Quantcast
VW's Cheated EPA test Automaker faces $18B in fines. - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: VW's Cheated EPA test Automaker faces $18B in fines.

My Ride
    4x4

I'd say there's more that'll be caught with some funky tunes in certain conditions...

My ram - at 60mph - was a completely different animal than at 100
    Km/h - around 2½L/100km better... 3½km/h doesn't make a dent that drastic, and 90km/h wasn't more fuel efficient than 60mph...

Tell me there wasnt some fudgery in the tune

My Ride
    Trucks

GM trucks are also famous for fucking with the speedo to get better mileage. They read high between 90-110 kph or so then are magically accurate again above 110 and at slower speeds.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by rage2

Source?
    Can't find it now, was to do with the euro emission standards. I believe it was all real world testing like you said. I was only making assumptions on others gaming the VW way.

Read wrong,. 95% testsed emitted more than euro standards so same article I think.

http://arstechnica.com/cars/2015/10/...ons-standards/
    Last edited by schocker; 10-10-2015 at 07:54 AM.

My Ride
    GT TDi

2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Originally posted by jonsey737

How can she be okay with Audi but not VW?
    Not all Audis are involved in the emissions scandal? At least that is what I understand.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/audi-con...dal-1443436979

The vast majority of the affected Audi vehicles, or just over two million cars, were sold in Europe, while about 13,000 were sold in the U.S. and Canada, Mr. De Graeve said. None of the affected vehicles were sold in China or Japan, he added. Audi said the affected models include the A1, A3, A4, A5, A6, TT, Q3 and Q5.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 10-09-2015 at 02:46 PM.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Having been involved in the auto industry since the late 90s at both the dealership and corporate level I can tell you that there are a lot of worse scandals that never make it to the papers. Unfortunately all car companies have skeletons in their closets. This is going to cost a lot of companies a lot of money.

If you want to read about some other interesting scandals read about the scandals that the EPA creates.

this was just recently

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2015/1...to-creek-again

"Other than spilling cancer triggering agents into the town’s water source, the EPA seems to have a problem notifying the public of its mishaps. Although the EPA claims to have told public works officials about the spill as soon as it had happened, the mayor of Crested Butte says he didn’t know anything till Thursday.

At the time, EPA officials said, “Subsequent investigation found no visible plume or signs of significant impacts in downstream locations,” which contradicts the findings by state organizations."
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 10-09-2015 at 09:14 PM.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

VAG says 3L diesel isn't affected. EPA and Environment Canada says otherwise. Porsche is now on the list.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...sche/75044132/

But Monday's announcement broadens the scandal to more than 10,000 new vehicles in the U.S.: the 3-liter diesel engine versions of the 2014 Volkswagen Touareg, the 2015 Porsche Cayenne, and the 2016 Audi A6 Quattro, A7 Quattro, A8, A8L, and Q5.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

COME ON TOUAREG SALES

This is going to be the big dick slapping the industry has needed for a long time. Though governments coming up with arbitrary emissions regulations are just as much to blame if you ask me. Not to mention lack of enforcement of cars on the road rather than just from the factories.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

Not all Audis are involved in the emissions scandal? At least that is what I understand.
    Not all VW's are involved in the emissions scandal, either. If your wife is 'anti-vw' because of this, I would expect she'll be anti-everyotherbrand after investigating the industry a bit further.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Originally posted by zipdoa

Not all VW's are involved in the emissions scandal, either. If your wife is 'anti-vw' because of this, I would expect she'll be anti-everyotherbrand after investigating the industry a bit further.
    My wife also won't do business with any of the makers who took bail-out money, she asks a few times a year to remind her again of who they were. I tried to explain it was about saving an industry, jobs, economy, etc. It would be somewhat like Canada stopping the domestic oil business, it can't be allowed happen. Now I'm reading used VW TDI models are falling in price at wholesale auctions in the USA, the figure of 11% was offered as the average. Deal time?
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 11-03-2015 at 09:44 AM.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

My wife also won't do business with any of the makers who took bail-out money, she asks a few times a year to remind her again of who they were. I tried to explain it was about saving an industry, jobs, economy, etc. It would be somewhat like Canada stopping the domestic oil business, it can't be allowed happen. Now I'm reading used VW TDI models are falling in price at wholesale auctions in the USA, the figure of 11% was offered as the average. Deal time?
    Good for her taking the moral high-ground. I guess she doesn't purchase gasoline or plastic products?

Trolling, but making it obvious that there are no 'sinless' products.
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Bicycle

http://jalopnik.com/oh-good-volkswag...e-g-1740361352

More emission issue, now CO2 on gasoline engines on 800k cars.

At first I was joking about using this to negotiate a deal on my wife's Golf R. Now I legitimately have to worry that they're going to release some neutering software update down the line because of emissions, and that's scary.

Oh if you guys think this is good just wait for the news tomorrow....
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

My Ride
    '15 Golf GTI, '10 Jetta TDI

This?

Is this VW being over-cautious? I ask because I haven't heard of anyone commenting on forums about this issue with their '15s, but maybe there have been people affected.. you seen/heard of any?
    Last edited by alanaround; 11-04-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Your wife sounds like a new gen hippie who fight the sake of fighting. Everything in the world is morally wrong if you dig deep enough.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Mibz
    At first I was joking about using this to negotiate a deal on my wife's Golf R. Now I legitimately have to worry that they're going to release some neutering software update down the line because of emissions, and that's scary.
    Nothing an APR tune won't cure (or any other tune really).

Buy it now before the prices skyrocket as a cash grab, lol.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

If you're a TDi owner (specific year only) make sure to register for your voucher!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/volk...hers-1.3310697
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    NC1

Wait where do I register? I want some free shit. 2012 Golf TDi right here.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

You might want to check the terms and conditions of registering before doing so.

By signing it, you may be agreeing to a whole bunch of shit that you don't want to deal with and will be legally obligated to do so.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast