Quantcast
Which bank do you use? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Which bank do you use?

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

Tangerine for a TFSA and a chequeing account, racking up double interest for the first 6 months so that's cool. I plan to really utilize my TFSA. All online, easy to use app.

ATB Financial for personal. I'm not quite sure why I'm even with this bank anymore, it's been over 12 years now and want to try something new. May just move everything to Tangerine.

CC is Scotia Scene card, free movies for the last two years especially since I used it to pay two $7k car downpayments (one was mine, one a friend who didn't have points to collect so paid with my CC and then cut me a cheque as long as I took them to movies lol) which I was surprised, as I was sure I read somewhere they cap you at 300 points per day maximum. 14 free movies just for using the card twice. Plus the 5 free ones I got when I signed up for the card. Points have run dry though, might ditch it for something with better reward points (e.g. for travel).

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

TD for personal, leave $5k just like everyone else here for free banking. all my investments are with td waterhouse self directed

RBC for business. RBC's business e-account is great, no fees/min balance as long as everything you do is electronic (no cheques, cash deposits, etc). perfect for my kind of business

haven't paid a single fee for banking for years

I'm with ATB and Tangerine. I'll never deal with anyone other than ATB for daily banking for as long as I'm in Alberta. I have an MBNA World Elite CC.

RBC wouldn't give me full funding prior to school so I hold that against them. TD gave me full funding but they were incredibly frustrating to deal with. They kept freezing my student LOC even though I would send them proof of enrollments annually. They wouldn't even warn me, just freeze it and let me find out when I need money and can't access it.

Scotia is happy to give me a $150k LOC without an issue, but apparently I have too much student debt to have one of their high end credit cards even though I've never missed a payment on anything in my life. Applying for a Tangerine credit card is the same crap. They pissed me off so much that I'll eventually close all of my Tangerine accounts now that Scotia owns them.

As mentioned above, people will tell you positives and negatives about every bank. Find one or two that work for you and if anyone pisses you off just don't give them your business.

EQ bank for my savings. TD for chequing. MBNA for CC. Questrade for investments (both RRSP and TFSA).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4