Quantcast
Recession car deals - Page 75 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 65 74 75 76 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2092

Thread: Recession car deals

^^ You could lease the Q400 Red Sport for a similar amount in 2018 when they were selling them for ~$48K after ~$15K of incentives ($63-65K MSRP with all options). I have no idea if those incentives still apply in 2019 now though, so it might still be a good deal. Again this was in 2018, but I'm susprised Infiniti sold any regular Q50's with such extreme discounts on the Red Sport.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Both the 3.0 and red sport have around $10k off to play with today. Probably more next month. It's the yearly Infiniti blow out.

This car was purchased in June 2018 based on the lease terms, so that explains why the payments are so high compared to fall blowout lease numbers.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Hmm well like i said i have no idea about the lease world, sounded like a good deal but maybe not that good compared to what's available today if you walk into an Infiniti dealership. Either way could be good if someone is looking for a shorter term lease. He would likely even entertain offers (i.e. him offer cash or a few payments to take it over).

He would have just taken it to Houston with him, but Nissan Canada has a rule where you can't lease a Canadian car while living in the US. Not sure if that's standard or specific to Nissan/Infiniti.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm well like i said i have no idea about the lease world, sounded like a good deal but maybe not that good compared to what's available today if you walk into an Infiniti dealership. Either way could be good if someone is looking for a shorter term lease. He would likely even entertain offers (i.e. him offer cash or a few payments to take it over).

He would have just taken it to Houston with him, but Nissan Canada has a rule where you can't lease a Canadian car while living in the US. Not sure if that's standard or specific to Nissan/Infiniti.
    That's still a very good deal for that model. Unless they changed something that pro assist package is listed at over 7 grand making his model close to 60 grand msrp. So regardless a lease in the low $500 range is a good deal for someone who wants a sedan in this class.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

When the Q50-S launched in 2013 I paid ~$700/month on a 36month lease for a loaded one

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Whats out there for lease deals these days?

TLX is going back in mid-October. Acura discounts aren't as solid as they were 4 years ago (and inventory appears to be low). B/W payment were $170 on a base AWD, and jumping into the $250/BW range for a AWD Tech ASpec which seems high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I think I am going to have to resort to buying a car in the same rough year as the TLX as I am ready for something new but there is nothing compelling on a lease basis out there.
    I was in the same boat - I wasn't keen on buying it out & to get a new lease I was looking at $244 b/w on a SH-AWD Aspec. Not an SUV fan either, so the RDX was out (& not cheap either). I honestly tried every manufacturer & nothing remotely close. Nothing really caught my eye for used cars either, plus I don’t have the cash laying around, so I’d be stuck with high interest rates…

In the end I grabbed one of the last 2019 ILX Premiums on Silverhill’s lot. Dealer “invoice” (2k off) + 2k Acura cash off + loyalty 0% rate. It’s a little rough around the edges being a glorified Civic & a little outdated compared to the new gen Hondas, but hit the sweet spot at only being $350/m. I was torn since I was losing the refinement of the TLX & the amazing SH-AWD, but this car is so much more fun to drive, even being 100hp less.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Both the 3.0 and red sport have around $10k off to play with today. Probably more next month. It's the yearly Infiniti blow out.

This car was purchased in June 2018 based on the lease terms, so that explains why the payments are so high compared to fall blowout lease numbers.
    It's showing $6,000 bonus for Cash Purchase online. Are there any other incentives I am missing? Thanks!

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post

It’s an import rule as well. He would be unable to title it in TX as a CA lease.

So saw this on my FB feed, lol.

Anyone want one of our old TLX's for cheap? lol

Name:  Screenshot_20191009-234633.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  30.0 KB
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Saw an Instagram ad that 2020 TLX is on 24mo lease for 0.24%

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can I trade my Fit for this? Would consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Saw an Instagram ad that 2020 TLX is on 24mo lease for 0.24%
    Wonder if cross brand loyalty of 1% and loyalty of 2% applies on top. That could mean 0% for up to 36 months for some.

Look like 24 month residual is around 70%. Definitely not bad. But a base TLX still runs you $500+/mth after tax. Wasn't as crazy as the $3XX from years ago.

I guess 2021 is coming next spring?
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-28-2019 at 02:14 PM.

My Ride
    VTAKK

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Wonder if cross brand loyalty of 1% and loyalty of 2% applies on top. That could mean 0% for up to 36 months for some.

Look like 24 month residual is around 70%. Definitely not bad. But a base TLX still runs you $500+/mth after tax. Wasn't as crazy as the $3XX from years ago.

I guess 2021 is coming next spring?
    That's gorgeous

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by benz_890 View Post
    That's gorgeous
    Still a concept. I guess debut for the real thing may be NY Auto show in Apr.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Front end looks good. Although the entire car itself has this BMW/Infiniti vibe to it.

Turbo V6 should be cool.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Are these recession deals still a thing?

We're looking at the 2019 Lexus NX300H - I see on the website that there is a 5k incentive right now. What is the chance of getting the price down even further?

Lease rates are at 0.9% on a 40 month lease. We plan to keep the vehicle; is leasing worth it if we are keeping the vehicle?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Prelude_dude View Post
    Are these recession deals still a thing?

We're looking at the 2019 Lexus NX300H - I see on the website that there is a 5k incentive right now. What is the chance of getting the price down even further?

Lease rates are at 0.9% on a 40 month lease. We plan to keep the vehicle; is leasing worth it if we are keeping the vehicle?
    In a low interest lease you can’t really go wrong.

I would look at the 300, the H isn’t much good imo. We are on our second NX lease my wife loves hers.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

In a low interest lease you can’t really go wrong.

I would look at the 300, the H isn’t much good imo. We are on our second NX lease my wife loves hers.
    I've never leased a vehicle before; how does the buy out work? Isn't the buyout just based on their calculation? I've always felt like I'm getting ripped off on the buy out cost? Mind you I've never really looked into leases at all.

Any more details you could give on why you don't prefer the hybrid? - on the 2020 NX the H is only an extra 2k; the 2019 was a 6k difference; but the 5k incentive pretty neutralizes the difference. I'm thinking with the current gas prices; i could make up that difference pretty quick just on gas savings.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well you are trading a pretty good modern 2.0T for a pretty mediocre gutless larger engined hybrid. I would say the fuel savings on the NX in particular are dubious at best (2 combined mpg) and completely eliminated if you drive on the highway much at all. Keep in mind the hybrid is much heavier.

When I was buying my last 2 NX’s the dealer didn’t have anything good to say about the hybrid in the NX. Maybe Lexus has started pushing them harder to move them but I explicitly remember Lexus calgary tell me they don’t even bother keeping the H on the lot and H’s all got brought in on request for people who insisted on them.

As for buyouts, Lexus bought the rest of my lease out last time to put me in a new car for the same payment and wrote me a 5 figure check in the process. End of the day if you are uncomfortable with the buyout just don’t do it. In some cases with Lexus your car might actually be worth more to the dealer than the buyout amount and the dealer will buy it off you and you can pocket the difference.

The only number that really matters in a lease is if you are comfortable with the monthly payment, it’s not worth trying to game the system with residuals etc. Imo. If the payment is too high then negotiate the sale price down to result in a cheaper lease.

The only complaint I have with the NX is the transmission is pretty outdated and the car would really benefit from a modern 8sp.
    Last edited by killramos; 12-02-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Well you are trading a pretty good modern 2.0T for a pretty mediocre gutless larger engined hybrid. I would say the fuel savings on the NX in particular are dubious at best (2 combined mpg) and completely eliminated if you drive on the highway much at all. Keep in mind the hybrid is much heavier.
    Wouldn't quite say I'm gaming the system, just trying to get the best deal possible

We are thinking of putting 20k down to reduce the payments, is that a bad idea?

Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 65 74 75 76 85 ... LastLast