Quantcast
NDP to table budget one week after overlord mulcair is done campaigning - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NDP to table budget one week after overlord mulcair is done campaigning

My Ride
    Grimace

Default NDP to table budget one week after overlord mulcair is done campaigning

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ocks-1.3240023

Her government's first budget, which will be tabled the week of Oct. 26, will act as a "shock absorber" to cushion the bumpy economic road, Notley said.
    No cuts at all to public sector as stated by ceci remember.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Anyone surprised? NDP government makes those who are "too successful" pay more, even when no jobs are around, but increases union/public sector jobs
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Nothing

How can they believe this drivel?
    "
    A good environmental record is now "the price of admission" to the very export markets Alberta resource companies are seeking
    "

Because the world has stopped buying goods from places like China
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

No one should be surprised. The NDP are the same all over Canada because each provincial party reports, and bows down, to the federal NDP demands.

History always repeats itself because:

a) humans are too stupid to look at other examples of NDP stupidity in Canada from the last 25 years and b) humans forget recent history
    Last edited by revelations; 09-23-2015 at 08:24 PM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

So happy I moved out of Alberta.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

What? NDP cronyism protecting their largest corporate lobbyists, Unions? Noooooo.....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    01 i30

Increased infrastructure spending is a good move.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

At least AB cant end up with this specific example of monumental waste ..... 500 million $$ in the toilet in BC in the late 90s after the NDP decided how, when and where to build ferries and ignored all recommendations from people who actually knew about these things.

They ended up being sold for LESS than scrap by the Liberal govt -

She's too busy campaigning out east for Mulcair.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/09/2...echoes-mulcair

The day after federal NDP Leader Thomas Mulcair announced his plan to introduce a second National Energy Program (NEP) if he is elected on Oct. 19, Alberta NDP Premier Rachel Notley was in Montreal Monday announcing our province’s surrender to Mulcair-like thinking.

No doubt the NDP will object to my characterization of their platform as NEP II. Too bad.

Mulcair proposes a national cap-and-trade scheme. Companies that are large-scale emitters of carbon dioxide would have to buy carbon “credits” – a form of carbon tax – that Mulcair would then “redistribute” to other provinces.

That is exactly what the NEP did back in the 1980s. It imposed an excise tax on oil (i.e. on Alberta), in order to raise funds that Ottawa could redistribute to other provinces.

Mulcair’s NEP 2.0 would impose a carbon tax that would disproportionately punish greenhouse gas emissions. Since Alberta remains the nation’s largest energy supplier, this tax would fall disproportionately on us.

Alberta is already far-and-away the largest per capita contributor to Confederation, just as it was during NEP I. But just as Pierre Trudeau didn’t care about that in the 1980s (because we didn’t vote Liberal), Mulcair is unimpressed with Alberta’s current contribution because we are unlikely to elect many NDP MPs.

Like Trudeau, Mulcair sees Alberta as a bad provincial citizen that must be forced to share more of its good fortune with provinces that are more likely to vote for his party, like Quebec.

Which brings us to Premier Notley and her “Montreal Surrender.”

First of all, what is Notley doing making a big announcement on energy and environmental policy in Montreal rather than in the province she leads?

Was she too afraid of the reaction if she made the announcement in Calgary or Edmonton? Or is she generally just more interested in pleasing others over Albertans?

Remember when Notley was last in Quebec in July she all but promised Quebec a veto over pipeline projects, such as the $12-billion Energy East that would take Alberta bitumen to ports and refineries in Quebec and New Brunswick.

Technically, Notley did not agree to let Quebec obstruct the pipeline over Premier Philippe Couillard’s concerns about pipeline safety, wildlife habitat, First Nations’ objections, route selection or belugas in the St. Lawrence. Technically, Notley granted Couillard the right to block Energy East only if Quebec is unimpressed by Notley’s upcoming climate change policy.

But that’s a distinction without a difference.

So I guess it’s no surprise that when Notley was speaking in Montreal on Monday she gave in – again. This time she said that even if Alberta did not go along with Mulcair’s cap-and-trade, it would be a good little province and capitulate to Mulcair’s climate alarmism and self-impose similar restrictions.

Notley also spoke fairy tales in Montreal.

She said Alberta would stop using coal to generate electricity (it accounts for 55 per cent of our supply) “without imposing unnecessary price shocks on consumers or risking security of supply.” Then she said coal would be replaced with renewable sources such as solar, wind and bio. This conversion is already being tried in Ontario with a 40-per-cent increase in electricity price already and 40 per cent more expected over the next three years.

And Mother Goose Rachel insisted Alberta “will remain open to investment,” while her government has already raised corporate and personal taxes, raised the price of carbon emissions (with much more to come), raised the minimum wage by 50 per cent and is hoping to impose new environmental regulations and even higher royalties and gasoline taxes.

A Quebec audience may think it possible to do such diametrically opposed things at once; an Alberta audience wouldn’t. Which may explain why she made her announcement there rather than here.

[email protected]

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by FraserB
    Anyone surprised? NDP government makes those who are "too successful" pay more, even when no jobs are around, but increases union/public sector jobs

Well said, by someone who's obviously educated and successful.

This year, I gave it my all, my season is about to end in about 2 more weeks, and then I'm off for the next 6 months. Next year I'm not planning on trying hard, no point, I'll just end up paying more for it. I'll be laying off at least half my crews, thats at least 11 trades that now need to find new jobs, in a shrinking market.. Hope Alberta chokes on its NDP decision.

My Ride
    Silverado

We're already fucked. But if the federal NDP win they're going to take away the lube.

I hope Hitempguy is happy.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by InRich

Next year I'm not planning on trying hard, no point, I'll just end up paying more for it. I'll be laying off at least half my crews, thats at least 11 trades that now need to find new jobs, in a shrinking market.
    I thought you treated them like family? So you aren't going to try hard for them? You'd rather put 11 guys out of work, and make them and their families suffer, just because you have to pay another percent or two in taxes?

You're a real winner there pal.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 01:09 PM.

My Ride
    Z

HEALTH CARE. We NEED cuts in health care. It's ridiculous. Straight up
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I thought you treated them like family? So you aren't going to try hard for them? You'd rather put 11 guys out of work, and make them and their families suffer, just because you have to pay another percent or two in taxes?

are you an idiot? or just playing one whenever your on here? or just trying to get a rise out of me? which one is it?

If the economies gonna go to shit, people arn't gonna fucking paint their houses are they?

Guaranteed you voted NDP, your just that kinda person. dumb.

I launched a business not too long ago and so far it has been a great success. Closing up your business because taxes rise by a couple % seems like a pretty weak excuse. Do like other businesses do and increase your rates. I suppose its just easier blaming somebody else on your success or lack there of.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by InRich

If the economies gonna go to shit, people arn't gonna fucking paint their houses are they?
    The economies already gone to shit because of $30 oil. If you want to blame the NDP, go right on ahead, but they didn't cause it. If you think it's their non existant budget is also stopping the serious players, then you're a bigger fool than you sound.

Giving up, just because times get tough, and the gravy train is over? Quite a few business owners here on Beyond, but you are the only whiny bitch about it. If you hate it so much, just go move to Ontario. Lots of work for you there.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I know right? His post reads like a childish "That will show you, NDP!!!!" outburst.

So far I haven't seen anyone on beyond back up claims about the NDP destroying the economy aside from the whole "The sky is falling!!!!!!!!" routine.
    Though I suppose if enough people have a hissy fit and drop half their company, the economy would definitely tank.

Oh and before the inevitable question, not that it matters. I did not vote for NDP.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast