Quantcast
Vehicle Emissions Standards in AB - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Emissions Standards in AB

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Default Vehicle Emissions Standards in AB

Vehicle emissions standards being considered by #abgov as result of Canadian Ambient Air Quality results
    https://twitter.com/LedgeWatcher/sta...11742070816768

Enviro Minister says they can now take a more rigorous approach to license renewal
    https://twitter.com/LedgeWatcher/sta...14462236393472

Given this information, I encourage everyone to participate and share your thoughts with the newly appointed Climate Change Panel regardless of whether you are for or against emissions testing. As a straightpiped rotary driver, I may be more scared than some others....

Engagement options include taking a survey, attending an open house, or providing written submissions.

http://alberta.ca/climate-leadership.cfm

My Ride
    Silverado

How can they be wheeling this shit out but be so fucking mum on the budget?

Answer: cause Tommy Boy won't let them release it. Alberta is already screwed, but if Ottawa gets direct control over us we are so fucked, so so so fucked.

Oh we're fucked. looking at the board here comes $300 dollar a year emission testing for cars.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 09-09-2015 at 02:59 PM.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

If car enthusiasts can get on in California, I think we'll be ok.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Answer: cause Tommy Boy won't let them release it. Alberta is already screwed, but if Ottawa gets direct control over us we are so fucked, so so so fucked.

Oh we're fucked. looking at the board here comes $300 dollar a year emission testing for cars.
    Yup, what we need is more government BS. Vehicle emission standards are federally mandated much like oh say the noise levels.

My Ride
    Silverado

doing the survey of course they have the stacked question where you have to select one of the fucked policies as your favorite. and then they will tout that shit.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Worst case is that I would have to re-cat a couple of my older cars. I'd prefer not to have to buy more parts if I could avoid it. If they grandfathered old cars in, it wouldn't affect me, but across the board limits might be a tricky one.

I'm not sure how this would help reduce CO2 emissions though which seems to be the bigger target than smog.

I'm all for more rigorous vehicle registration/renewal procedures to get some shitboxes with broken tail lights and bald tires off the road. Of course that's not at all what they use this for, but whatever.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Mibz
    I'm all for more rigorous vehicle registration/renewal procedures to get some shitboxes with broken tail lights and bald tires off the road. Of course that's not at all what they use this for, but whatever.
    My take exactly.

While we are at it, we should reinstate DMV where all testing (driving or emission) to be performed by government employees that has no conflict of interest.

We have some many shitty drivers since we went to private testing.

Letting private garages do testing means just taking more $ out of owners and into mechanics.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-09-2015 at 03:31 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Even green hippie BC got rid of it last year because it's a huge waste of money.

So this all stems from this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ster-1.3221336

WTF is in Red Deer that causes poor air quality? Is it cars from it's 90,000 residents? And if not, why the hell are they focusing on vehicles?

The California argument is silly. The reason why car enthusiasts get away with it in California (and other states that regulate regular testing) is because people break the laws and cheat, similar to how some places pass OOP on cars that are shit. It fixes nothing.

There are guys in Cali that engine swap before/after a test every 2 years.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 10:51 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

C'mon guys. The whole vehicle emissions is a side circus compared to what's really going on. But I bet most people at the numerous car show and shines/cruise nights around the province wouldn't like to hear it. Not to mention, the lifted rigs with the DEF delete kits.

So just more nanny state bullshit. Softening the blow for more regs.

What's really going is apparently Phillips doesn't want to settle with just damaging the O&G industry. She also wants to take on chemical plants and maybe even agriculture with this one.

Apparently, the Red Deer area has some horrible air quality. Lol. Lived around here my entire life and never heard that one before. Completely disagree with it.

She wants to consult with industry in the area in the region. i.e. Nova Chemicals.... owned by IPIC. Would be very interesting to see how the guys at IPIC handled being told to lower their production or invest in tech for a cleaner process.

Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Well there's got to be some people out there happy with this including numerous beyond members because the NDP got in with quite a majority - I guess there just wasn't enough old grey haired fuckers like myself who didn't vote NDP.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I repent, I was wrong, fuck everything to do with the NDP.

Vehicle emissions is both asinine and does have a serious detrimental affect on car culture. I already have a hard enough time INSURING the rally car, now I won't be able to get it to pass registration. God damnit. I REGRET EVERYTHING.

Originally posted by rage2

WTF is in Red Deer that causes poor air quality? Is it cars from it's 90,000 residents? And if not, why the hell are they focusing on vehicles?
    Its the Joffre plantsite area. Central Alberta has the highest per capita incidence rate of asthmatics in Canada too.

"NOVA Chemicals’ Joffre manufacturing facility lies just east of Red Deer, Alberta and is one the largest ethylene and polyethylene production complexes in the world. The site actually consists of five manufacturing facilities: three for ethylene production and two for polyethylene production."

DOW produces some plain bad shit out there that is seriously unhealthy. Places like Agrium producing ammonia based fertilizer isn't so bad, and they haven't had a leak in ages.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Even green hippie BC got rid of it last year because it's a huge waste of money.

So this all stems from this:

The California argument is silly. The reason why car enthusiasts get away with it in California (and other states that regulate regular testing) is because people break the laws and cheat, similar to how some places pass OOP on cars that are shit. It fixes nothing.

Nailed it!

It wouldn't hurt to suggest in panel submissions that they examine BC's system, and why it has been axed.

Completely agree re: Cali... the tuner life out there due to regulations is not something we want to emulate.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Its the Joffre plantsite area. Central Alberta has the highest per capita incidence rate of asthmatics in Canada too.

They must have shoved their testing devices right down a few boiler stacks.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

That I did not know...that's dedication right there

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

So anyways... should everyone with aftermarket exhaust be worried?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Fuck take a page from BC and drop this shit its useless and people find ways around it all the time.

If some stupid shit comes through like this its pretty much going to make most vehicles older than 10 years pretty much be a waste of money.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

They must have shoved their testing devices right down a few boiler stacks.
    You can't really get mad at the NDP about this (loathe as I am to say that), this information has been readily available for decades

I also don't really understand what you are trying to say? Even if it is strictly c02 emissions from burning natural gas to produce energy, its still emissions

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I was going to email my MLA about this, but she's probably too busy with her yoga classes to read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast