Quantcast
What are you watching? - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 175 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

My Ride
    ute

shows like Vikings are almost better to check out once they are done their run.

Then, you can determine if the whole thing is worth your time.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Just finished Daredevil S2, thought it was some of the best television i've ever watched.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
    Billions is a great show, first season isn't finished yet, another week or 2 I think.
    I really like Billions, except for all the inconsequential stuff (like the whole BDSM whatever crap). It doesn't really add anything to the story unless someone starts digging crap up on him, which is maybe the point, but practically a whole season has gone by and the series hasn't taken that aim yet.

Also, his wife is a c*&t! Sexy, but definitely a c*&t!

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I agree, the current season of Vikings is a bit strange. It seems a lot happened between seasons unless I missed something. Rollo is some King in France or something? Lol. I'm still watching it though, it has got a bit better by episode 4 but I'm not loving it just yet. It'll probably pick up a bit. Last Kingdom is definitely better than Vikings season 4 is so far.
    Technically Vikings is a loose biopic of Ragnar and various Norwegian/Danish Viking conquests all mish-mashed together to tell a story, if you read Ragnar's history (don't read it if you don't want spoilers lol) of all the places he sacked and pillaged, it's basically following that. It gets crazier, if you think Ragnar's legacy is pretty epic (which it is), wait til you see what his sons do if they show it at all.

That whole first siege on Paris they did last season actually took place 1171 years ago today supposedly. That first trip to England where they raided the monastery was well documented.

Rollo is a basically a duke now by marriage to Gisela (who wasn't really the daughter of the Emperor of France irl), irl he was the first Duke of Normandy and not blood related to Ragnar at all. But Aethelwolf, Judith, King Ecbert, Count Odo, Lagertha etc, they all existed in around the same time, pretty cool.

I should watch the Last Kingdom, all these old time tv shows like Vikings and Versailles has me on a historical binge.

I started watching this, it's pretty awesome so far, the detail they put into the 1960's sets is huge:

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Originally posted by n1zm0

Technically Vikings is a loose biopic of Ragnar and various Norwegian/Danish Viking conquests all mish-mashed together to tell a story, if you read Ragnar's history (don't read it if you don't want spoilers lol) of all the places he sacked and pillaged, it's basically following that. It gets crazier, if you think Ragnar's legacy is pretty epic (which it is), wait til you see what his sons do if they show it at all.

That whole first siege on Paris they did last season actually took place 1171 years ago today supposedly. That first trip to England where they raided the monastery was well documented.

Rollo is a basically a duke now by marriage to Gisela (who wasn't really the daughter of the Emperor of France irl), irl he was the first Duke of Normandy and not blood related to Ragnar at all. But Aethelwolf, Judith, King Ecbert, Count Odo, Lagertha etc, they all existed in around the same time, pretty cool.

I should watch the Last Kingdom, all these old time tv shows like Vikings and Versailles has me on a historical binge.

I started watching this, it's pretty awesome so far, the detail they put into the 1960's sets is huge:

Cool info, thanks. Unfortunately if it gets weirder and weirder I might not like the show as much!

My Ride
    NC1

Episode 8 of House of Cards and then DD2 next!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Just finished American Odyssey... agree, was an excellent season. The plot lines were really well scripted and came together really well, plus it moved along at a nice pace with lots of action. I broke down and binged watched the final episodes into the wee hours of the morning, haha.

I am surprised that it didn't get renewed for a second season, although I can't imagine where the plot would go to keep it interesting.
    I was very surprised they didn't renew it either. Not only was it totally set up for a second season (with an easy 3-4 seasons worth of logical plot), but it was one of those shows like 24 or Homeland where you can't stop watching since it's almost all action. Pretty well done show too, and fairly unique.

"The Bridge" was a lot like that too. Super good, I think 2 seasons, and then they cancelled it for the third. I couldn't stop watching that one either (American version).

I think I'm going to watch Black Sails season 3 and Daredevil next.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I really like Billions, except for all the inconsequential stuff (like the whole BDSM whatever crap). It doesn't really add anything to the story unless someone starts digging crap up on him, which is maybe the point, but practically a whole season has gone by and the series hasn't taken that aim yet.

Also, his wife is a c*&t! Sexy, but definitely a c*&t!
    yeah the gf and I think that his bsdm shiz is gunna get dug up and come back to bite him in the ass, could see it being Axe's trump card in the season finale.

Every episode has good drama/flow/something that makes you want to see the next episode.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Superstore & Fresh Off The Boat

Both great for fillers and silly stupid humor.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Originally posted by n1zm0

Cool! I quite liked the book, will check it out for sure.

Billions (love Maj. Winters!)
    Vikings (not every episode is a hit or satisfying, but still great and well worth watching)
    The 100 (worth watching although alot of stuff happens that is just so stupid)
    Strike Back
    Black Sails (love this show)
    Limitless (a lighter and enjoyable show)
    Lucifer (Couldn't get into it)
    Mr. Robot (pretty cool show - WATCH)
    Into the Badlands (Really cool show)
    Banshee (I can't believe this wasn't' mentioned in this thread. This show is AWESOME 8.4 on IMDB)
    Peaky Blinders (Post WWI England gangster show)
    Fargo (Season 1 and 2 are different stories, Season 1 was good, season 2 was even better)
    True Detective (Season 1 was awesome, S2 sucked)
    Expanse (decent syfi show)
    The Last Kingdom (very much like)
    Outlander (Awesome show! can't wait for S2)

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Originally posted by The_Penguin

Cool! I quite liked the book, will check it out for sure.
    Just finished, really enjoyed it!

Finished Daredevil S2 the other night. Looks like there's gonna be a Luke Cage show on Netflix coming out in September.

There is so much stuff to watch I can't keep up.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by J.M.
    Finished Daredevil S2 the other night. Looks like there's gonna be a Luke Cage show on Netflix coming out in September.

There is so much stuff to watch I can't keep up.
    Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and one other and then it will create a combined tv for another series.

Just finished Broadchurch season 2 and I think 3 or 4 episodes into Happy Valley.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Happy Valley was excellent, very impressed with that show. Easy to watch too, not many episodes.

My Ride
    rally pig

I deleted S3 of The 100, lost interest and the story was getting too confusing.

Finished Breaking Bad couple of months ago so now I've started Sons of Anarchy (S3 right now).
    Started watching UnREAL on the plane and seemed interesting so I'll try finish S1

Other than that I've been watching Modern Family, Fresh of the Boat and Friends, occasionally Big Bang Theory and Vikings when we dont know what else to watch.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by taemo
    I deleted S3 of The 100, lost interest and the story was getting too confusing.

~

Fresh of the Boat
    The 3rd season of The 100 is drawing too many plans and characters into it, we lost interest in that and Lucifer already.

If you like Fresh off the boat, you should watch The Family Law, basically the same but in Australia, you can now laugh at all those little nuances you noticed as a kid that your ethnic parents did. The parents in this show though are HKers, so they do all the bitching in Cantonese this time

Originally posted by nonofyobiz
    Billions (love Maj. Winters!)
    Vikings (not every episode is a hit or satisfying, but still great and well worth watching)
    The 100 (worth watching although alot of stuff happens that is just so stupid)
    Strike Back
    Black Sails (love this show)
    Limitless (a lighter and enjoyable show)
    Lucifer (Couldn't get into it)
    Mr. Robot (pretty cool show - WATCH)
    Into the Badlands (Really cool show)
    Banshee (I can't believe this wasn't' mentioned in this thread. This show is AWESOME 8.4 on IMDB)
    Peaky Blinders (Post WWI England gangster show)
    Fargo (Season 1 and 2 are different stories, Season 1 was good, season 2 was even better)
    True Detective (Season 1 was awesome, S2 sucked)
    Expanse (decent syfi show)
    The Last Kingdom (very much like)
    Outlander (Awesome show! can't wait for S2)

Awesome list!! Picked out a couple I hadn't heard of or had forgotten about.

Banshee..looks awesome, downloaded season 1 last night.
    Black Sails...wasn't aware of this one.
    IRobot...forgotten about.

Got lots on my XBMC now to watch!!

I really like that 11 22 63 show too.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 04-15-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Page 8 of 175 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast