Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lexus IS F?

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    M3 > C63 > CTS-V > IS-F
    IMO
    I'd agree with this.

Having said that, the IS-F is the only one I would be 100% not scared of owning outside of warranty, and that counts for something.

My Ride
    T4R / Tesla Y

I have a 2008 ISF, I bought it to use as a 4-season daily driver, and it's been flawless for the year I've had it so far. would recommend for sure as a daily driver

My Ride
    USE20

Ive owned two ISF's, one 2011 and one 2012...I would never buy the first gen ISF, the cluster is different, suspension changes (spring rates etc.), alignment changes, Nav system update, button arrangement has changed, mechanical LSD, headlights changed... the physical changes make the 2nd gen ISF's much faster through corner's, not that it matters all that much.

Maybe Im just a fanboy but there is virtually zero known or documented issues with the ISF aside from early cars (2008, 2009) that were prone to the water pump sweating coolant and fuel pressure sensor leak, although the gasket has only been known to degrade and majority of owners are reporting that it looks factory new even past 100,000 miles.

I cross shopped the M3 and the C63 but maintenance costs and reliability problems scared me off. I personally know multiple people who have had headgasket and valvetrain problems with their AMG's although it could be specific to those model years, and my info could be misleading.

Anyways ClubLexus is always a good starting point, this thread gives an example of some high mileage ISF's that have had zero unexpected issues...even in the range of 140,000 MILES, although every manufacturer will have lemons.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...he-isf-17.html

Also, this car is not built for larger or taller people. Im 6'2 and just shy of 200lbs and I often throw out half drank beverages because Im too tall to tilt the can in the car, I just tell passengers Redbull is bad for you so I only drink half of em.
    Last edited by Ymerej472008; 09-07-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Originally posted by Ymerej472008
    Ive owned two ISF's, one 2011 and one 2012...I would never buy the first gen ISF, the cluster is different, suspension changes (spring rates etc.), alignment changes, Nav system update, button arrangement has changed, mechanical LSD, headlights changed... the physical changes make the 2nd gen ISF's much faster through corner's, not that it matters all that much.

Maybe Im just a fanboy but there is virtually zero known or documented issues with the ISF aside from early cars (2008, 2009) that were prone to the water pump sweating coolant and fuel pressure sensor leak, although the gasket has only been known to degrade and majority of owners are reporting that it looks factory new even past 100,000 miles.

I cross shopped the M3 and the C63 but maintenance costs and reliability problems scared me off. I personally know multiple people who have had headgasket and valvetrain problems with their AMG's although it could be specific to those model years, and my info could be misleading.

Anyways ClubLexus is always a good starting point, this thread gives an example of some high mileage ISF's that have had zero unexpected issues...even in the range of 140,000 MILES, although every manufacturer will have lemons.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...he-isf-17.html

Also, this car is not built for larger or taller people. Im 6'2 and just shy of 200lbs and I often throw out half drank beverages because Im too tall to tilt the can in the car, I just tell passengers Redbull is bad for you so I only drink half of em.

Agreed with all the points Ymerej472008 pointed out.

Also, please be aware that there are no ECU flashes available if you're looking down that route. The usual upgrades are Intake/header/Exhaust, and possibly NOS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2