Quantcast
What are you watching? - Page 46 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46
Results 901 to 917 of 917

Thread: What are you watching?

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Camaro SS
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We're watching On Becoming a God in Central Florida

    It's funny/weird/dark/fucked up/good. Set in the early 90's involving people involved with a cult like pyramid scheme.



    Also Kirsten Dunst had a huge rack now? So that's a plus.

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    1,996
    Rep Power
    23

    Default


  3. #903
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    (maah raahde)
    Posts
    5,808
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dark is a complicated show on its own. Maybe the most complicated show ever due to the time shifting. That said I feel reading the subtitles makes it more complicated as you miss some details by focusing on reading text while missing some visual clues. The show loses a bit in translation with the dubbed version so I watch only the subtitled version but there’s no doubt that if the show was originally recorded in English it would be easier to follow and as you say it’s a bit harder to keep track of the German names.
    Loved the series, but it wasn't the time shifting or extra dimensions or even the subtitles that complicated things for me. It was the fact that so many of the actors looked the same haha

    - - - Updated - - -


  4. #904
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're watching On Becoming a God in Central Florida

    It's funny/weird/dark/fucked up/good. Set in the early 90's involving people involved with a cult like pyramid scheme.



    Also Kirsten Dunst had a huge rack now? So that's a plus.
    This sounds interesting. Florida is approximately my 48th favourite state.

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Leduc, Alberta
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loved the series, but it wasn't the time shifting or extra dimensions or even the subtitles that complicated things for me. It was the fact that so many of the actors looked the same haha

    - - - Updated - - -

    Interesting little tidbit with Dark. They used a lot of related actors. The hair lip dude that travels in 3 generations of himself all the time, the older 2 are father and son in real life. And Peter(I think that's his name. The deaf girls dad), in prior years when he first arrives in town, they use his real life son to play him.

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting little tidbit with Dark. They used a lot of related actors. The hair lip dude that travels in 3 generations of himself all the time, the older 2 are father and son in real life. And Peter(I think that's his name. The deaf girls dad), in prior years when he first arrives in town, they use his real life son to play him.
    That is interesting... I'd wondered how they'd been able to cast with so much resemblance.

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    It's been mentioned a few times already, but wife and I are really enjoying Bosch on Prime Video. We are 2 seasons in and it's been really engaging. (S2 started out slightly dry but got amazing half way in)

  8. #908
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CEF4
    My Ride
    Ralli Machine
    Posts
    1,956
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Finished 'For All Mankind' yesterday finally. Really really good.

    Also going through all my history on youtube and Netflix. Finally got a chance to watch 'The Dirt' about Motley Crue. So good.
    Cos...

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 328i, 2009 Murano
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm in the middle of watching "Warrior Nun" at the moment. Kind of slow, and very "conspiracy theory" at times. Not in a mad rush to finish it, but will slowly get through it.

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '10 CTS
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Holy shit!
    I've mentioned earlier that I'm a big Michael Connelly reader and the Bosch series has really blown me away.

    So Mrs. Penguin was watching some silly Hallmarkish movie the other night, and the leading actor looked familiar to both of us.
    She asked who he was, so I IMDBed him. Hmm nope, never heard of him.
    But the leading actress looked interesting, so I clicked on her. Arielle Kebbel.
    Reading through her bio, I saw Robot Chicken, Ballers, Fifty Shades Freed.... then I saw Amelia Sachs.
    I'm like wait, what? Lincoln Rhyme's Amelie Sachs??? Jefferey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme? He's another of my favourite authors.
    Then I remembered seeing something a while ago about a series based on the books.
    Added it to Sonarr, and downloaded the series.

    Holy shit, it delivers! Well cast, even though the actor playing Rhyme is nothing like I imagined, he's nailing the part.
    Plus, Michael Imperioli? He just fucking rocks in anything he's done.
    So yeah, I'll be binge watching Lincoln Rhyme this week.

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Axis powers
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Been watching a lot global of OnDemand lately

    SWAT
    Seal Team
    FBI
    FBI most wanted
    Tommy
    NCIS LA

    All were pretty good, need something else
    Sig nuked by mod.

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    4,961
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Billions continues to knock it out of the park for me
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Leduc, Alberta
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Billions continues to knock it out of the park for me
    I totally forgot the new season had dropped awhile back. Thanks for the reminder, I'll be on this soon.

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    YVR
    Posts
    4,983
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Billions is amazing.

    Just finished Bosch....well all 6 seasons of Bosch over ~4 months. Managed to watch 1/2 episode most nights when putting our baby to sleep haha. What an amazing show. Can't wait for new season.
    Any other crime shows out there with this quality?

  15. #915
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S4
    Posts
    2,560
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Billions is amazing.

    Just finished Bosch....well all 6 seasons of Bosch over ~4 months. Managed to watch 1/2 episode most nights when putting our baby to sleep haha. What an amazing show. Can't wait for new season.
    Any other crime shows out there with this quality?
    The Wire. It gets pretty heavy/dark at times though.

  16. #916
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    7,389
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    I like the Bosch books. Are there "the wire" books?
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is the best, just like Phil Collins' mullet.

  17. #917
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    YVR
    Posts
    4,983
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Wire. It gets pretty heavy/dark at times though.
    Have watched The Wire 3x over possibly best TV series of all time IMO. Bosch had a similar feel I guess though The Wire was on a next level in terms of looking at the social issues that led to crime.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46

Similar Threads

  1. Sony TVs will be watching you

    By old&slow in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 23
    Latest Threads: 02-24-2009, 12:37 AM
  2. Problem watching You Tube videos

    By Ekliptix in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 10-31-2008, 08:49 PM
  3. Google Map is Watching You...

    By cdnsir in forum Misc. Gallery
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 03-24-2008, 07:05 PM
  4. Yeah, we's watching you.

    By Canmorite in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 59
    Latest Threads: 07-01-2006, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •