Recession car deals - Page 89 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2092

Thread: Recession car deals

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The base car isn’t worth much more than that, plus you should factor in a massive discount for being someone’s garage hack project and that sounds about right.

Wouldn’t touch it with a 50 foot pole.
    Ya no way I touch that car... just thought his price was suspiciously low but I guess it is an almost 10 yr old car, plus he doesn't mention if it's a manual or not.

A 2011 Mustang GT with around 100,000 kms and in stock form is worth over $10k all day, and probably closer to $13-14. I think that example 370Z posted is a really good price, but it would certainly take the future owner trusting the build quality.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    A 2011 Mustang GT with around 100,000 kms and in stock form is worth over $10k all day, and probably closer to $13-14. I think that example 370Z posted is a really good price, but it would certainly take the future owner trusting the build quality.
    Ok, so I'm not crazy to be suspicious of it... could be legit but I'm guessing it has a few problems, it's an auto, and/or it holds a rebuilt status. No sane person who needs cash is going to post something for half its value right off the bat.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    Buy it, part out the performance pieces, return to stock ----> Profit.

My brother and I had an old Shelby Daytona race car that's been sitting in pieces for ~15 years. We finally decided to get rid of it and offered to let it go for $2500 with no takers, forcing us to part it out. It took a few months but we made about $8000 from it and we still have the engine and turbo to sell.

Name:  rD0Dz55.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  87.4 KB
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Nothing

Do you guys think we're going to see any fire sale pricing on cars in Alberta?

I just don't get it - oil's in the tank. economy's in the tank. market's down. massive unemployment that will not be returning to a business as usual. 80% of people supposedly live paycheque to paycheque. Slow-coming relief payments that will be taxable and don't fully offset lost wages.

And yet people seem to think their 20yr old Murci is still worth $300k because it's a 6spd, Gen iv vipers are $80k, etc. etc.

Surely a good number of people have to be over-leveraged on their vehicles and need to toss them. Or are they going to hold out hope for several months and then a flood comes on the market?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by M.alex View Post

I just don't get it - oil's in the tank. economy's in the tank. market's down. massive unemployment that will not be returning to a business as usual. 80% of people supposedly live paycheque to paycheque. Slow-coming relief payments that will be taxable and don't fully offset lost wages.

And yet people seem to think their 20yr old Murci is still worth $300k because it's a 6spd, Gen iv vipers are $80k, etc. etc.

Surely a good number of people have to be over-leveraged on their vehicles and need to toss them. Or are they going to hold out hope for several months and then a flood comes on the market?
    People that own those kinds of cars are likely independently wealthy no?

I've been following this blue 2014 335 6mt on kijiji for awhile now, I swear it used to be 27,000... then it was 24,500 a week ago, and just today it's down to 21,000...I hate that blue though.

I honestly feel sorry anyone needing to sell a car right now, lots of people waiting for price drops.

I got lucky and sold my beat up 370Z for 10Gs a month ago.. if I waited I'd probably be looking at 8G or less now...
    Last edited by 370Z; 04-20-2020 at 04:52 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

People need to sell their vehicles to make money, however there’s no money to buy the cars with, and people are most likely underwater on their cars so they need a specific dollar figure
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

$40k off MSRP for 2020 AMG GTR at some Canadian Mercedes dealerships...

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    People that own those kinds of cars are likely independently wealthy no?

I've been following this blue 2014 335 6mt on kijiji for awhile now, I swear it used to be 27,000... then it was 24,500 a week ago, and just today it's down to 21,000...I hate that blue though.

I honestly feel sorry anyone needing to sell a car right now, lots of people waiting for price drops.

I got lucky and sold my beat up 370Z for 10Gs a month ago.. if I waited I'd probably be looking at 8G or less now...
    The 335 although a good price, the biggest drawback is the 6MT, a sedan, and it is out of warranty. Most people will use 21K for a downpayment on a 50K Tesla or entry-luxury SAV.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by jaylo View Post
    The 335 although a good price, the biggest drawback is the 6MT, a sedan, and it is out of warranty. Most people will use 21K for a downpayment on a 50K Tesla or entry-luxury SAV.
    Are you guys talking about that one at Xtreme? The brown one? I did not see any blue.

If that is the one, that color combo (both exterior and interior) is not very appealing. Also with no warranty and over 100k on the odo, no bueno!

Edit: Then you look at the CarFax. It was on a 4 year lease, then sat on a lot in Lethbridge Mitsubishi for almost a year. Then it got sold and owner drove it for a year and then it went to auction. Then Xtreme bought it at auction I assume. Wow, would not touch this with a 10 foot pole.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 04-21-2020 at 09:39 AM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Are you guys talking about that one at Xtreme? The brown one? I did not see any blue.

If that is the one, that color combo (both exterior and interior) is not very appealing. Also with no warranty and over 100k on the odo, no bueno!

Edit: Then you look at the CarFax. It was on a 4 year lease, then sat on a lot in Lethbridge Mitsubishi for almost a year. Then it got sold and owner drove it for a year and then it went to auction. Then Xtreme bought it at auction I assume. Wow, would not touch this with a 10 foot pole.
    This is the car they are talking about: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...rce=ios_social

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This is the car they are talking about: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...rce=ios_social
    Thanks, for some reason couldn't find it.

That one looks a lot better!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by M.alex View Post

Simply put people right now aren't hurting.

Lost your job? CERB. Can't afford your mortgage? Lots of banks are doing deferrals. Can't pay your rent? Who cares landlord can't kick you out. The people selling their cars now are being proactive trying to free up funds, they aren't doing it out of desperation.

Give it 6 months when the deferrals and payments stop and people realize how slow things are going to be to start up again. Thats when people will need to unload toys to get by and be willing to budget on price.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I think the sales numbers for March and April may cause some interesting manufacturer promotions in May/June. I don't think it will be crazy but the typical low finance long term deals with several thousand off to get people to consider buying a new car when even those that have the money are being cautious.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Thanks, for some reason couldn't find it.

That one looks a lot better!
    Don't get me wrong, it's a really good deal. I remember looking it up last year and I could not find an F30 335i for less than 25K under 100K.

2014 M Performance Editions came pretty much fully loaded and with M Performance Parts ($$$) and with "///M exclusive" colors like this Laguna Seca Blue.

I looked at them back in 2014 and they were about $70K and released before the 2015 M3 production 6 months later.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=989393

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    Damn that seems like a good deal, I wonder what the Carfax on it looks like.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Damn that seems like a good deal, I wonder what the Carfax on it looks like.
    That's what I was thinking. Ad says it's spotless.

Seems to good to be true.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Ad says it's spotless.

Seems to good to be true.
    If 370Z's price history is correct. It went from cold to kinda hot.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

It has British Columbia plates so it needs OOP inspection at a minimum.

Maybe it's a wealthy person from BC???

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by jaylo View Post
    It has British Columbia plates so it needs OOP inspection at a minimum.

Maybe it's a wealthy person from BC???
    Ad states AB registered... Probably the second owner, for some reason using old pics in the ad... I'd ask for current images before going any further...

Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast