Quantcast
Recession car deals - Page 23 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession car deals

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

He was asking $45k this morning. Looks like he got screwed on pricing too. Must be desperate.
    For anyone that missed it it was a 2016 Golf R (beyond.ca's favourite car lol) for $45,000...he said he bought it and decided he didn't like it and is now trying to sell it.

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    I'm looking an 350z or a TT, so this morning I see this ad...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true

The guy wants $8900 for a 2003 with 264,000km on it, what a joke, it's so frustrating when you find a rare car you want on kijiji and the owner wants some ridiculous amount for it...seriously, a dealer would probably give this guy $3000 tops for this car and he has the nerve to ask 8900? wtf.... ...sorry, just ranting about delusional sellers on kijiji...with the economy the way it is and it being 264,000km I'd probably be prepared to pay at most $4500-5000 for it, I dont think that's unreasonable. I email him and dont even mention an offer just that Im very interested but wanted to know how he came up with 8900 because that's over priced and he tells me to "Move on..." is it considered low balling when the seller is asking a ridiculous price and you offer them something reasonable?
    Not sure whos the delusional one here lol
    You said so yourself its a RARE car so that has to account for some of the price, you're not a dealer so just because a dealer can lowball doesnt mean you can(if he was desperate to sell he wouldve gone dealer route and taken the hit) and because the economy is bad that doesnt mean anyone selling something has to lose their ass on it FYI Not everyone is hurting and fire selling their property

$450--$5000 for an 03 TT looks pretty delusional to me
    http://www.autotrader.ca/cars/audi/t...advancedSearch

I see your point, but I think you missed the part that it has 264,000.km..I never said I was expecting to pay him what a dealer would...I can appreciate the fact that he's probably not desperate but 8900 for that car is straight up delusional, why even bother posting it for sale then if you're just going to keep it if you won't take anything reasonable for it? Even compared to what others are asking on kijiji and auto trader it's insanely priced....
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 12-19-2015 at 04:44 PM.

I see your point, but it's a 2002 with 264,000...I never said I was expecting to pay him what a dealer would...I can appreciate the fact that he's probably not desperate but 8900 for that car is straight up delusional, why even bother posting it for sale then if you're just going to keep it if you won't take anything reasonable for it?
    I don't know man, there arent many for sale and the cheapest was an 01 which was still 6k. His price might be high but i wouldnt call it straight up delusional.

I know what you mean about some sellers though, this is straight delusional. The bike originally was rumored to be a limited run of 500 but thats not the case and its available in 2016 also. The bike sold for $25k new. theres one for sale brand new for $23k and these will be available again in 2016.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/e...ationFlag=true

My Ride
    V8s

I see your point, but I think you missed the part that it has 264,000.km..I never said I was expecting to pay him what a dealer would...I can appreciate the fact that he's probably not desperate but 8900 for that car is straight up delusional, why even bother posting it for sale then if you're just going to keep it if you won't take anything reasonable for it? Even compared to what others are asking on kijiji and auto trader it's insanely priced....
    Why even bother contacting him if it's so crazy?

In the reply that had the autotrader search, there was a turbo quatro TT with 180k for 8800 or something, just move on to that guy and ignore the one with 264k on it. Obviously if his price is high, he thinks it's worth that, he's not going to want a low ball. And to his credit, the pics make that car look like its in absolutely fantastic shape.

Well honestly I just sent him an email to let him know that if and when he decides to drop the price, i am interested...I don't want him to drop the price and then I miss it... Sometimes I see ads and over the course of weeks the price keeps dropping, I figure it's better to send them and email and tell them to save my name and also politely tell them that their price is nuts.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Well honestly I just sent him an email to let him know that if and when he decides to drop the price, i am interested...I don't want him to drop the price and then I miss it... Sometimes I see ads and over the course of weeks the price keeps dropping, I figure it's better to send them and email and tell them to save my name and also politely tell them that their price is nuts.
    I had a couple guys try that when I was trying to sell my truck. I didn't have to drop my price, but if I did, I would make a point of selling it to anybody but them.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 11:56 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Cos

I've had a few sight unseen lowballs. I only will discuss price after you know about the car or see it in person.
    Yup. I've only ever accepted one sight unseen lowball, but it's because it was above my bottom line anyways and I wanted a quick sale. If someone makes me an offer before they see whatever I'm selling, I usually assume they aren't serious.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Cos

I've had a few sight unseen lowballs. I only will discuss price after you know about the car or see it in person.
    That's always the case with used market.

I want $10K, and I always get "Will you take $6K?" BS. I just laugh and ignore it.

Yes, but you guys are probably pricing your car reasonably... Like I said, I never gave the guy a number at all, just politely told him his price is way too much.

I've been on the other side though. And I actually prefer if the potential buyer gave me a number befor we waste both our times with a test drive. Why take time to go show your car and then have the person give your an offer you wouldn't even take?

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

blahblahblah
    said the guy that's asking 13k for a 328i

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

^^Started above 15k...

Online sales are one of those things where the feel you have a fair market price in mind and have to post higher to get it. Someone will lowball you even if it's a fire sale price. Fuck people wanted me to deliver items I had listed for free

Only market I know of where things are, very generally, reasonably priced and in accurate condition is photography gear. I'm sure other markets exist too.
    Ultracrepidarian

I did price my car at $15,500 to start but that was according to vmr and that's what I'm valuing the TT with, I confirmed with other ads in kijiji too, I honestly didn't pull that number out of thin air. But when people emailed me offers of $12,000 I dropped the price accordingly...I ended up almost selling it to a guy agreeing on 12 before meeting up, the only reason the deal fell through was because the kid's parents wouldn't lend him the money

Bottom line, I guess McLaren is right, I shouldn't whine too much about it
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 12-21-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

Originally posted by msommers
    ^^Started above 15k...
    Amazes me how big of a hypocrite some people are. Guy gets beyond worked up over someone selling a rarer car for an ok price but in turn wanted crack money for a common 3 series. Justify all day canuck but you sir need to give yourself a facepalm

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

I forgot all about this!

What? It was an 07 with 135,000, look on kijiji... All the ads are asking for more than that?.. How is that overpriced?... You guys should've told me then I wouldn't have taken so long to sell it... Like I said I priced it based on vmr and other kijiji ads, I don't think I was that nuts with that price.
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 12-21-2015 at 04:05 PM.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Wooooooow

My Ride
    V8s

... You guys should've told me then I wouldn't have taken so long to sell it...
    This is seriously the lulz.

Anyway, this should be common sense. But obviously it's not. So, for your benefit:

- It does not matter what price other sellers are asking. It matters what price they're selling at; the two are usually different.

- If your car isn't selling, it doesn't matter what kijiji, VMR, your dad, or even what beyond.ca says. Matter of fact is, it's priced too high. It's that simple. You shouldn't need the internet to tell you that... but here we are, I suppose.

Well thank you then I appreciate the explanation.

Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast