Quantcast
Recession car deals - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 27 of 95 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 1898

Thread: Recession car deals

  1. #521
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    sask
    My Ride
    Mullet
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Strider


    Bump
    Supercharged e90/92 m3s are going out of style. 4 for sale all at the same time (5 if you include yours) - thought they'd be less common.

    $48k for this '08 with 51k km from an MB dealer
    http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/3+Ser...;orup=15_15_33

    at "over $100k extra invested" into this one
    http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/M/Kel...;orup=25_15_33

    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/397211/fs...-vivid-racing/

    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true
    I'm looking for a E90 M3 and so far they are all over priced.

  2. #522
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    TL SHAWD,Camaro SS
    Posts
    2,923
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally posted by Darkane
    See It's not just a car, it's a total image. Identity you've got to go for. This isn't some high-tech sports car, tell you the truth it doesn't even handle that great.

    But.. that's not the idea is it? What're we talking about here?? Pussy right?

    (Laughter)

    Absolutely!

    Let's face it Hallowed_point, the 'vette gets 'em wet!
    I was pretty impressed with the 01 convertible C5 thatI borrowed last summer. Sure, the interior creaks and groans over bumps. It's not exactly a tight feeling interior even with low Kms. It handled pretty good although it felt like a big car with a huge nose going back to the civic. But I miss that LS rumble and roar. However, I've been really enjoying my Si so I might have both. Ironically a C5 is cheaper to insure than an Si. The question is: am I ready to join the hoards of bad hair dye, muscle shirt, never drivin in rain, retiree corvette owners...??

  3. #523
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,520
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    I was pretty impressed with the 01 convertible C5 thatI borrowed last summer. Sure, the interior creaks and groans over bumps. It's not exactly a tight feeling interior even with low Kms. It handled pretty good although it felt like a big car with a huge nose going back to the civic. But I miss that LS rumble and roar. However, I've been really enjoying my Si so I might have both. Ironically a C5 is cheaper to insure than an Si. The question is: am I ready to join the hoards of bad hair dye, muscle shirt, never drivin in rain, retiree corvette owners...??
    Lol. I agree it's a wicked car and one of the best bang for the $. That was a quote from true lies.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #524
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    TLX, F350, AR195 and Merc C350
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    ^^ Hey congrats on the new wheels Neil, must feel pretty good to get into a new car for the first time!

    I would agree with that, I don't think you are going to take a bath on a TSX when it comes to resale, especially when compared to a domestic or Korean brand of vehicle.

    I think the deals are only going to get better going forward, there is a lot of 2015 stock sitting on the lots and the longer it sits the more desperate dealers are going to get trying to unload it.
    The 2016 Acura TLX's are piling up. This is not strickly due to the recession but also the strong demand for SUV's over sedans in Canada and in particular Alberta. Apparently Acura did not adjust inventory levels enough for 2016 so here we go again. Dealers in Alberta are still sitting on brand new 2015 fwd TLX's with support ending at the end of this month from the manufacturer.

  5. #525
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SE Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado, G37x
    Posts
    1,432
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    I was pretty impressed with the 01 convertible C5 thatI borrowed last summer. Sure, the interior creaks and groans over bumps. It's not exactly a tight feeling interior even with low Kms. It handled pretty good although it felt like a big car with a huge nose going back to the civic. But I miss that LS rumble and roar. However, I've been really enjoying my Si so I might have both. Ironically a C5 is cheaper to insure than an Si. The question is: am I ready to join the hoards of bad hair dye, muscle shirt, never drivin in rain, retiree corvette owners...??
    Just don't be like the guy in the C4 vertte I saw the other day, middle aged, top down, blasting Mihael Jackson's Thriller. Made my day


    C5 is a sweet car, especially for the price. My dad had one years ago and I drove it a few times, good times. I've wanted one for a while but didn't want to spend. Your post got me looking and I'm intrigued.

  6. #526
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,520
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally posted by Calgarian


    The 2016 Acura TLX's are piling up. This is not strickly due to the recession but also the strong demand for SUV's over sedans in Canada and in particular Alberta. Apparently Acura did not adjust inventory levels enough for 2016 so here we go again. Dealers in Alberta are still sitting on brand new 2015 fwd TLX's with support ending at the end of this month from the manufacturer.
    2015 tlx still. I wonder if it's possible to do a $300/mth lease on those.

    Or 338/mth on the awd 2016 would be great too. Need the loyalty vehicle however.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #527
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally posted by Darkane


    2015 tlx still. I wonder if it's possible to do a $300/mth lease on those.

    Or 338/mth on the awd 2016 would be great too. Need the loyalty vehicle however.
    Speaking of Honda, just heard that Village has 8 months of stock for the just released 16 Civic. They are not moving at all.

  8. #528
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by jutes


    I'm looking for a E90 M3 and so far they are all over priced.
    I am also looking for E9x M3's and ya all over priced thus far. I looked at an 08' AA supercharged cab recently and it was beat but priced right (if in reasonable condition) at $39,900

  9. #529
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Darkane


    2015 tlx still. I wonder if it's possible to do a $300/mth lease on those.

    Or 338/mth on the awd 2016 would be great too. Need the loyalty vehicle however.
    Anyone have a recommended sales rep at Acura? I wouldn't mind seeing if they can offer any incentives on the 2016 TLX AWD

  10. #530
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    1,940
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    C5 Vette, with an LS swap. Profit.

    Wait, what?

  11. #531
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    TLX, F350, AR195 and Merc C350
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by nykz


    Anyone have a recommended sales rep at Acura? I wouldn't mind seeing if they can offer any incentives on the 2016 TLX AWD
    For the best pricing request a quote through the dealers internet site.

  12. #532
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    TL SHAWD,Camaro SS
    Posts
    2,923
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally posted by Darkane
    Lol. I agree it's a wicked car and one of the best bang for the $. That was a quote from true lies.
    It's a flawed car in some ways, but performance wise I 110% agree.. LOL totally forgot about this movie. I've never liked C1's though. The C5 stock was about as fast as my modified Z28 and it handled better. Also sounded better with the factory dual exhaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #533
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    TL SHAWD,Camaro SS
    Posts
    2,923
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally posted by btimbit
    Just don't be like the guy in the C4 vertte I saw the other day, middle aged, top down, blasting Mihael Jackson's Thriller. Made my day


    C5 is a sweet car, especially for the price. My dad had one years ago and I drove it a few times, good times. I've wanted one for a while but didn't want to spend. Your post got me looking and I'm intrigued.
    When I had my camaro, I often would blast 80's butt rock with the t tops off just to be a stereotypical douchebag. But I have little in common with the average granny driver stock Corvette 61 year old owner. I'll find a way to mount winter's on one.

  14. #534
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,099
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by jutes
    I'm looking for a E90 M3 and so far they are all over priced.
    Originally posted by BMDUBS
    I am also looking for E9x M3's and ya all over priced thus far. I looked at an 08' AA supercharged cab recently and it was beat but priced right (if in reasonable condition) at $39,900
    So at least 3 of us in this thread looking at E9x M3's... Still a lot of demand apparently - I guess that's why sellers think they can get $60k for their 2012s

    Originally posted by Calgarian
    For the best pricing request a quote through the dealers internet site.
    You're kidding right? Any online quote request I've ever filled in has only given me a quote at MSRP and harvested my contact info for a sales rep to annoy me.

    Originally posted by nykz
    Anyone have a recommended sales rep at Acura? I wouldn't mind seeing if they can offer any incentives on the 2016 TLX AWD
    I've seen recommendations on here for Josh Lam at Northwest. Earlier in this thread, Neil4Speed picked up a TLX when there was the $375/mo - you could PM him to see who hooked him up with that.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

  15. #535
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    My Ride
    Acura TLX SH-AWD
    Posts
    1,939
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally posted by Strider


    I've seen recommendations on here for Josh Lam at Northwest. Earlier in this thread, Neil4Speed picked up a TLX when there was the $375/mo - you could PM him to see who hooked him up with that.
    Yeah it was about $366 if IRRC after tax, really good deal on a solid car. PM Me for my contact.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

  16. #536
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    403
    My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's
    Posts
    6,021
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Abdul at Silverhill sold me mine, my brothers, his friends and Neils.

    It worked out to $364/month + tax ($381 after). That also includes a $700 3m package. That's for a base model V6 SH-AWD, believe they call it the premium model. I assume the 4 banger FWD could be had even cheaper.

    A+++ car, would drive again. Everything but the ZF transmission is awesome.

  17. #537
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not calgary
    My Ride
    changes every year
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally posted by Neil4Speed


    Yeah it was about $366 if IRRC after tax, really good deal on a solid car. PM Me for my contact.
    How long is your lease for?

  18. #538
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mountains/Calgary
    My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit
    Posts
    2,129
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    A lot of E9XM3 talk. Going to be listing my E92M3 for sale in a week or so. Not a distressed sale though, sorry to derail the 'recession car deals' thread

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b1yfpj0yk...PkRnm5-za?dl=0
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

  19. #539
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    @ people thinking $35-40k is overpriced for an e9x M3.

    You're buying a car that was likely over $100k MSRP. You're getting a 60% discount at $40k, it's a fucking bargain..

  20. #540
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    686
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    @ people thinking $35-40k is overpriced for an e9x M3.

    You're buying a car that was likely over $100k MSRP. You're getting a 60% discount at $40k, it's a fucking bargain..

    Kinda baffled me too but some of the logic on here makes no sense so im not really surprised. Gotta love it when a person complains that a car is priced too high when theres not that many for sale and the ones that are are all priced relativity the same

Page 27 of 95 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Recession house deals

    By Manhattan in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 02-09-2016, 10:27 AM
  2. Recession? What Recession? Life in Miami baby

    By Generic in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 129
    Latest Threads: 05-14-2009, 09:07 PM
  3. What is going on? Food Shortages / Recession Talk / High Oil Prices(Gas)/Home Prices?

    By Dren in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 36
    Latest Threads: 04-28-2008, 10:48 PM
  4. 2008 US housing market and recession?

    By Subwoofah in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 54
    Latest Threads: 01-21-2008, 12:29 PM
  5. U.S. economy to stay out of recession: TD Waterhouse

    By The Cosworth in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 12-17-2007, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •