Quantcast
Recession car deals - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession car deals

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by G-ZUS

Sold my SUV recently, was by far the cheapest one listed and took a while to sell (08 RDX)

trying to sell a Ford Ranger, below market value and same story
    Originally posted by Canucks3322
    Depends what kind of car, I'm about to give up on selling my 07 328 coupe, it's not that practical a car so it's tough to sell when people don't want to spend, seen another beyonders Audi A6 go for sale for months with countless price drops, not sure if he sold it yet.... I might just bend over and take what ever the dealer gives if I find a good deal on a new car...
    All three cars listed are super niche. I don't hear of many people going out of their way to buy RDX's, nobody buys rangers as they are impractical, a 328 coupe is impractical (2 doors don't sell well, and if its a manual, even worse), etc etc.

I don't think commenting on the sale times of these vehicles is anywhere NEAR representative of the market.

And just as a general comment in this thread, HOLY SHIT, you wouldn't think there was mass layoffs in Alberta. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in Edmonton has new trucks. The amount of new Tundras and GMC's floating around is incredible. You don't even see rusty pieces of junk anymore, everyone is driving what seems like a new truck. Blows ma mind.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

All three cars listed are super niche. I don't hear of many people going out of their way to buy RDX's, nobody buys rangers as they are impractical, a 328 coupe is impractical (2 doors don't sell well, and if its a manual, even worse), etc etc.

I don't think commenting on the sale times of these vehicles is anywhere NEAR representative of the market.

And just as a general comment in this thread, HOLY SHIT, you wouldn't think there was mass layoffs in Alberta. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in Edmonton has new trucks. The amount of new Tundras and GMC's floating around is incredible. You don't even see rusty pieces of junk anymore, everyone is driving what seems like a new truck. Blows ma mind.
    RDX's are very wanted cars in the used market, so I don't believe thats the case.

I sold my 1998 SC400 (177km) for 7k last week in about a week, and was pretty happy with that, I bought it in 2009 for about $12.5. There was a fair bit of interest considering that the number of people looking for a close to 20 year old, two door RWD coupe would be quite small.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

RDX's are very wanted cars in the used market, so I don't believe thats the case.

I agree with Neil4Speed, its pretty much a fully loaded CRV. CRV's and Rav4s are usually highly desireable. Whoever bought it got a good deal on it. Even had one brown dude drive all the way down from Edmonton to lowball me on it

Friend of mine sold his Ranger which was similar to mine a few months ago, same year a bit higher mileage for more than what Im asking for mine. It didn't take long for him to sell it either.

My Ride
    K-car

Yes, the used car market is very tough right now, this time of year sub $10k 4x4's should be selling like crazy......unless it's super cheap not much is moving. Maybe the higher end, over $20k stuff moves with some financing?

I sell heavy trucks and equipment, its dead quiet. I can honestly say I haven't took a call from Alberta in over 2 weeks. Sold a Kenworth to Montana last week though, sure was glad to take his US dollars.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I mean, you are entitled to your opinion, but unless you sell these used and have equivalent vehicle stats to compare it to, it really means nothing. It's a niche vehicle (you can easily find new sales figures for it in both USA and Canada for the past 5 years, it is "niche"). Niche vehicles typically have a harder time selling. Basing used car market activity on it is silly, especially as one singular datapoint. Same goes with the other vehicles listed. And we have no idea if the used sale price you guys posted at was even reasonable to begin with. Same with rangers and any 2 door car.

Anywho...

What do they use in Montana? Kijiji, craigslist, autotrader?

EDIT: Going by how frequently I see RDX's they are the opposite of niche. It's one of the most common cars in this city. It's like the civic of SUVs.
    Last edited by Manhattan; 11-26-2015 at 12:26 PM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by corsvette
    Yes, the used car market is very tough right now, this time of year sub $10k 4x4's should be selling like crazy......unless it's super cheap not much is moving.
    Nobody wants my Jeep
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/391367/fs...-ltd-4x4-auto/
    Last edited by jwslam; 11-26-2015 at 12:34 PM.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

I mean, you are entitled to your opinion, but unless you sell these used and have equivalent vehicle stats to compare it to, it really means nothing. It's a niche vehicle (you can easily find new sales figures for it in both USA and Canada for the past 5 years, it is "niche&quot. Niche vehicles typically have a harder time selling. Basing used car market activity on it is silly, especially as one singular datapoint. Same goes with the other vehicles listed. And we have no idea if the used sale price you guys posted at was even reasonable to begin with. Same with rangers and any 2 door car.

Anywho...
    For sake of discussion, the RDX sold more than 50,000 unit's in North America in 2014, the highest selling model for the brand. It is also Canadian Black Book's number 2 highest for retained value. Car's designed for practicality don't retain value if they have limited demand.
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 11-26-2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    V8s

I mean, you are entitled to your opinion, but unless you sell these used and have equivalent vehicle stats to compare it to, it really means nothing. It's a niche vehicle (you can easily find new sales figures for it in both USA and Canada for the past 5 years, it is "niche&quot. Niche vehicles typically have a harder time selling. Basing used car market activity on it is silly, especially as one singular datapoint. Same goes with the other vehicles listed. And we have no idea if the used sale price you guys posted at was even reasonable to begin with. Same with rangers and any 2 door car.

Anywho...
    I mean, you're entitled to your opinion too. Even if it's out to lunch.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by cjblair

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Cos, one thing we have been seeing is aloy of trucks and suvs going to the US because of the dollar. We have a whole seller that does that and he usually comes up a bit on the trade just to get truck and ship it. Good luck with the search!

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by jdmXSI

Depends, I am just finalizing a deal on a 16MY STi. Got a decent price and the lease worked out to be sub $500 including tax on a 39 month term with no starts. Then again, I worked on the actual price first and knew that would put my payment where I felt comfortable.
    Or a WRX for <400. Ridiculous I tell ya! lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by cjblair

I thought it was just me. Hitemp, you're in the same position as GZUS in that you also don't sell vehicles for a living, so ya, all ya have is opinion.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Originally posted by max_boost

Or a WRX for &lt;400. Ridiculous I tell ya! lol
    Nah, really? When I looked even using the online calculator the payments were $30 difference between the wrx tech and the sti sport makes it super tough to go with a wrx imo.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by jdmXSI

Nah, really? When I looked even using the online calculator the payments were $30 difference between the wrx tech and the sti sport makes it super tough to go with a wrx imo.
    Well at least with the WRX you get the better engine. I would never again spend the money on a new car that had that relic of an engine.

My Ride
    Canyonero

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by prae
    Epic recession deal if legit.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true
    Or maybe not, because those trucks are notorious for being unreliable shit boxes? haha. IIRC there was a beyonder bitching about how unreliable his was just recently.

I been putting Must Sell and Reduced into the search bar.... Time to put "Laid off" as well

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Originally posted by prae
    Epic recession deal if legit.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true
    That is too cheap. Seems like a scam IMO.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    I been putting Must Sell and Reduced into the search bar.... Time to put &quot;Laid off&quot; as well
    Makes you look desperate and brings all the lowballers to your yard

Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast