Quantcast
Nexus 5X and 6P - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus 5X and 6P

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Man...US gets 32GB 5X in white for $349 + $25 gift card at B&H.
    Ultracrepidarian

Yeah the US prices on these phones are stupid for what you get. Damn exchange rate.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Inskin has the 6P glass back in stock! Already ordered mine!

Android 6.0.1 out for a little while now, should be getting pushed to most Nexus devices. I got it on my 6P and N9 OTA already. New emoji's, even faster app install/update times, even faster WiFi discovery, brought back the "until next alarm" option for priority/DND mode, and some minor tweaks for US carriers.

If you don't have it yet you can side load it in about 5 mins.

My Ride
    Grimace

^^^That is my biggest problem changing from the N5 to GS6. Still running 5.0.2

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Anyone else using the 5x? What are your overall thoughts? I'm sick of my laggy S5

Originally posted by schocker
    ^^^That is my biggest problem changing from the N5 to GS6. Still running 5.0.2
    Haha yeah it's not THAT big of a deal, except for doze IMO. I do wish my GS6 had that.

I average 65-70 hours battery life on the 6P with normal use which is phenomenal (would be several more hours yet if I let it die completely), and then it only takes an hour to charge it back up to 100%. When the phone isn't in use, it uses pretty much zero power. It drops 0-2% overnight, and then you're good to go the next day with the same battery you ended the previous day with.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

I got my 6P the weekend before last, upgraded from the N5. It's pretty amazing, works beautifully, digging the imprint sensor to wake and how fast/accurate the camera is. Also received the update for 6.0.1. With this and the 5X, I honestly think that Nexus is the best choice for anyone looking for an Android phone. Quick system updates, solid features/specs and seamless integration with Google services, make it a no-brainer... for me anyways

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Originally posted by slick2404
    Anyone else using the 5x? What are your overall thoughts? I'm sick of my laggy S5
    I ditched my S5 in favour of the Nexus 6P.

I love it...as spike98 said on the 4th page, its just night and day. If you look at the last couple of pages, you can see that Mitsu3000gt, spike98, and JustinMCS all talked me into it.

I can't speak for the 5X, but I can tell you that the 6P would be much more bang for your buck, if you're able to afford the extra premium. That being said though, you can't go wrong with the 5X either.

I thought I wouldn't like the larger screen on the 6P, but its really not that much bigger. I got used to it after a few minutes.

You can't go wrong with either phone. Trust me...you won't regret it.

Come to the dark side...we have cookies.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

Koodo has a deal right now for the Nexus 6P. people are redflagdeals are signing up with koodo, and cancelling their plan a day later. It's actually cheaper to buy the 6P over the 5X at koodo right now.

total cost of the phone is $50 + $504 (tab balance) = $554.. and maybe a cancellation fee of $30?

Tempted the pull the trigger... but I like the smaller 5x...

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/nexus-6p
    Last edited by yellowsnow; 12-15-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Originally posted by yellowsnow
    Koodo has a deal right now for the Nexus 6P. people are redflagdeals are signing up with koodo, and cancelling their plan a day later. It's actually cheaper to buy the 6P over the 5X at koodo right now.

total cost of the phone is $50 + $504 (tab balance) = $554.. and maybe a cancellation fee of $30?

I was originally going to go with the 5X but ended up going the the 6P. I really didn't know what I would think of having a phone that size.

Now I don't want to say it isn't a big phone because it is. But with how thin it is, it is very manageable. I'm able to do anything I would normally do one handed, one handed still. I always type with both hands anyway. I also don't really notice it any bigger in my pocket then the HTC One M8 that I had previously.

I love the usability of the large screen. When I use my wifes phone now (Nexus 5), I find the screen so small. I would have a tough time going back to a 5" screen.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Haha yeah it's not THAT big of a deal, except for doze IMO. I do wish my GS6 had that.

I average 65-70 hours battery life on the 6P with normal use which is phenomenal (would be several more hours yet if I let it die completely), and then it only takes an hour to charge it back up to 100%. When the phone isn't in use, it uses pretty much zero power. It drops 0-2% overnight, and then you're good to go the next day with the same battery you ended the previous day with.
    Well I always liked having the most current version first, and I am guessing Bell will take their sweet time, so maybe by the spring I will have it. Also the fact that the bell version is missing sort apps alphabetically so they are sorted by when installed so I have just random half empty pages in my app drawer.

Also, really good summary on reddit of a nexus event where a lot of questions were answered about the Nexus 6, 5X & 6P.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...the_nyc_nexus/
    Last edited by schocker; 12-15-2015 at 11:00 AM.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Originally posted by yellowsnow

Not a bad price, as long as you don't need any more storage than 32GB, as thats all the carriers have.

I went with the 64GB just cause I wanted the extra space, and I'm already on a month-to-month BYOD plan, so I didn't want to sign up for a new contract either.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

Default 5X/6P price reduction

hey guys not sure if you're seeing the same price reductions back home but here in the US both the 5X and 6P are cheaper by 50USD... the 6P was just reduced today.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Default Re: 5X/6P price reduction

Originally posted by kJUMP
    hey guys not sure if you're seeing the same price reductions back home but here in the US both the 5X and 6P are cheaper by 50USD... the 6P was just reduced today.
    I saw that news on Reddit. No such luck on the Canadian store.

Exchange rate has only worsened, we're lucky they haven't raised our prices

Got the 6P with rogers for $50 on 2 year flex tab. not bad!!

I went to buy a TV on boxing date and the deals on Phones were good, so I ended up getting an S6, it was between that and the 6P. coming from and Nexus 5, I do miss the stock android. I am thinking of going back and changing it for a 6P since I do have 30 days, but not sure on the size.

Im just not 100% happy with the s6, buying phones nowadays is a tough decision haha

My Ride
    Grimace

^^^I have an S6 and if I had waited, I would have probably got a 6P as I think I would get used to the size. Bell just sent out the 5.1.1 upgrade last week
    So I do miss stock android a lot. 5.1.1 did make a bunch of good changes to my phone though including making my battery life better as I had some weird night time idle drain.

I have an 6P and the wife a S6. The 6P bests the S in all categories except for the camera. The S6 has a slight edge as it is faster to open and shoot. The quality is still very similar.

Speed, software, battery life, screen, no bloat. The 6P wins

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast