Quantcast
Nexus 5X and 6P - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus 5X and 6P

Press renders are out for the 5X and 6P....that "mint" color is pretty bad haha.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/28/g...event-preview/

Tomorrow sounds like the big event.

The 5X could be appealing to me as it's smaller than the latest stuff they're bringing out.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/09...ada-and-japan/

I guess we'll see how it compares. I'm still using my N4 which is 1" smaller than the 6P which is not very enticing to me.
    Last edited by msommers; 09-28-2015 at 07:47 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

I'm tired of my note4, it's too big. I hope the 5x is a good phone and small enough to fit in my palm
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I'm tired of my note4, it's too big. I hope the 5x is a good phone and small enough to fit in my palm
    Wanna sell it to me on beyond discount?

My Ride
    Grimace

I see on pricing for the 6P we get the short end of the sticl. 32gb is $500 US....or $700 cdn. 40% which is well above straight USD/CDN rate. Will be interesting to see pricing on 5X here.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

For the price of the 6P you can find yourself (from the US) a Moto X Pure 2015, which IMO is the better device.

With our dollar and the specs you'd get on the 5X, it just isn't worth it.

My Ride
    Grimace

The Prue 32gb is $450 USD though so once you convert the money and pay duty/tax you are likely over $700. Pure also has an 808 like the 5X where the 6P has an 810 V2.1. The customization of the moto is a huge plus though.

My Ride
    Hybrid

6P preorder is on the Canadian Play store now... $699 (US is $499)
    5X shows "join waitlist"
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Grimace

Lots of cases available too on the google store!

New chromecast and chromecast audio are pretty cool. Make your own sonos!

6P is too much money though, that is a 40% premium when currency conversion alone puts it at $671 and the dollar is crappy today. I don't get the need for such gouging. Would hurt more sales I think than extra profit it would bring in.

Originally posted by schocker
    ..........chromecast audio are pretty cool. Make your own sonos!

This is what i am most excited for. A multichannel amp and a half dozen of these bad boys and you have yourself a full multi room audio system for less than $1000

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by spike98
    This is what i am most excited for. A multichannel amp and a half dozen of these bad boys and you have yourself a full multi room audio system for less than $1000
    The only benefit of sonos then would be having to notpower off and on manually. Sucks though as I started buying sonos and now have 4x Play:1
    Also RCA/optical cables are not included, can't see on the device where it would plug in either. I will probably grab one a CC and CC audio to play around with though.

Both amazing phones. I won't be super picky on price since it's probably the device that I use most often. But 5X doesn't come in 64GB??

Camera quality was my biggest gripe and they finally stepped up.

My Ride
    Grimace

5X is the budget phone while 6P is the flagship. Great spec, looks like very nice build quality and materials and 128gb for $849 is kind of nice. N6 released at $749 anyways I think. That was too much, and we are getting screwed on pricing on this and still 32gb at $699. Iphone 6s for example is $1289 for 128gb.

No microSD anymore? Is expandable memory a thing of the past?
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Grimace

No microSD anymore? Is expandable memory a thing of the past?
    Nexus hasn't had microsd in ages, N4 and Original N7 never had it and those are many years old already. I would rather have internal storage over expandable storage anyday.

Originally posted by schocker

Nexus hasn't had microsd in ages, N4 and Original N7 never had it and those are many years old already. I would rather have internal storage over expandable storage anyday.
    Hot damn you're right, my N4 doesn't have it lol (i broke it about 6 months after owning it, but always felt like it was a better built phone than the samsungs ive had in the interim)

I wouldn't say I wouldn't want expandable memory, bouncing between phones and being able to access all my photos taken instantly vs grabbing them off picasa/google/drop box is handy.

My Ride
    Grimace

Hot damn you're right, my N4 doesn't have it lol (i broke it about 6 months after owning it, but always felt like it was a better built phone than the samsungs ive had in the interim)

I wouldn't say I wouldn't want expandable memory, bouncing between phones and being able to access all my photos taken instantly vs grabbing them off picasa/google/drop box is handy.
    Yup, all non-removable backs/battery no microsd for years. I have an S6 though with the same drawbacks, and the build quality is wayyy better than any previous galaxy. That is part of the reason I bought it, if it was plastic I would have never got one.

I believe the main reasoning is cloud use, and a more consistent user experience based on differing speed cards, apps being run on internal or expandable etc. and also with android allowing multiple user accounts. I am fine without now using wifi almost all of the time and having a 32gb phone for apps/photos. Google photos/music, spotify, amazon photos all allow me to free up lots of space.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Can't wait for full review. 6P 64GB seems like not a bad buy if $cdn doesn't suck this bad right now.

My Ride
    an econo box

Originally posted by Manhattan

Camera quality was my biggest gripe and they finally stepped up.
    That was my biggest issue with my N5 especially with the terrible audio quality of the video recordings, but I bought it when the dollar was almost at par so despite this I still found the phone to be great bang for buck.

The still pics I've seen from the Nexus 5X look pretty good but I'm curious how the video quality will be as they opted not to have optical image stabilization on the N5X even though the N5 had it

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Can't wait for full review. 6P 64GB seems like not a bad buy if $cdn doesn't suck this bad right now.
    Yeah, only a $40 bump. $750 seems OK I guess as you are getting a phone for the price of say an S6 but it compares to the note size/specs wise.

I wonder if you import yourself from the states though, you could save a bit of money, but not enough to be worth the time to do.

Also I enjoy how they abandoned wireless charging on both of these

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast