Quantcast
What are you watching? - Page 50 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 50 of 175 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3485

Thread: What are you watching?

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

There's so many funny people on that show, and you never hear anything about any of them over here. British comedy is different than it is in North America, but they're great at telling stories and lightning quick. It's amazing how well Lee Mack can lead you in one direction while he's going in another.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

So many good british shows but they all use the same dozen or so entertainers. If you like WILTY check out 8 out of 10 cats does countdown its very similiar. Also taskmaster is pretty good.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been watching clips and full episodes of a British show called "Would I Lie To You?" Basically there's two teams and they try to bullshit each other.

That one guy is on a show called Peep Show. I've only watched a few episodes, but it's pretty funny. It's on Amazon.

My Ride

Yeah they all seem to draw from the same pool of people. I guess you'd expect that when you've got 66 million people. Kind of like how we get force fed Sean Cullen, Shawn Majumdar and Colin Mochrie here.

I've learned that James Acaster is the most bizarre person on the planet.

Last edited by SKR; 09-30-2020 at 10:13 PM.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Just finished S4 of Man in the High Castle. Was a big fan of seasons 1 and 2, season 3 was very meh to me and I’d go as far as to call it boring.

Gave Season 4 a chance and man did it delivery. Far more interesting and really drew me in unlike 3.

Not really a new show but was good.

Finished treadstone last week and that was a steaming pile of garbage.

Working through Seinfeld as a more low key way to kill time here and there as well when I don’t feel like such a spectacle.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

Seinfeld is freakin amazing. I’ve looped the series a few times now.

If I meet someone and they express dislike for Seinfeld, I know pretty well immediately that we won’t get along

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Yeah they all seem to draw from the same pool of people. I guess you'd expect that when you've got 66 million people. Kind of like how we get force fed Sean Cullen, Shawn Majumdar and Colin Mochrie here.

I've learned that James Acaster is the most bizarre person on the planet.

Strangely I’m watching season 7 of taskmaster on YouTube at the moment and this James guy is in it as well.

Anyone else watching "Away" on Netflix? Wife and I started it because the trailer looked decent. I like space stuff so it had promise, but at episode 6 it's getting tiresome already. The premise is that it's the first human space mission to Mars, so it's pretty damn important. But somehow the crew consists of the biggest idiots to ever put a space suit on. Obviously the show is designed more around the human stories than about the actual space stuff. But it gets really annoying when in one scene they are floating around because of having no gravity, then later on they are just walking around. Or in one episode the ship has a problem that seems to originate from a running water sink. I'm like wtf? Why would there be a regular faucet sink on a damn spaceship?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

I've been watching clips and full episodes of a British show called "Would I Lie To You?" Basically there's two teams and they try to bullshit each other.

You'll also enjoy 8 out of 10 cats and 8 out of 10 cats does countdown.

I've started watching star Trek discovery. So far I'm pretty pleased.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    You'll also enjoy 8 out of 10 cats and 8 out of 10 cats does countdown.
    I do indeed enjoy those, but it really depends on who is on. Johnny Vegas is absolutely unbearable.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    *The First*

Just accidentally binged the Bert Kreisher things. Whatever it's called. The Cabin? Was quite entertaining.
    I'm not sure if he did it on purpose, but the amount of "look at my balls / pull this wax strip" things were, iMO, very Louis CK commentary. No one gave a fuck that he's walking around with his grundel out because that's what he does. No bullshit #MeToo when you sign up to hang around with that guy.
    Under different circumstances, he'd be in prison for eternal years. Instead - funny.
    But Louis CK is worse than Hitler
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 10-24-2020 at 08:51 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    That one guy is on a show called Peep Show. I've only watched a few episodes, but it's pretty funny. It's on Amazon.

Peep Show is hilarious. In typical British fashion though, there aren't nearly enough episodes or series.
    You should also check out The Mitch and Webb Look sketch show, same two guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    But it gets really annoying when in one scene they are floating around because of having no gravity, then later on they are just walking around. Or in one episode the ship has a problem that seems to originate from a running water sink. I'm like wtf? Why would there be a regular faucet sink on a damn spaceship?
    Did you completely miss the parts where they deploy and show the habitat pods, that use centrifugal force? Or not make the connection that every scene they are walking around in, they are in their rooms/hall, but the scenes with zero-g are in the core of the ship?

But yeah, it's a drama set in space. It also made me realize how much I really don't like Hillary Swank.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 10-24-2020 at 08:07 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

. double post

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Just finished S4 of Man in the High Castle. Was a big fan of seasons 1 and 2, season 3 was very meh to me and I’d go as far as to call it boring.

Gave Season 4 a chance and man did it delivery. Far more interesting and really drew me in unlike 3.
    Slowly worked my way through Man in the High Castle. Season 4 was pretty good, but the ending through me for a loop. I literally said out loud "What???". Is there a 5 season coming, or is that the end.

Just finished the first season of Star Trek: Lower Decks. Not bad, kind of funny in spots. The best parts were when they referenced the other series. Being unemployed, I have lots of time on my hands!!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by gmc72 View Post
    Slowly worked my way through Man in the High Castle. Season 4 was pretty good, but the ending through me for a loop. I literally said out loud "What???". Is there a 5 season coming, or is that the end.

Just finished the first season of Star Trek: Lower Decks. Not bad, kind of funny in spots. The best parts were when they referenced the other series. Being unemployed, I have lots of time on my hands!!
    I assume they just want to leave the door cracked for a spin off. If the gravy train is still flowing, they will keep tapping it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Finished season 4 of Billions, waiting for the next season to complete before starting it.

Halfway through 'Briarpatch', decent show, quirky in its own way with never ending twists as to whodunnit and what is going on type show.

Season 2 of The Alienist on Netflix now too, liked the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post

Did you completely miss the parts where they deploy and show the habitat pods, that use centrifugal force? Or not make the connection that every scene they are walking around in, they are in their rooms/hall, but the scenes with zero-g are in the core of the ship?

But yeah, it's a drama set in space. It also made me realize how much I really don't like Hillary Swank.
    Maybe I should have clarified. I know that they spent an episode or two on the moon. I'm referring to their journey from the moon to to Mars. There is scenes where they appear to have gravity while the ship is floating through space. If you're saying there is something to explain that, then I'll admit I easily could've missed something, because the show turned into background filler while cooking dinner after I realized it was way more drama focused than science/story focused.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Almost finished The Haunting of Bly Manor. It's not as good as The Haunting of Hill House, but I'm still really enjoying it.

Page 50 of 175 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast