Quantcast
What are you watching? - Page 105 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 105 of 178 FirstFirst ... 95 104 105 106 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3548

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Went to The Northman tonight. Usual Eggers genius. Serious movie.
    This excites me

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Been following this guys build for over a year, very entertaining watching him do more with less. He started out with a small harbor freight engine swapped into his Insight, and then progressively modified it more and more trying to achieve performance out of it, swapped in a bigger harbor freight engine, followed the same mod path, added EFI to it, and now finally bolted on one of those baby Aisin blowers to it.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Been following this guys build for over a year, very entertaining watching him do more with less. He started out with a small harbor freight engine swapped into his Insight, and then progressively modified it more and more trying to achieve performance out of it, swapped in a bigger harbor freight engine, followed the same mod path, added EFI to it, and now finally bolted on one of those baby Aisin blowers to it.
    Looks like fun, I'll need to check this one out...bookmarked for future reference

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Actually looked at Crave after googling HBO Max Canada, god damn looks leaps and bounds better than Netflix.

There's been sweet fuck all available on Netflix lately, not sure if it's Covid backlog or the fact everyone has their own streaming platform so why farm anything out to Netflix.

With all the talk of Netflix cracking down on password sharing I think I might actually drop Netflix after having it for so long I can't remember.

My Ride
    ute

Went to see Jim Jefferies tonight. Was great.

My Ride
    *The First*

Fuck.
    Is there more shows? Where?

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Actually looked at Crave after googling HBO Max Canada, god damn looks leaps and bounds better than Netflix.

There's been sweet fuck all available on Netflix lately, not sure if it's Covid backlog or the fact everyone has their own streaming platform so why farm anything out to Netflix.

With all the talk of Netflix cracking down on password sharing I think I might actually drop Netflix after having it for so long I can't remember.
    Quality of shows? Perhaps.

Quality of UI? Resoundingly no.

My Ride
    V8s

I found out about this too late, otherwise I would’ve gone. He’s hilarious.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’d give crave a demo before you start drawing conclusions.

The UI is crap, the stream quality is worse, and it has a nasty habit of making me log in every time I want to use it.

But Telus throws it in free along with my Netflix so I basically dgaf.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Might do just that, promo first month is only a dollar so could be worthwhile to see if it's worth paying for.

Netflix hasn't put out anything other than crappy documentaries and terrible reality shows recently. Last good thing was the half season of Ozark.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I find Netflix has rights to 3-4 old shows I like to watch as background noise. I don’t watch much if any of their new stuff, almost all of it in the last few years has been literal junk.

That said I think I get good value for it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I found out about this too late, otherwise I would’ve gone. He’s hilarious.
    exactly what you would expect from a JJ show

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
    Picard season 1 was absolute crap. I saw the first episode of season 2 so far. It was 'ok', but I won't hold my breath on it not taking a dive again in future episodes. The current show runners of nu-Trek just don't know (or care about?) Star Trek. These modern shows seem to be made by people that don't like Star Trek for people that don't like Star Trek.
    I'm watching Picard season 2. It's so bad. You're right about it being a show by people who don't like Star Trek and don't understand why it was so popular in it's heyday. I consider myself pretty socially liberal, but I feel like the writers of "nu-Trek" are hell bent on force feeding a narrative at the expense of telling a good story. Old Trek highlighted how diversity and individuality are so important by creating an enemy that is a perfect foil in the Borg. Now we get speeches to the audience.

Example (minor spoiler): Young Guinan is all despondent about the year 2023 and how bad the human race has become despite being on the planet since the 1800's through a couple of world wars. She says "They're killing their own planet!" before hopping into a first gen Ford Bronco which has got to be one of the worst vehicles in terms of efficiency and pollution. There's also no mention of the events of "Time's Arrow" in the episode, which makes me think the writers didn't even watch TNG before diving in on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    I'm watching Picard season 2. It's so bad. You're right about it being a show by people who don't like Star Trek and don't understand why it was so popular in it's heyday. I consider myself pretty socially liberal, but I feel like the writers of "nu-Trek" are hell bent on force feeding a narrative at the expense of telling a good story. Old Trek highlighted how diversity and individuality are so important by creating an enemy that is a perfect foil in the Borg. Now we get speeches to the audience.

Example (minor spoiler): Young Guinan is all despondent about the year 2023 and how bad the human race has become despite being on the planet since the 1800's through a couple of world wars. She says "They're killing their own planet!" before hopping into a first gen Ford Bronco which has got to be one of the worst vehicles in terms of efficiency and pollution. There's also no mention of the events of "Time's Arrow" in the episode, which makes me think the writers didn't even watch TNG before diving in on this show.
    +1. Many of the same people so far as production goes, writers, etc, who are doing Halo are doing Picard. Should be all that needs to be said - both are terrible. Like beyond awful. Picard S1 was somewhat tolerable, but S2, good god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    It still surprises me how frequently someone can post a link to a new YT channel that interests me, which I've not heard of before. Thanks Sentry, had a gas watching this channel's last year or so worth of vids. Cars/engines have never been my "thing" (I've done a fair bit of work on firearms, airguns, r+d with both, etc, but never cars/motors), so this channel has been a learning experience for me along with serious entertainment value being there.

My Ride
    ute

There is so much content nowadays that there is no excuse for watching shows that are not AAA

My Ride
    Toyota’s

You're right about it being a show by people who don't like Star Trek and don't understand why it was so popular in it's heyday.
    Just curious what you think of Discovery? I've heard the same thing said about it, but I like it a lot with the massive exception being Burnam is so fucking annoying. I also could never get into OG trek...I just like space ships.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

There's also no mention of the events of "Time's Arrow" in the episode, which makes me think the writers didn't even watch TNG before diving in on this show.
    I just watched that episode last night and it bugged me at first, but in that time/universe The Federation didn't exist, so Picard and crew never went back to the 1800's, so he and Guinan never met. What bugs me more is that as soon as Borg Queen went back, she should have had the ability with the rest of the Borg. Like wasn't that a thing in TNG?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

And evil Data drives a Tesla.

Maybe they're saying something?

I know the Guinan scene you're talking about. I think they crammed 3 or 4 pointed "messages" into that conversation. Environmentalism was one... I think she threw something in there about class-ism and white privilege as well. (and I'm probably forgetting one) Good god.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    Just curious what you think of Discovery? I've heard the same thing said about it, but I like it a lot with the massive exception being Burnam is so fucking annoying. I also could never get into OG trek...I just like space ships.
    I like slow thoughtful science fiction. OG trek was very formative to me in the 80's because most episodes were about a dilemma or how to solve a problem with creative thinking. Discovery is way too action heavy, and really only briefly goes after a deep issue and only does it superficially before resolving it with more pew pew space lasers. It relies on the mirror universe, which I think is a crappy cheap writing gimmick. Because it's shoe-horned into the timeline, they have to make compromises to not destroy canon. Once they free themselves of the timeline problems, the writers fall into the trap of having to one-up themselves, but after you save the universe a couple times it gets tired. I watched up to the first couple episodes of this season before bailing out. I really wanted to like it, but I can't do it.

They could have done so much with Picard if they just chose a different direction. For example, the synthetic revolution and attack on Mars was done in a "short trek". That could have been a season exploring android relationship with humanity.

Page 105 of 178 FirstFirst ... 95 104 105 106 115 ... LastLast