Quantcast
Recession car deals - Page 33 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 33 of 105 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession car deals

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

I put my supercharger on at 33,000km. I did oil analysis before I swapped bearings and everything was good from the analysis. Decided to do it anyways at 52,000km or so and the stock bearings were just about scorched straight through.

It's a pretty big deal when they fail and you are spending $10k for a replacement engine.
    One of the great things about the 08-09 is lead bearings. Will see lead way before the inner bearing copper so a lot better indicator on wear.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Originally posted by 90_Shelby

That's a smokin' deal but the ad should be taken down....

It sold to a buddy of mine.
    Damn it. Do you know the price?

Originally posted by CSMRX7

One of the great things about the 08-09 is lead bearings. Will see lead way before the inner bearing copper so a lot better indicator on wear.
    true story, but i just say if you're buying out warranty on a 09-10 just change the bearings right away. Its almost a guarantee on these motors that they're being worn down. Have not seen any thread that someone had clean bearings on the s65.

My Ride
    a couple S/C'd V8's

Dang, that v sold? Guess I should put my 05 that's laying down 09 power with an aftermarket sc back up online, way less kms and a good chunk cheaper.

Originally posted by Nav13
    Sent you a pm

Thank you for the business

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Originally posted by jutes

Damn it. Do you know the price?
    Less then it was listed for, he can chime in if he likes. The car was in great shape, new summer tires, a set of blizzaks, new brakes and shocks. He had just spent $5k on maintenance as well.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Upass

Originally posted by Ukyo8

Thank you for the business

No problem, my buddy is excited about the new car.

My Ride
    V8s

Less then it was listed for, he can chime in if he likes. The car was in great shape, new summer tires, a set of blizzaks, new brakes and shocks. He had just spent $5k on maintenance as well.
    I missed seeing the ad, do you recall what it was listed for? Recaros, auto or 6mt?

Curious, cause last gen CTSV is one of the cars that's been on my radar for a while.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Originally posted by cjblair

I missed seeing the ad, do you recall what it was listed for? Recaros, auto or 6mt?

Curious, cause last gen CTSV is one of the cars that's been on my radar for a while.
    black 09 with Recaros and a 6mt, had 115k on it. It was a US import though.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Originally posted by cjblair

Listed for $32k. You can't find them in the US listed this cheap.

Mine is an auto and it works very well but the stick is way more fun.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    V8s

Listed for $32k. You can't find them in the US listed this cheap.

Mine is an auto and it works very well but the stick is way more fun.
    under 32K seems like a great deal if it has recaros.

I'd be looking for an auto. My current car is 6mt, and I'm finally outgrowing it (i.e. twice a week coming home from the golf course, my legs just don't want to do any clutching haha).

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I'm starting to find actual deals on autotrader and kijiji now. Been eyeing up an ecodiesel, driving 50k kms per year with racing and the fuel business has me wanting to get into the little dodge that could.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Anybody seeing discounts on new RS, AMG, M vehicles right now?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

HiTemp, how heavy do you tow? I've heard great things about that EcoDiesel as a commuter vehicle, but don't think it's got the balls for routine towing.

I'm trolling kijiji for a used truck, and I have found that there are a few deals to be had here and there. A couple of guys have mentioned they are selling due to layoffs, but I also find those folks are the ones with the worst trucks for the most money. Maybe I'm picky, but I don't want to buy a truck that is leaking more than one fluid.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 04-19-2016 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Anybody seeing discounts on new RS, AMG, M vehicles right now?
    You can get deals on M vehicles recession or not, even for factory orders. The level of discount depends on who you know.

AMG, good luck. I'm a long time recurring customer and get next to nothing aside from finance deals and some service perks. Only discounts I've seen are year end clearance stock sitting in the showroom, but it also depends on car. I tried to get that E63 Wagon sitting in the showroom for months on a discount with no luck.

I haven't heard of anyone getting any discounts with RS cars either, but I personally haven't looked into it as none of the cars stand out as something I want.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    HiTemp, how heavy do you tow? I've heard great things about that EcoDiesel as a commuter vehicle, but don't think it's got the balls for routine towing.
    I tow light, but probably more importantly, slow (max 105km/h). It doesn't worry me to tow at max ratings (~8800lbs for a crew cab 4x4 6'4" box ecodiesel), I'd be doing a lot of little modifications before I even considered it (larger trans cooler, make sure I have accurate info on coolant, exhaust gas, and transmission temperatures, etc).

Would have made an extra $45 net cash in my pocket after hauling this bad boy back from Saskatoon for someone, that would have been halfway to a Max_Boost lunch!:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

I also don't tow an enclosed, which is a way bigger factor! 30% better towing mileage with the ecodiesel vs the duramax adds up when you tow/haul 30k kms a year (plus it's close to 40% better daily driver mileage). Only time I've hauled at the dmaxes limit has been when taking bulk fuel, and I have other trucks I can use to do that

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by rage2

You can get deals on M vehicles recession or not, even for factory orders. The level of discount depends on who you know.

AMG, good luck. I'm a long time recurring customer and get next to nothing aside from finance deals and some service perks. Only discounts I've seen are year end clearance stock sitting in the showroom, but it also depends on car. I tried to get that E63 Wagon sitting in the showroom for months on a discount with no luck.

I haven't heard of anyone getting any discounts with RS cars either, but I personally haven't looked into it as none of the cars stand out as something I want.
    Do you happen to know the rough discounts on M vehicles? I spoke with Calgary BMW several weeks ago about doing euro delivery on an F10 M5, but the gentlemen helping me out did not said there likely wouldn't be any discounts.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Do you happen to know the rough discounts on M vehicles? I spoke with Calgary BMW several weeks ago about doing euro delivery on an F10 M5, but the gentlemen helping me out did not said there likely wouldn't be any discounts.
    The giant discounts on ED M cars ( like 8+% i have heard ) is apparently an American phenomenon.

Apparently the discounts are quite small ( and entirely up to dealer discretion ) compared to the US market. In the states there is a different price book if you do ED from what I understand.

I think it has something to do with how the two countries handle allocations with ED cars essentially being sold directly by BMW NA rather than coming from the dealers pool.

Too bad really.

Here i think the discounts are in line with the rest of the lineup, i don't think 5% off msrp for a well spec'd car is unreasonable. Just based on conversations i had with my salesman when I bought my last car there.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I referred a friend to CBMW the other day to buy a new M5, pm or email me and I'll make sure you get the same level of discounts he did ( I won't post on here other wise it spreads like wild fire lol).

[email protected]
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Hybrid

Whatever quotes you get locally, check with Levi Ozbey at Bavaria in Edmonton, he can probably beat it. He sold InRich and VWEvo their supertrucks, my X3 to me, and an X1 to my sister - also got a decent quote on an M2 from him. And make sure to bust his balls on BS fees if he puts any on the quote
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Page 33 of 105 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast