Quantcast
Recession car deals - Page 61 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2092

Thread: Recession car deals

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by beyond_ban

He put $15k down, and is wanting around $12k back (shot him a quick message). How much would you offer him so that it is considered a good deal?
    Pretty sure the model without the carbon roof went for $850 / month zero down.

Most I would give him $5K. Even that is a stretch because of the 12K/yr.

Fair responses, i was just curious. The guy definitely didn't do himself any favours with his "bargaining" at the dealership.

In the market for an SUV. Wife is being offered an awesome deal on a 2016 CRV but im not crazy about that vehicle, Being from Lethbridge choices are limited, any deals to be had in Calgary? probably looking to spend 37-42k

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by cjblair

Right. But since he won't eat his entire deposit, and looking at it from my point of view I'm going to put on 20-30k/yr, it becomes an awful deal.

Not saying it wouldn't work for someone, just wouldn't work for me
    12k/year means nothing unless you're going to give the car back. Unless this Lexus ends up with abnormally low resale value it should have equity at end of lease and should be sold/traded and not turned back in.

Also this is another example why putting money down on a lease makes 0 sense.

My Ride
    W222 S550 LWB

Originally posted by 3drian
    In the market for an SUV. Wife is being offered an awesome deal on a 2016 CRV but im not crazy about that vehicle, Being from Lethbridge choices are limited, any deals to be had in Calgary? probably looking to spend 37-42k
    2016 CRV, cash rebate is $3,000 while financing and leasing rebate is $1,500. Interest rate starts off at 0.99% to a max of 1.99%

CRV Touring and the colour white has been sold out across Alberta, unless you purchase an employee demo unit then yeah you'll get the CRV Touring with a couple of thousand clicks.

I remember seeing only EX and EX-Ls coming in round December. The 2017 CRVs are coming out come mid Jan with Tourings first then slowly releasing the lower trims from Feb to April. Price wise you are looking at $300 more and interest rates will go up by a tiny bit.

As for the RC F Lease takeover, I agree with Benyl $5k is the most I would offer because putting a down payment on a lease is pretty much useless since it just goes towards the residual value

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

The GF just got a 2016 CRV EX from Calgary Honda a few weeks ago, $1500 rebate, free oil changes for life, and haggled on the price as we were doing a trade in and getting extended warranty along with rust proofing and under coating. In the end we got a very good deal going with the .99% financing over 5 years.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Lexus/IS+...PO&orup=9_15_9

Checked out this ISF yesterday, looks mint inside and out, drove great.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Chester
    http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Lexus/IS+...mp;orup=9_15_9

Interesting. I saw this one while browsing on kijiji yesterday listed for nearly $10k more and thought about how outrageous the price was haha. That's much more in line with what I'd pay for a 1st gen ISF.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
    The GF just got a 2016 CRV EX from Calgary Honda a few weeks ago, $1500 rebate, free oil changes for life, and haggled on the price as we were doing a trade in and getting extended warranty along with rust proofing and under coating. In the end we got a very good deal going with the .99% financing over 5 years.
    May I ask how much you haggled on the price. To be honest with you, that sounds like a poor deal. Dealers rape on warranties, rust proofing (which doesn't work) and undercoating.

I'll be curious to your response before I tell you a quick story about extended warranty.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Lexus/IS+...mp;orup=9_15_9

Hmm, I might want to go check it out. Are you planning on making an offer?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Interesting. I saw this one while browsing on kijiji yesterday listed for nearly $10k more and thought about how outrageous the price was haha. That's much more in line with what I'd pay for a 1st gen ISF.
    Yup! That would be a fast winter beater!

Ya, he said he listed it high because he didn't really want to sell it haha

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Hmm, I might want to go check it out. Are you planning on making an offer?
    I was going to, but I can't live with the interest rate the bank was going to give me. I always lease new, then buy the car out cash, so I wasn't familiar with the 7%+ interest rates they offer lol.

The car is definately worth checking out, great deal. He said he has $20k owing on it, so offer him something above that, I bet he'll take it.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Ya, he said he listed it high because he didn't really want to sell it haha

I was going to, but I can't live with the interest rate the bank was going to give me. I always lease new, then buy the car out cash, so I wasn't familiar with the 7%+ interest rates they offer lol.

The car is definately worth checking out, great deal. He said he has $20k owing on it, so offer him something above that, I bet he'll take it.
    Thanks, I contacted him and grabbed the car proof to start with. I'll probably go see it.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
    Is the free oil changes for life subject to you bringing the car in for all maintenance services? Most Hondas are offered that but it means they'll rape you in other charges.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Thanks, I contacted him and grabbed the car proof to start with. I'll probably go see it.
    Does he mention aftermarket parts? That suspension doesnt look stock...

Also check that the water pump has been done...not super expensive, but will likey go.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by R-Audi

Does he mention aftermarket parts? That suspension doesnt look stock...

Also check that the water pump has been done...not super expensive, but will likey go.
    He hasn't mentioned any aftermarket to me yet. I'll check on the water pump too.

My Ride
    T4R / Tesla Y

He hasn't mentioned any aftermarket to me yet. I'll check on the water pump too.
    Looks like a clean car for the price. I've been dailying summer+winter my ISF for the past 2 years, and its been as solid as my 4runner (now the wifes)

all the info youll ever need is on ClubLexus in the ISF forums

Car is completely stock. I don't believe the water pump has been done, the car had 83k km on the clock when I checked it out.
    It'll definitely need wear items replaced (brakes, tires, etc) and it could use an exhaust and headers

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Car is completely stock. I don't believe the water pump has been done, the car had 83k km on the clock when I checked it out.
    It'll definitely need wear items replaced (brakes, tires, etc) and it could use an exhaust and headers
    It will be quite a sticker shock once you find out how much the brakes and OEM tires are. I'd budget a few grand on top of your purchase price.

My Ride
    T4R / Tesla Y

Originally posted by jaylo

It will be quite a sticker shock once you find out how much the brakes and OEM tires are. I'd budget a few grand on top of your purchase price.
    Dealership wants big $ for parts, aftermarket stuff is more reasonable. I think I paid around $700 for 4 rotors and pads off Rockauto.

Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast