Quantcast
What are you watching? - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 175 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cherry pick those episodes sometimes, especially when I am looking to go somewhere, or want to see how accurate it is based on somewhere I have already been. Pretty good show but my only complaint would be that sometimes I find they spend way too much time doing things nobody cares about (i.e. sitting in a pub for 1/3 of the episode rather than exploring).
    this is probably the reason why I'm enjoying the show (just starting the 3rd season), in sense that it is not your typical travel show listing you the most popular spots and make it as pretty as possible.
    they actually try to immerse with the local culture and gives you a perspective of daily lives.
    and sometimes sharing a local meal or drink is the way for the locals to welcome you.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Finished rolling through Kitchen Nightmares UK version on Prime, so much better than the US version as it's not just forced drama and constant special effect sounds. Wish there was more of the UK than US.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Finished rolling through Kitchen Nightmares UK version on Prime, so much better than the US version as it's not just forced drama and constant special effect sounds. Wish there was more of the UK than US.
    There are some good reddit threads on that show if you're interested - from people who have been on it as both employees and 'contestants'. It's surprisingly not that staged, but people are told to exaggerate their reactions and such. They purposely invite enough people in to overwhelm the kitchen on the 'test' night. Gordon is apparently a super nice guy and his anger with gross kitchens is genuine. Also apparently almost every single restaurant that has been on his show has closed down shortly after due to the owners not keeping up, or people being grossed out by the reason he is there haha. I thought it was interesting to read about anyway.

My Ride
    Grimace

I just finished Westworld season 2. It was good once everything was kind of explained as the timelines were at times difficult to piece together.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Watched Triple Frontiers. Nothing shocking on this one, but above average for the Netflix produced movies so far..

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Watched Triple Frontiers. Nothing shocking on this one, but above average for the Netflix produced movies so far..
    I hated the ending in that it made the entire movie pointless IMHO, but I liked it up until that point haha. Higher than average production value for Netflix. Sometimes you just want a 6/10 action flick though and in that respect it delivers.

The Dirt on Netflix. Spent my teen years in the 80s rocking out playing air guitar (we didn't have console guitars) to Motely Crue. Fantastic Netflix film, highly recommend.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I had high hopes for Triple Frontier after seeing the trailer, cast, production value and plot were all great. But it fell into the typical Netflix made movie basis, start off strong and then fall flat.

Should have made the robbery more complex and a longer focus point than walking through the mountains for an hour. Pretty meh, worth watching if you're bored and have nothing better to watch.

My Ride
    ute

Yeah triple frontier was bad

My Ride
    V8s

Wife and I started watching Drive to Survive last night. It's quite well done, definitely better than I expected it to be.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The Inventor on HBO. Elizabeth Holmes cracks me up.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Very let down by Triple Frontier as well, very lame IMO. Whoever they had as their military expert/fight co coordinator should be voted off the island, and not allowed to work in the TV/film business again. Most tv/films are a let down in this department, but this was astonishingly bad.

April is going to be a crazy month. Game of Thrones, Hellboy, Avengers Endgame, and more.

My Ride
    Ford

OA season 2.
    fuck that dance.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

The Orville is quite good. Not being a Trekkie or a fan of Star Wars, I'm actually not turned off by the "sci-fy" aspect

My Ride
    M3P

Just finished After life. 6 25 minute episodes. Easy watch, quite funny but also quite sad. Last episode was a bit of a departure form the overall tone set in the beginning of the season but I would be interested in another season

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Homecoming on Amazon is quite good. I’ve listened to the podcast so know the basis of what’s happening, but really enjoying it so far.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I watched the movie Life on Netflix.
    I thought it was ok. Entertaining on the concept..makes one think.
    But I found the whole story just a failure of simple procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    I'm interested to see it, but the whole Charlie Hunam casting thing makes me think I'd rather stab my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    The Dirt on Netflix. Spent my teen years in the 80s rocking out playing air guitar (we didn't have console guitars) to Motely Crue. Fantastic Netflix film, highly recommend.
    Terrible movie as far as production quality goes. But it was great to see a live depiction of the story, cause I'm too lazy to read the book.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Started watching the expanse a couple weeks ago, almost done S3 now. Fuckin love this show. Any news on S4 release?

My Ride
    2019 RS3, Corolla winter beater

I binged it when they dropped all 3 seasons on Amazon prime recently. Awesome show! Can't wait for season 4. From what I read production has already wrapped so expect release later this year but hopefully sooner...

Page 24 of 175 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast