Quantcast
Which bank do you use? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which bank do you use?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by Disoblige
    PC points is badass, and I like shopping at No Frills too hahaha.
    I could totally see how being with PCF could save you even more money as it's more points towards groceries.

Now if they can give you PC points at T&T now too.

If you have a PC Mastercard, you get PC points anywhere you spend that is Loblaws I believe. Even Shoppers Drug Mart nets you PC Points now.

I had $480 in points last year and then I got the PCF World Elite card and collecting 30 points/$1 spent now.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    is broken

TD here. No problems Maybe its because im in a small town but they rarely push the sales bullshit and the tellers always understand when you say no.

Everyday Chequing Account, Small LOC, Student loan, and a TD Aeroplan Visa.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

Originally posted by dj_rice

If you have a PC Mastercard, you get PC points anywhere you spend that is Loblaws I believe. Even Shoppers Drug Mart nets you PC Points now.

I had $480 in points last year and then I got the PCF World Elite card and collecting 30 points/$1 spent now.
    the 30 points/$1 is only at their stores/shoppers (3% cashback)

everywhere else it's 10 points which is equivalent to 1% cashback

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

TD for personal, Scotia for personal/business.

Both are a pain in the ass.

Originally posted by ickyflex

Explain to me how you saved $3,000
    Prior to PCF I was paying about $7-$10 in bank fees per month, so that in itself is about $850, I had a mortgage with them for the first five years, equal interest rate as the other banks plus I received $250/ year average . $1250 for the mortgage. I pay all my bills using my PCF MasterCard, points and according to my statement to date I've earned $1670. I'm not Asian so I had my wife do the math and she tells me it is about $3770.

To date I've paid a few bucks for pulling money out of a non CIBC bank machine, e-mail money to my daughter and other misc. stuff.

If I ran a business then I might consider a different bank.

Note;
    The mortgage rates were different in the beginning, now they have different rates if you want the PC points, when I got my mortgage there was no difference.
    The bank account comes with unlimited debit use, no minimum balance, free cheques.
    In the beginning I calculated a difference of nine times in favor of PC points vs Air Miles. Not sure what it is today.
    Interest rates are not that high but you should consider the fact that not paying the bank money and them giving you money does have a cost or savings.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

TD for daily stuff.

No monthly fees, yearly fee for Visa waived, free cheques etc... Probably about $400 worth of points from the card.

Mortgage is with a CU that pays me a profit share every year, RRSPs and investments are with a financial management company.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

HSBC fully free banking.
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    1967 Chevelle Panty Dropper
    2003 GMC SLE 1500HD Donkey Hauler
    2013 Ram Longhorn w/ a 6" lift and 35s
    2017 Nissan Maxima

My Ride
    Hybrid

TD All-inclusive for everyday banking, have had no issues with service, great hours and branch availability.

National Bank Engineers' Package for mortgage and HELOC - if you want a complete mindfuck of a banking experience, give these guys a shot.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by killramos

My wife uses Scotia, they are a joke to deal with on any serious matters. Without going into to much detail they are completely incompetent at every turn
    20+ year Scotia customer here, can confirm they are completely useless. Trying to do business accounts with them is even worse. Between my personal accounts, business, and mortgages, I've got ~15 Scotia accounts and they're going to lose 90% of them. I think I'll give ATB a shot for some of my accounts and see how they do.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Have three business accounts and a business CC with Scotia, as well as a personal chequing, a mortgage, HELOC, and LOC.

Tried to add my bookkeeper (and wife) to my business accounts to be able to phone in to chat. First CSR said it was possible if I gave written permission. Second CSR that it's impossible and I have to make her a signing authority.

Then I tried to get clarity regarding some charges on my business chequing account, and the CSR said I need to make an appointment with my small business advisor to discuss any charges and that I can't do it over the phone.

Just about ready to walk away from Scotia.

Incompetent is right.

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Altima

I've used RBC, TD and BMO.

RBC hours and customer service is the main reason I switched to TD. It was a very short time before I realized that TD really didn't give a shit about their new customers and were constantly trying to up sell everything, so I left. BMO ive been with for 8 years, by far the best bank I've ever had to deal with. I even moved my Investments to BMO Nesbitt.
    Originally posted by WongYue

10% of a litre bike throttle should mean a 100cc right? I think I can handle that.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea I pulled all of my wife's stuff out of Scotia last tax season when they were incapable of providing even the most basic level of information on my wife's accounts for back taxes. Like deleting records of accounts which was their own screw up and then trying to charge me a 50 dollar per page document retrieval fee. They couldn't even find stuff from the past year. Somehow RBC manages to let me view every transaction I have made with them across a number of accounts since I started with them when I was 14. Online.

I had a "business" bank account with Scotia when I ran a school team in university as well. Like pulling teeth to even get in and see them.

Added her on one of my extra VIP accounts with RBC and between that and an esavings it takes care of all of her more formal banking needs at no additional cost to me.

No way I can bank with someone that I can't count on when shit hits the fan. RBC has always been good in that regard.

She can suck up paying for cineplex movies again
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Switched from BMO to RBC about 8 years ago for all my banking needs. Business and personal. No issues. Never a need to step inside a B&M branch, everything done online.
    Real handy having everything together. Also a $10,000 limit for EMT's so I do all my payroll online. I don't think I even have any checks anymore.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I bank with TD. I used to work there so I know the products. The banks do not help you. I spent a bit of my time there undoing bullishit investments other colleagues had done and actually helping customers. It gave me a insight of how to use the banks.
    I looked at moving but keeping minimum balance helps and I have some accounts shared for emergencies. So was not worth moving.

I use CIBC for my primary. we have a ATB and PC account for alternatives.

I've been with CIBC for probably 6 years now, and no complaints yet. I'm not loyal to them, but I ended up having my mortgage on my primary home through them because they were the most aggressive for getting my business, and I just renewed with them on it as well. I also use them for my RRSPs and TSFAs for trading through their investors edge company. 25k balance and its free of annual service fees, plus its 6.95 a trade no matter how low your balance is, which isn't bad. They have a million CC's to choose from, I just went with a high points one with high interest because I dont carry a balance. I do not remember them having a low interest CC though. If you carry a balance they waive fees too on your bank account (I use their crappiest account for 3.50 a month in fees, which get waived if I keep a balance of 2g or something?)

People at the branches are so hit or miss though. It seems the big branches have solid staff who know WTF they are doing, but the little remote locations have these fuck offs that dont even understand how a mortgage works (tried getting a rough preapproved amount at a branch by my work and the lady was like ok go make an offer and then bring that to me with the address and I'll see if you qualify....)

RBC i was with for 25 years, and that bank is shit.

Would you like to investigated for money laundering because you do business overseas? Bank with RBC.

Would you like to be lied to by your home bank manager who all of a sudden refuses to do something you've been having them do forever and claims they never were allowed to do that and never would have done it.... and then walk into another random branch 15 minutes later and have them do it no problem? RBC is the bank for you.

Speaking to the above, they would literally suck your dick if you had a good balance. put 25 or 50k in your account and watch the branch manager walk by to see if there is anything else they can do for you. Run no balance and watch them treat you like a black guy at a KKK rally.

They were always the last bank to get on board with the modern world too. The guy in this thread saying they aren't open late.... well ya, they might be now, but he was pretty accurate for how RBC was not very long ago. I remember when TD had banking hours until 8pm, and then all the other banks started getting on board, well, RBC was still shut at 4pm every day, and I remember RBC being closed during lunch hours at one time not that long ago.

The one thing I liked about RBC is they did have a CC that was 10% interest. That was good for me at the time as I often carried a balance. I see right now they do 11.99 at lowest and its only $20 for an annual fee, but that's still lower than CIBC's.

ATB I find is pretty meh. Nothing about them has impressed me so far and we've had a few problems with them. The saddest one is their people can't do simple math and do not understand how math on mortgages work. A property I flipped I had a mortgage with them that only lasted 3 months because there was no fees to cancel. They took an extra payment and were arguing that the math was correct. It was mindnumbingly obvious that they made a mistake, but everyone who looked it over said no, it's all correct, no extra payment taken (over 5 people, escalated more than once)...... until a branch manager looked it over and in literally 10 seconds or less said, this doesn't add up, we did take an extra payment. It took about a month to get that sorted out, and then about 6 weeks to get the money back.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

RBC for personal/business. Will be moving everything away from them as soon as my mortgage is up for renewal as when my mortgage started I gave them two months heads up for the possession date which I had documented in multiple places and ways and they were three days late forwarding the money, builder charged me $1000 in interest and they refused to accept fault and cover it.

Banks are just like mechanics, dentists, ISP's, cable providers, cel providers, hairstylists, etc, etc, etc.

Everyone has a favorite, everyone has a horror story, and everyone has an experience of how theirs is the best. The fact is, there is no one that is better than another.
    Same shit different pile.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

TD for personal and business accounts. Also have RRSP, TFSA, RESP and trading accounts with them. Also have the Infinite Visa.

RBC is my original bank and I have a few dollars there only. Have the AVION card but should probably cancel since I mainly use the Scotia Momentum card.

Scotiabank as I had our mortgage there. Mortgage is now with someone else. I use their Visa card majority of the time as we put almost everything on it.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    The fact is, there is no one that is better than another.
    Same shit different pile.
    There is, but it depends on what the person is looking for in a bank, because they're all shitty and great in different ways. Find the one that their shit doesn't bother you and the good things about them work for you.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Active TD and RBC customer.

Hated CIBC/Scotiabank in the past.

CC is PCF. No hassle claim is the main reason. It's not hard to spend it on food and crap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast