Quantcast
2016 Civic - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Civic

Originally posted by Darkane
    1) nsx
    5) civic si
    Your post had a lot of weird characters that didn't belong so I cleaned it up for you. It's now an accurate list of things that Honda will actually make.

Hondata dyno'd the 1.5T, and got 177hp and 190lb-ft at the wheels, both well above Honda's advertised numbers. Not too bad!

With so few economy cars having turbos to fix the torque problem these days (aside from dedicated performance models) this sets it apart IMO. Especially in Calgary it will probably feel better than most of the competition.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-18-2016 at 02:53 PM.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

^ wow, I'd say!

I'm kinda glad the Si isn't on the horizon yet, I'm not even at 100k on my 07 Si so there's no reason for me to get rid of it yet, but the way the base model specs are looking I expect the new Si to easily sway me into an unnecessary upgrade

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Hondata dyno'd the 1.5T, and got 177hp and 190lb-ft at the wheels, both well above Honda's advertised numbers. Not too bad!

With so few economy cars having turbos to fix the torque problem these days (aside from dedicated performance models) this sets it apart IMO. Especially in Calgary it will probably feel better than most of the competition.
    The turbo is going to be available in manual soon too. Already comes with independent rear suspension and disc brakes all round on ALL MODELS now which is kind of a new thing in this segment.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Apparently Ingen released a CAI for the 1.5T Civic and they claim peak gains of 29HP 25tq to the wheels. Not sure if I buy that, but we will see! Either way the new direction Honda is going is nice to see for once lol.

Last edited by Redlined_8000; 02-18-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Originally posted by schocker

The turbo is going to be available in manual soon too. Already comes with independent rear suspension and disc brakes all round on ALL MODELS now which is kind of a new thing in this segment.
    A manual option will be great, but I'm bummed they didn't release their DCT/torque converter combo on this one. That would be the easy choice (for me anyway).

Their CVT is actually surprisingly good and very responsive, if it's like the one in the Fit, so that won't be too bad either.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I wish they put the 1.5T in the Fit and called it a Fit Si or something. That would be badass.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

A manual option will be great, but I'm bummed they didn't release their DCT/torque converter combo on this one. That would be the easy choice (for me anyway).

Their CVT is actually surprisingly good and very responsive, if it's like the one in the Fit, so that won't be too bad either.
    I've heard great things about the 'DCT' unit in ILX/TLX...

Originally posted by Disoblige
    I wish they put the 1.5T in the Fit and called it a Fit Si or something. That would be badass.
    Can't agree more!!

Thou my question is which tuner will be the first to offer OTS ECU flash. I wonder if the 1.8T can achieve the same kind of performance increase like COBB.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Originally posted by HiSpec

Thou my question is which tuner will be the first to offer OTS ECU flash. I wonder if the 1.8T can achieve the same kind of performance increase like COBB.
    The 1.5T? Most likely it will be Hondata. And yes, a tune on it should be very potent! It is only running 87oct from the factory.
    Last edited by Redlined_8000; 02-18-2016 at 07:57 PM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Honda, this man is a genius. Do what he commands.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by A790

Honda, this man is a genius. Do what he commands.
    Totally. FiST fighter.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

One step at a time.... lets just hope the SI and Type-R Civic don't get fucked up before we start begging for a larger engine in the Fit

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    Apparently Ingen released a CAI for the 1.5T Civic and they claim peak gains of 29HP 25tq to the wheels. Not sure if I buy that, but we will see! Either way the new direction Honda is going is nice to see for once lol.

Ha ha ha. Good luck with that. Likely zero real world gains. I know with Focus ST's the trick is to do a stock baseline pull, install the new part, disconnect the battery then immediately do dyno pulls that show substantial gains when the truth is that the ECU being freshly reset hasn't been able to torque target and compensate as over time it will make adjustments to reduce output to target specs.

My Ride

Originally posted by heavyD

Ha ha ha. Good luck with that. Likely zero real world gains. I know with Focus ST's the trick is to do a stock baseline pull, install the new part, disconnect the battery then immediately do dyno pulls that show substantial gains when the truth is that the ECU being freshly reset hasn't been able to torque target and compensate as over time it will make adjustments to reduce output to target specs.
    Has this been verified on the quarter mile? If that's the case a bone stock example should see increases in output too. Unless the extra air is actually contributing and then having the ecu cut back. All that means isnthe ecu is allowing overboost.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Has this been verified on the quarter mile? If that's the case a bone stock example should see increases in output too. Unless the extra air is actually contributing and then having the ecu cut back. All that means isnthe ecu is allowing overboost.
    It's a torque based control scheme (not boost) so stock also will see an increase in output for a short period of time until the ecu makes adjustments based on quality of fuel, barometric pressure, air temperature etc and makes appropriate adjustments to boost to keep the torque at the factory set point. Adding any mods on a stock tune cannot add much in the way of added horsepower as any added flow gains from say an intake would be compensated for by the ECO lowering boost to meet the stock torque target.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Those adds by AEM, Injen and other companies that advertise crazy hp numbers for an intake are just crazy.

In real life they probably give you like 2whp specially without tuning.

My Ride

Originally posted by heavyD

It's a torque based control scheme (not boost) so stock also will see an increase in output for a short period of time until the ecu makes adjustments based on quality of fuel, barometric pressure, air temperature etc and makes appropriate adjustments to boost to keep the torque at the factory set point. Adding any mods on a stock tune cannot add much in the way of added horsepower as any added flow gains from say an intake would be compensated for by the ECO lowering boost to meet the stock torque target.
    I'd love to see this test at a drag strip. Would be interesting.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I'd love to see this test at a drag strip. Would be interesting.
    Yeah not sure if it's been done but I do know that a few guys disconnect their battery weekly. Not sure if that's a good thing to do long term but most claim they feel more power after doing so.

roofline gay af
    what';s the point f it's not a hatchback???shiet

lok like a fukim turlte

i like the rest
    Last edited by slinkie; 02-21-2016 at 06:09 PM.

My Ride
    a wrx.

In most turbo applications, intake flow restriction is not a thing until you hit 400+ whp. All an intake would do is mess with the AF. Lean, more power, until ecu figures out how to dial back timing to protect the engine...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast