Quantcast
New Summer Car! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Summer Car!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default New Summer Car!

Welp, sold the BS last month, a little sad it's gone, and have been hunting for a replacement since then. Nothing really stuck out, new C63S is expensive/crappy rates, M4 was alright (thanks Jordan for the hookup) but after test driving it, wasn't a huge fan of how it drove. Even looked for convertibles to get back into top down motoring, and no deals on the S5 Cab or E550 Cab.

So I went and got this:

2015 Lexus RC-F w/Performance pack in fucking Orange... a little different than my usual cars. Test drove it twice, and it's not as bad as the reviews says it is. Only real negative is understeer approaching the limit at high speeds, which I hope I can dial out with some tweaks. Low speeds, the car is quite tossable, and very predictable sliding the back end through corners. Granted, it's not going to win any races at the track, but for a street car, it's pretty well sorted.

For the money, couldn't turn this down. The discounts Lexus is giving is absolutely ridiculous, you can get a base demo for a little more than a loaded RC 350 F-Sport right now.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Saw a few of these around the city and they sound pretty damn good, I think one of them has the JoeZ exhaust. Nice pick up rage!

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Wow the deal you got must be great considering retail MSRP.
    The colour is bold I will say that.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Congrats! Any plans for it?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I like the color but it's going to hurt resale (if you care about that). What are the tuning/performance options out there for this car? You aren't going to cover this thing with 3M are you?

My Ride
    This and that.

Congrats man, I like it. The colour is different, exactly what I thought about when I changed my car this time. With the current deals on the Lexus, you can't go wrong with that. After you mentioned the deals, it made me double think about my M3 as I pretty much paid exactly what these are going for with incentives. Made me think if I screwed up or what and if I could have gone for a decent brand new car instead. But I guess I always wanted a M3 and never a Lexus so I have come to terms with what I did! Although, I still feel paying the Lexus dealer a visit just to get an idea of things but most likely won't with the fear of getting killed by the wife. Haha.

Anyway, I am sure it's a great car and you'll enjoy it. Congrats again.

EDIT: You got a guy at Lexus that would assist me in running some no pressure numbers just to give me an idea about trading the M3 in and what not? Since it's only been a month since I have had it, I don't think I should lose much on the value...
    Last edited by shakalaka; 09-10-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Originally posted by heavyD
    I like the color but it's going to hurt resale (if you care about that). What are the tuning/performance options out there for this car? You aren't going to cover this thing with 3M are you?
    We've already made some, uh, flamboyant suggestions on wrap colours.

My Ride
    V8s

So that's why you were able to call me out so quick in the 3 cars/$300k thread on my RC-F comment haha. Nice to hear it drives better than the reviews say it does, I'm a big fan of this car.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by ducaudi
    Saw a few of these around the city and they sound pretty damn good, I think one of them has the JoeZ exhaust. Nice pick up rage!
    NA V8 was a big selling point. Car sounded great. Still love NA throttle response.

Originally posted by KRyn
    Wow the deal you got must be great considering retail MSRP.
    The colour is bold I will say that.
    Yea, $10k Lexus Canada incentives plus additional discounts.

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    Congrats! Any plans for it?
    Nope. Drive it like I stole it! Only thing I'll be tweaking is the alignment. The OEM wheels are wide enough to fit more rubber if I need. Just need to dial out that understeer at the limit.

Originally posted by heavyD
    It's already 3M'd. I decided to lease this instead of buying it because ISF resale values are terrible. The nice thing about the incentives and discounts is that they're applied after residual, so you get full value on the discounts. Coupled with 0% interest, it's a pretty solid deal.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I quite like it, but it's definitely not the type of car I'd associate you with.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 02:15 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

huh, you really thought it was better than the M4?

Or is it really just the money that got you into it?

