Quantcast
LF: Garage door repair recommendations - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: LF: Garage door repair recommendations

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    0

    Default LF: Garage door repair recommendations

    Left cable snapped on my garage I tried emailing Andyl but no such luck, anyone else have any recommendations? Its closed but slammed closed so I am sure the springs unwound as well.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    calgary AB
    My Ride
    toyota MR2
    Posts
    2,068
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Fast doors. Search. There is a thread.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We used best doors inc when ours broke( the chain)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ended up with Jim Harris (4038378787) from another beyond thread who returned my call.
    Definitely would recommend him he fixed everything including the uneven track and it wasn't close to what I was expecting the cost to be.

    Thanks for the input guys

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Bowtie
    Posts
    3,023
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Don't forget user: AndyL

    His work is like doorway to heaven.








  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, Harley
    Posts
    1,763
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Don't forget user: AndyL

    His work is like doorway to heaven.


    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version


    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    When I talked to Andy last year he had gotten out of the overhead door game but had a few suggestions of other places to check out. It would be nice if he wanted to come back though.... *hint*hint*
    Originally posted by rage2
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Bowtie
    Posts
    3,023
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by schurchill39


    When I talked to Andy last year he had gotten out of the overhead door game but had a few suggestions of other places to check out. It would be nice if he wanted to come back though.... *hint*hint*
    This was Andy's work as of May, 2015... with him announcing he can take on door work again.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dewinton, AB
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What does that set up cost? quiet?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Bowtie
    Posts
    3,023
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by OU812
    What does that set up cost? quiet?
    It's $422 per unit shipped within Canada. (that's AndyL telling me to buy it myself directly from a supplier; other door companies I believe are like $500+ with their mark up)

    Since contracting are usually per job requirement, I don't want to ruin Andy's ability to reserve having flexible estimates as needed. (I don't care saying how much I paid, just don't want people asking why I got it for that price, and they didn't, etc...)

    But I can tell you, I'm pretty OCD where I want things done. Andy was so patient coming back for multi visits, lol, just cause I needed installation done in progression during garage reno between insulation, drywalling, painting. I even fucked up my tracks a few times during drywall/painting stage, but Andy came back to tune it properly.



    He even tied the detachment cord to the exact length I wanted (don't want it too long dragging down like some dangling dick, don't want it short higher than deadbolt box or behind deadbolt box; wanted it perfectly gapped to fit your hand in under the deadbolt box)



    These units even have opener thru using an app, but you got to purchase a little server (MyQ) to connect to your router.


    I think it's pretty quiet compare to conventional chain/belt track systems. I say it's quiet enough even in an attached garage that you should be able to sneak into the garage and catch the kids watching porn when you get home.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, Harley
    Posts
    1,763
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I can't speak for Andy as I haven't been able to catch him yet but he's always been very helpful over email when I've got a hold of him.

    I have one of those units too and I love it. Its super quiet and I love the clearance it gives you being a side mount. The "deadbolt" also makes me feel a little better that it won't be as easy to pry open.

    I haven't been able to get the "MyQ" feature to work yet but that may just be a range thing as my router and my garage are a fair distance apart.
    Originally posted by rage2
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Bowtie
    Posts
    3,023
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by schurchill39

    I haven't been able to get the "MyQ" feature to work yet but that may just be a range thing as my router and my garage are a fair distance apart.
    Andy set it up that MyQ server is network cabled to the router in the house, and is about 12-15 ft away from the garage wall button switch.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    4x4
    Posts
    2,077
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Sorry guys burning candles from ends and middle lately... Not having much time for doors lately.

    And found why I'm not getting emails - think I've got that fixed now.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '16 F-150 Lariat 5.0
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Bit of a bump to give Tony @ Best Doors props. Tony called me back on a Sunday and was able to come out on Monday to replace two broken springs at a family member's house. Would use him again and recommend him without hesitation.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally posted by AndyL
    Sorry guys burning candles from ends and middle lately... Not having much time for doors lately.

    And found why I'm not getting emails - think I've got that fixed now.
    Yeah, sent you an email on Sunday...


    Originally posted by prae
    Bit of a bump to give Tony @ Best Doors props. Tony called me back on a Sunday and was able to come out on Monday to replace two broken springs at a family member's house. Would use him again and recommend him without hesitation.
    phone number/contact info?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Vulva S40 T5 AWD
    Posts
    1,845
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by TomcoPDR


    Andy set it up that MyQ server is network cabled to the router in the house, and is about 12-15 ft away from the garage wall button switch.
    I have a detached garage that is probably 30' from the MyQ device and no problems. There are certain routers that don't work with MyQ without tweaking, so take a look at that. Range seems to be massive.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    14frs,06Tacoma,69Olds Vista Cruiser, 73VWwestfalia
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would like someone's contact info to please. I have a broken tension spring.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D
    Posts
    492
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Anyone heard from or seen AndyL recently? I've been trying to contact him for the last 3 weeks here, his email and phone

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally posted by JDMMAN
    Anyone heard from or seen AndyL recently? I've been trying to contact him for the last 3 weeks here, his email and phone
    He's been super crazy busy (work and personal). Hoping he gets back to you shortly. He just did some work for me and has been fantastic since he installed my Liftmaster unit.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D
    Posts
    492
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Anyone heard from or seen AndyL? It's been another 4 weeks since my post and I have PM'd him last week w/o response. This is so out of character

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    4,863
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by JDMMAN
    Anyone heard from or seen AndyL? It's been another 4 weeks since my post and I have PM'd him last week w/o response. This is so out of character
    I've also been looking for him for a week or so. My door is straight fucked, though, and I need a solution ASAP so it looks like I have to go elsewhere

    Gonna give him one more call.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Quiet Garage Door Opener Recommendations?

    By riced in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 27
    Latest Threads: 10-30-2017, 10:59 AM
  2. Garage Door repair

    By Kaos in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 01-08-2009, 09:00 PM
  3. LF: Garage Door Repair

    By sexualbanana in forum General
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 12-23-2008, 10:37 PM
  4. Garage door repair

    By bigbadboss101 in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 04-28-2008, 08:58 PM
  5. LF: Garage Door Repair ASAP!!

    By pei_boy in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-06-2006, 12:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •