Quantcast
Guy backed into my Car - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guy backed into my Car

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Kinda hard to load groceries when your vehicle hatch/trunk is backed up against another - then there is the moving of groceries by hand beside your car.

I think this is going to be 50/50. In my mind you weren't stationary. Stationary would be like parked, not moving at all in your spot. It sucks, but good luck.

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    This is one of the reasons I always back in to a stall... Not sure why it isn't mandatory to teach people this, saves a lot of grief. It's actually a lot easier once you learn it and technically gives a vehicle more maneuverability.
    Originally posted by Disoblige

Imagine if the rule was all cars had to back into spaces? T&T parking lot would have 2000% increase in accidents.
    Working in OG this makes total sense in case of an emergency, but in a shopping mall, not so much. If this was a rule, I would park as far away as possible in and around Asian shopping areas. I remember back in the day there were a few tight parking lots in China town and many times after sitting there being blocked by someone who was doing an Austin Powers park job and couldn't get in/out of a spot, I would tell them to get out of the car and I would finish the job for them.

My Ride
    something green

In Japan, people look at you like you are fucked up,if you don't back into the stall.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by botox
    I think this is going to be 50/50. In my mind you weren't stationary. Stationary would be like parked, not moving at all in your spot. It sucks, but good luck.

What makes you think I wasn't stationary? I had my foot on the brakes. What reason do I have to lie on an online forum. It's not like I'm here to plead my case to the insurance/adjuster. I just came to ask advice/personal experience. No I was not parked, but I'm using the literal term for stationary (not in motion). Yes I realize now it may not help me win my case, but I was by definition, stationary.

I'm usually 50/50. Sometimes I back in, sometimes I drive in. In this case, I doubt it would have prevented the accident. I watched him the whole time which is why I was able to honk at him. He didn't see me which is why he backed into me.
    Last edited by jsn; 09-29-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Originally posted by jsn

What makes you think I wasn't stationary? I had my foot on the brakes. What reason do I have to lie on an online forum. It's not like I'm here to plead my case to the insurance/adjuster. I just came to ask advice/personal experience. No I was not parked, but I'm using the literal term for stationary (not in motion). Yes I realize now it may not help me win my case, but I was by definition, stationary.

I'm usually 50/50. Sometimes I back in, sometimes I drive in. In this case, I doubt it would have prevented the accident. I watched him the whole time which is why I was able to honk at him. He didn't see me which is why he backed into me.
    That was not what I meant and not accusing you of lying at all and I believe it's 100% the other guys fault for not seeing you come out first. I'm just saying that you said you were stopped/stationary but you were probably still in gear coming out of your spot. To me a parked vehicle is stationary, but I'm not an insurance agent and this is just my take on how insurance may look at it. Sorry for the wording confusion, I really do hope you don't have to pay for this.

My Ride
    NC1

Shitty deal Jason! Hope it works out in your favor.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Toyota

Same thing happened to me at the NE costco a few years ago. I was already backing up then this big white van starts backing up too... I stop moving and honk numerous times. Boom he bumps into my car. We both get out.

Me: Didn't you see me backing out
    Him: Yeah...
    Me: Why didn't you stop
    Him: I didn't think you were that close
    Me: Well you hit me
    Him: Yeah sorry

I just looked at the damage and it was just a small scrape on an old car so I didn't bother with anything but your damage looks pretty bad. Good luck with insurance hope it goes in your favor.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    Who doesn't back in?
    The same people who don't rev-match or check their tire pressure, all lights are fully functional, and license plate is fully visible before driving each time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2