Odd time to buy a summer car
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Cos
    I don't think anyone guessed it on facebook either did they?
    Nope. You guys are out to lunch on FB, no way could I afford a GT3 RS or a McLaren today, nor could I even use it with so many kids to drive around.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    I quite like it, but it's definitely not the type of car I'd associate you with.
    Not Black. Not Mercedes. Not European. Pretty much the complete opposite of what I usually buy. Looking back, it's the first Japanese car I've bought in 12 years if you don't count the Yaris.

Originally posted by killramos
    huh, you really thought it was better than the M4?

Or is it really just the money that got you into it?

Odd time to buy a summer car
    I never said the M4 was a better car. It's much faster, and kills it in every way possible when looking at performance. The M4 is unbelievable in the high speed corners. So neutral, just turns and goes. For how I'm driving the car, I just liked the RC-F better. Better interior, better drift control, better throttle response. None of those seem to matter for others, which is why M4 consistently beats down on the RC-F in reviews.

And yes, the Chinese in me says go for the deal. Best time to buy a summer car right now, if you're going for the deal.

My Ride
    Grimace

I would have never guessed. Nice car but I thought you were smitten with the M4! Nice vomit colored one in my parking lot everyday and now I have grown to like it. The RCF does sound great though.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

One more question!

How does the transmission in the Lexus compare to the BS, BMW and any other cars you test drove?

Okay maybe two, did you get the Performance Package?
    I couldn't imagine this car without a proper differential.

I will also agree to your comment about the N/A V8. Unfortunately it is a dying breed.
    Last edited by KRyn; 09-10-2015 at 01:21 PM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by rage2
    Not Black. Not Mercedes. Not European. Pretty much the complete opposite of what I usually buy. Looking back, it's the first Japanese car I've bought in 12 years if you don't count the Yaris.
    Haha yeah I was thinking of the last car that was an odd choice for you and came to the conclusion this was a step up from the Yaris

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

And yes, the Chinese in me says go for the deal. Best time to buy a summer car right now, if you're going for the deal.
    Except for the 6 months of lease payments you will be making while its parked

How long did you lease for 24? Like paying 25% over MSRP

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by KRyn
    How does the transmission in the Lexus compare to the BS, BMW and any other cars you test drove?
    First test drive, thought the transmission was slow. Click the paddle, nothing happens, holds gears, and eventually it shifts. It got a little better later, I thought I just had to push the paddles harder. Turns out, you have to wait till it warms up before it works properly, and unfortunately, there wasn't a transmission temp gauge. Second test drive, it was really good.

So transmission rankings, the M4 DCT transmission, no competition. It's hands down the best transmission I've driven.

Tied in 2nd place would be the Mercedes 7G-MCT (from my BS) and the RC-F 8 speed. There's some differences between the 2. The RC-F has ever so slightly quicker paddle push to actual shift, while the 7G-MCT is a little firmer on shifts. Overall, both are close, they're both locked up pretty good (MB using wet clutch) so there's no slack in throttle response.

3rd place would be the non BS 7G MCT, which is slightly slower in terms of paddle click to shift time.

4th place would be the ZF 8 speed auto found in BMWs. But it's still a very good gearbox, which goes to show how good automatic transmissions have become.

If you want to throw the GLA45 7 speed DCT in there, it'd be between the first and second. I haven't driven the new C63S yet, so I can't say how good/bad that transmission is. I've heard it's even better than the BS gearbox.

Originally posted by killramos
    Except for the 6 months of lease payments you will be making while its parked
    It makes no difference. 36 months is 36 months. If I lease it now, I'm paying for 6 months of winter first before driving it. If I lease it in the spring, I'm paying for 6 months of winter before I return the car in the final year of the lease.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It makes no difference. 36 months is 36 months. If I lease it now, I'm paying for 6 months of winter first before driving it. If I lease it in the spring, I'm paying for 6 months of winter before I return the car in the final year of the lease.
    Its true its true, i just know it would eat at me personally.

fact.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast