ish new?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    I saw a 2019 M2C with 11,000 km's listed for $56k, seemed like a pretty good deal. Are they about $80ish new?
    Yeah I have a friend with a 2019 listed for $60k as well with similar mileage. Just can’t bring myself to spend that kind of dough.

Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 84 93 94 95 104 ... LastLast