Quantcast
Mechanic 4 hire? Need clutch changed.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Mechanic 4 hire? Need clutch changed..

My Ride
    Eclipse

Default Mechanic 4 hire? Need clutch changed..

I'm not sure if this is the right section or not but my 00 Eclipse GT 3.0L is going to need it's clutch replaced pretty soon and since the value of the car is not worth much I was hoping not to have to pay a certified mechanic shop and pay double or triple, I'm hoping someone can do this from their own home?

I've checked Kijiji and know there is a few guys that will do it cheaper but hoping to have someone a bit more reputable from beyond.
    I could supply the parts from online since they are a lot cheaper, i'm just hoping someone can give me a PM regarding price for labor.

Ive read online around 5hrs and got quoted for 6hrs at the shops...

Thanks
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Depending on the vehicle, you could also hire someone at the U-wrench place to work on your car as well.

Perhaps bring a new flywheel as well instead of trying to machine it. Less time on the hoist that way - unless flywheel is stupid pricey. There might be other things to replace at the same time as well (eg main seal).

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by revelations
    Depending on the vehicle, you could also hire someone at the U-wrench place to work on your car as well.

Perhaps bring a new flywheel as well instead of trying to machine it. Less time on the hoist that way - unless flywheel is stupid pricey. There might be other things to replace at the same time as well (eg main seal).
    I never knew about U-wrech, thanks! I'll def go there and ask! I think a new one is around $150cad and i think to machine it by Canadian tire or someone costs $125ish?

If thats the case i'd just buy a new one...

Still willing to ask if any beyonders would like to take on the project I still have awhile on the clutch but its def slipping now...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Definitely take it to a machine shop, not canadian tire.

If it doesn't have any visible heat spots you can just buzz it down with a polishing disc and slap a clutch on it if you're not too invested in the car.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

If you do go to U wrench, make SURE you buy parts that you may need - eg. rear oil seal/gaskets and any special nuts/bolts (eg if exhaust needs to come off).

If they are fine, reuse them and return the unopened items.

Sometimes CVs are done at the same time as well.....

My Ride
    Toyota

bump i need a new clutch soon too

where did you end up taking it? did they do a good job and how much approx was it